Yo what's up people.

This is a message directly to the developers.

First off, if I come home tonight and launch my game and see "Database Login Failure", not only am I refunding, the 5 other people who bought this game with me are refunding as well.

Furthermore, I think it's ridiculous to release a game that literally does not work. And instead of taking the servers down and fixing the problem, you keep them up and release a DLC patch. If it were up to me (VALVE), I would take this game off the Steam Market.

2 hours ago, ItsNotATumour said:

This happens in tons of online games at launch.

I don't know why so many people are surprised.

23 years of PC gaming under my belt and yet I don't recall ever purchasing a game that flat out did not work (besides F13). So yeah, I am really surprised.

EA games are literally notorious for online issues at launch, that's a AAA developer and some of their "flagship" franchises....so I find this difficult to believe TBH

• Like 1

I think its because a lot of the Gamers are like me and first time to online gaming. I normally always only play single player....but I have made an exception here for this game B)

I have been able to play the game perfectly (minus the level up issue) up till now. Now I am getting the same Database login failure message. I guess they have taken it off?

Hopefully its all up and running again soon! 

3 hours ago, JasonsToenail said:

Yo what's up people.

This is a message directly to the developers.

First off, if I come home tonight and launch my game and see "Database Login Failure", not only am I refunding, the 5 other people who bought this game with me are refunding as well.

Furthermore, I think it's ridiculous to release a game that literally does not work. And instead of taking the servers down and fixing the problem, you keep them up and release a DLC patch. If it were up to me (VALVE), I would take this game off the Steam Market.

Oh my. I'm sure threats to refund will have them petrified.  Look, they are working around the clock to fix these issues.  They want nothing more than to have you log in and play tonight.  

Look at the stats of past online games. They ALL HAVE PROBLEMS at launch. This is nothing new. Patience pays off. You and your friends will have a killer of a time.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

I think its because a lot of the Gamers are like me and first time to online gaming. I normally always only play single player....but I have made an exception here for this game B)

I have been able to play the game perfectly (minus the level up issue) up till now. Now I am getting the same Database login failure message. I guess they have taken it off?

Hopefully its all up and running again soon! 

That's all fine, we're all wanting the issues fixed ASAP, but the other guy was claiming to work at valve and having never even *heard* of a game having issues at launch, which is just....

24 minutes ago, JasonsToenail said:

23 years of PC gaming under my belt and yet I don't recall ever purchasing a game that flat out did not work (besides F13). So yeah, I am really surprised.

SimCity 2013, Diablo III, MMORPG's first day launches. Three PC games right there.

26 minutes ago, JasonsToenail said:

Diabo 3 didn't work for like a week after launch and tons of MMO's so do your research. You need to stop wanting everything instantly and let the devs do their job. The servers are overloaded and they are working on it.

Just now, Neko20 said:

SimCity 2013, Diablo III, MMORPG's first day launches. Three PC games right there.

Your Avatar is quite fitting at the moment :D

36 minutes ago, CultHero said:

EA games are literally notorious for online issues at launch, that's a AAA developer and some of their "flagship" franchises....so I find this difficult to believe TBH

But at least they were playable. You might get some crashing but at least you could play. Meanwhile, I bought F13 on Friday and I have yet to play a single game. I don't even know what the main menu looks like.

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Oh my. I'm sure threats to refund will have them petrified.  Look, they are working around the clock to fix these issues.  They want nothing more than to have you log in and play tonight.  

Look at the stats of past online games. They ALL HAVE PROBLEMS at launch. This is nothing new. Patience pays off. You and your friends will have a killer of a time.  

Maybe not my threats but I've read that Valve is considering taking the game off the market until these issues are resolved. That might light some fires under their feet.

28 minutes ago, CultHero said:

That's all fine, we're all wanting the issues fixed ASAP, but the other guy was claiming to work at valve and having never even *heard* of a game having issues at launch, which is just....

Re-read my original post. I never claimed to work at Valve.

Re-read my original post. I never claimed to work at Valve.

Fair enough, I took "If it were up to me (VALVE)" to mean you did

1 minute ago, horrorfangirl said:

Racism aside...I am actually kinda tanned. Just got back from Spain B)

Whoa whoa whoa, whoever said anything about racism. Please don't kid like that.

5 minutes ago, JasonsToenail said:

Maybe not my threats but I've read that Valve is considering taking the game off the market until these issues are resolved. That might light some fires under their feet.

Interesting development.  Where did you see that?

1 minute ago, JasonsToenail said:

Whoa whoa whoa, whoever said anything about racism. Please don't kid like that.

Thats cool. Its a term we use here for fair skin.
Maybe you meant Pesty.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Interesting development.  Where did you see that?

Steam community forums. Pageeee, no idea. I believe it 100% though. Valve is not afraid to crack down on that shit and have done so quite publicly. Selling a non-functional game on Steam is a big no-no.

"For Honor" is a recently released game that comes to mind with regard to Day1 issues. Disconnects galore, no connections at all, and a few nasty bugs here and there...But AT LEAST you were able to play (if you couldn't connect for PvP games, you could still at least play offline and practice). 

I'm on PC and bought this game on release day, it took a few tries of getting the 'Database Login error', I was finally able to get in and played about 6 games, but then got kicked and couldn't reconnect and finally gave up for the rest of the evening. 

For me, the time is now 3:44pm and literally since about 8:00am I've been trying to get into this game with ZERO luck. That's BS! It's one thing to be overburdened due to unexpected demand, but this is a complete lockout. I didn't pay $40 for a game I can't play, at all.

...And I don't agree with the notion that this can be expected since so many other games have had issues at launch...Because then the Devs should've taken that into account during BETA testing and more stringently stress tested their servers. 

6 hours ago, JasonsToenail said:

Steam community forums. Pageeee, no idea. I believe it 100% though. Valve is not afraid to crack down on that shit and have done so quite publicly. Selling a non-functional game on Steam is a big no-no.

They may "crack down" on non-functional games, but that isn't the case here.

The game works when you can get in, and a lot of us have been able to, to some extent at least.

You've just been one of the unlucky ones it seems.

Refund pending. Day 3 and not a single game played. Developers contracting outside sources because they can't fix the problem. Poorly executed launch would be an understatement.