Sign in to follow this  
TacoMasters

Blocking prevents Grab from Jason

Well, this isn't really supposed to be a long topic.

Basically, when a counselor is blocking, the counselor has a small chance of not being grabbed by Jason from two ways: Jason disarms the player instead of grabbing them. This makes it so that the counselor is rendered useless without a weapon, but still has a small window to escape. Jason fails to grab the player. Again, a small window that makes the counselor have a chance to escape or fight. I believe it'll give the combat system a lot more depth and focus. What do you all think of the idea?

37 minutes ago, TacoMasters said:

Well, this isn't really supposed to be a long topic.

Basically, when a counselor is blocking, the counselor has a small chance of not being grabbed by Jason from two ways: Jason disarms the player instead of grabbing them. This makes it so that the counselor is rendered useless without a weapon, but still has a small window to escape. Jason fails to grab the player. Again, a small window that makes the counselor have a chance to escape or fight. I believe it'll give the combat system a lot more depth and focus. What do you all think of the idea?

Tried it a few times always ends in getting grabed. I think the the block is just to reduce the incoming damage from his melee attack. Dodge is supposed to counter his grab but that doesn't work either.

Danke,

I don't think he is saying that is how it works, but instead a suggestion he has for the game to make it more interesting.