Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

Just to note a few things.

1) everything is read. Just because you demand an answer does not mean it's going to be provided any sooner than it is intended. 

2) I can understand that people are angry over the issue because yea it sucks when you drop mid game or a host rage quits for what ever reason. The issue is know, this isn't something swept under the rug. When there is something to say about it, it will be communicated. Is that exactly the Answer you wanted to hear? No, I am pretty sure it isn't. However the reality of it does not change. 

3) major strides are being made to rectify this. If you think back to launch on Xbox the quick match did not even work. Right now is it flawless? No, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was. It's hard to keep patience, I get it. I think the passion here is a good thing. It indicates you just want it to work! And when it doesn't you are upset. Again understood.

In closing these issues will be tacked down in the near future and the anger will all be a thing of the past. Just hang in there progress is coming!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

we got an answer for the dedicated servers.

@wes So ya'll never thought to mention we wouldn't have dedicated servers on consoles? after countless questions before release regarding dedicated servers you confirmed that there would be. Yet, you failed to mention this wouldn't be the case for consoles.

That's some shady shit. You have dedicated servers for 1/3 of your platforms. Was that worthy of your answers saying we would have them? You never specified we would not get them. But you also never said we would get them.

So you're off clean through a technicality. If the gaming business doesn't work out for you, you should consider being a politician.

One thing I gathered from that update is that dedicated servers are on your "roster". While I agree that memory leaks are problem number one for XB1, dedicated servers should be a main priority on both consoles. 

Additional note: I think everyone here can agree with me that dedicated servers are a must. As you said yourself previously, P2P is like the "wild west". And I guess us on console are living it.

17 hours ago, JPops said:

1) everything is read. Just because you demand an answer does not mean it's going to be provided any sooner than it is intended. 

2) I can understand that people are angry over the issue because yea it sucks when you drop mid game or a host rage quits for what ever reason. The issue is know, this isn't something swept under the rug. When there is something to say about it, it will be communicated. Is that exactly the Answer you wanted to hear? No, I am pretty sure it isn't. However the reality of it does not change. 

3) major strides are being made to rectify this. If you think back to launch on Xbox the quick match did not even work. Right now is it flawless? No, but it's a hell of a lot better than it was. It's hard to keep patience, I get it. I think the passion here is a good thing. It indicates you just want it to work! And when it doesn't you are upset. Again understood.

In closing these issues will be tacked down in the near future and the anger will all be a thing of the past. Just hang in there progress is coming!

Then why didnt you respond earlier instead of us New people who come on here cause it takes an hour to find a game to play and not just a dead session of me alone?

Just update us on it instead of being silent! 

This game on ps4 is almost completely broken unless you manage to find a group of people to play with. And still if you have a group it never manage to transit from group 2 session. Always someone is kicked out in the process! It is outrageous! 

P2p quick game is the only issue you should adress. It destroys the experience completely. The oob bugs are not even 1% as bad as waiting 1 hour to get a game going and the host quits and im stuck in my own empty session again. Of all the people i mer ingame their major concern is from this 1 point. The betrayers get taken care of by the community mostly. 

It's a 20 minute game people just hope the host dont die early so he quits and we get nothing for the time spent. I dont want 13000 sr; i want what i earn. 

Think if h1z1 was hosted by 1 player and you didnt earn exp before the entire game was finished and the host player didnt leave.

Add exp when u finish so we can populate games quicker. People who are in groups will still observe but early loner deaths can fill up new ones. 

You discourage new players from forcing them to observe others play instead of joining a new game

@Innehageslange, we mods and JPops don't work for Gun. We volunteer our time here to moderate and keep the forums clean, we're not privileged to any specific information. We can't tell you what we don't know.

Also, I see you haven't made an introduction post yet. It states in the forum rules that you are required to post one in the introductions section of the forum. I'd suggest you head over there and get that sorted.

24 minutes ago, Innehageslange said:

Then why didnt you respond earlier instead of us New people who come on here cause it takes an hour to find a game to play and not just a dead session of me alone?

Just update us on it instead of being silent! 

To be fair, @JPops has no insider knowledge. he probably knows just as much as we do when it comes to most stuff about the game.

The real people who should be held accountable for that are the devs.

5 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@wes So ya'll never thought to mention we wouldn't have dedicated servers on consoles? after countless questions before release regarding dedicated servers you confirmed that there would be. Yet, you failed to mention this wouldn't be the case for consoles.

That's some shady shit. You have dedicated servers for 1/3 of your platforms. Was that worthy of your answers saying we would have them? You never specified we would not get them. But you also never said we would get them.

So you're off clean through a technicality. If the gaming business doesn't work out for you, you should consider being a politician.

One thing I gathered from that update is that dedicated servers are on your "roster". While I agree that memory leaks are problem number one for XB1, dedicated servers should be a main priority on both consoles. 

Additional note: I think everyone here can agree with me that dedicated servers are a must. As you said yourself previously, P2P is like the "wild west". And I guess us on console are living it.

Then how do they explain this. 

On 6/16/2017 at 6:50 PM, Brigadius said:

9 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Then how do they explain this. 

They never specified for consoles ;) they said they would have dedicated servers for public matches, but never for what platform.

That's the excuse they're using. Wasn't there fault for being vague and misleading. It's ours for not reading in between the lines. 

Which is total horse shit.

Edit: re read the tweet. The guy specifically stated consoles and they basically said yes. What in the actual fuck.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

They never specified for consoles ;) they said they would have dedicated servers for public matches, but never for what platform.

That's the excuse they're using. Wasn't there fault for being vague and misleading. It's ours for not reading in between the lines. 

But the answer is to a console specific question. Specifically Xbox because azure is mentioned. 

Just now, Brigadius said:

But the answer is to a console specific question. Specifically Xbox because azure is mentioned. 

Edited my previous post. Brain fart. I completely missed the words "console" and "Azure"

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Edited my previous post. Brain fart. I completely missed the words "console" and "Azure"

So that reads as,  yes, we have dedicated console servers. 

Just now, Brigadius said:

So that reads as,  yes, we have dedicated console servers. 

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

To be fair, @JPops has no insider knowledge. he probably knows just as much as we do when it comes to most stuff about the game.

The real people who should be held accountable for that are the devs.

Sorry dudes, i thought it was an official forum so not meant for you guys. Mistakes like this comes with being a noob to something.

Just now, Innehageslange said:

Sorry dudes, i thought it was an official forum so not meant for you guys. Mistakes like this comes with being a noob to something.

No worries! And, well, it is an official forum. But i'll admit that it doesn't really seem like it.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Edit: re read the tweet. The guy specifically stated consoles and they basically said yes. What in the actual fuck.

I just wanted to pop in and agree with this. I doubt we're going to get anything else out of them at this point, but they not only never said consoles wouldn't have servers.. They responded to a guy asking about consoles and said yes. Even if they hadn't done that, it isn't our job to assume that, "The game will have dedicated servers." means that the PC version will and none of the others. It isn't unreasonable to feel misled when you're given incorrect information REPEATEDLY. What other area in life would anyone think it's acceptable to sell a product with false information consistently repeated before it's release? Just because they didn't mean to mislead us doesn't mean they didn't. Doesn't mean you have to hate Gun or think they're jerks, but they screwed this one up and I want them to make it right. The game is a total mess with P2P.

Hello! it's me... Again! :)

So as i can see they are still contradicting themselves, yes, no, maybe, no, yes, no or maybe they finally gave an answer that there are no dedicated servers?

Haven't played F13 at all for the past week because i was playing another game of the same genre but with a completely different gameplay style on PS4 that has way less issue, well i didn't ran into any issue in about 15 hours, is it as fun as F13? no it's not but the no issue made it way more enjoyable for now. So with the 13k CP thing i though last night why not give F13 another try... i tried for 15 min to get into a full QP lobby finally managed to get into one with 2 spots to fill, wait almost 5 more mins, game is full timer start to go down 30 seconds left before the game start YES!! i will be able to p.... You were kicked cause host left the game...NOOOOOOO!! WHY!? WHY?! Close the game. Back to that other game.

A month after release i shouldn't still be forced to play Private Match when the game has a QP option. I don't care anymore if they keep contradicting themselves or false advertised their game saying all platforms would have dedicated servers at this point just give us the f***** host migration and ill be happy. I WANT TO PLAY THIS DAMN GAME!

A manbaby who wants to play the game he always dream of with a minimum or no issue. 

I love being disconnected almost every game because the host leaves after dying. Where's the achievement for 13, 100, 666, and 1000 disconnects. Because I'm well on my way to earning them all. 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 10:14 PM, JPops said:

I don't mean this in a rude way, but in all seriousness, but would they like to start a kickstarter to fund this? I'd gladly throw them $10 to get this up and running....

8 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I don't mean this in a rude way, but in all seriousness, but would they like to start a kickstarter to fund this? I'd gladly throw them $10 to get this up and running....

mind blown....

glad someone is willing to i guess, this was my 1st and last kickstarter experience. love the game but they got my money, my wallet is shut for more functional products with a bit more honesty behind them.   

11 hours ago, Brigadius said:

I love being disconnected almost every game because the host leaves after dying. Where's the achievement for 13, 100, 666, and 1000 disconnects. Because I'm well on my way to earning them all. 

I keep trying to play the game on PS4 and I just can't. Every match is either horrendous ping or host leaving, and the fun I have usually gets crushed by one of those two things. Gun seems like a great group of guys and the game is great, but if I knew before release they weren't telling the truth about dedicated servers and it would be this way? I wouldn't have bought the game.. Not for a long time at least. I can't even get a refund now because I've owned the game for so long in the hopes it'd get better, so I've basically got a 40 dollar bookend unless they add servers or P2P somehow gets 10 times better.

P.S. Not telling the truth may sound a little harsh, but I'm not trying to just flame the hell out of the devs. It's just hard to see what else you could call it at this point. The only plausible excuse I've heard is their servers got overloaded and they had to switch to P2P, but the devs themselves seem reluctant to put that out anywhere besides obscure forum posts.. Not to mention I and everyone else who played the game at launch on console (If you could get a game!) knows that it was always P2P. From the minute it launched there was no servers.

So has anyone heard anything about this? Over a month after launch and it doesn't seem to be a thing.

1 minute ago, Ethan said:

So has anyone heard anything about this? Over a month after launch and it doesn't seem to be a thing.

Dedicated servers are on their "roster". PC only had dedicated right now. So they lied to 2/3 of their player base.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Dedicated servers are on their "roster". PC only had dedicated right now. So they lied to 2/3 of their player base.

Must be right behind the " get trapped while fixing car,can't use action key",  " crouching to get through walls"  and " pulling up map in vehicle, stays on screen" glitches.  

But hey its a small team and they gave us retro Jason so this doesn't mater.

• Like 1

My fear is that by the time all the issues are fixed and the game is actually playable that the community will be dead