Jump to content
Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone asked f13 support page? There answers have been entertaining that last couple days. I wonder what they would say on this. 

13.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Has anyone asked f13 support page? There answers have been entertaining that last couple days. I wonder what they would say on this. 

13.jpg

I've tweeted the support account multiple times and just got the response someone else posted earlier. (So a non-answer after about 10 tries.) Tweeted every other related account too and none of them responded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EoNevoLi1017 said:

Well here's them confirming there won't be dedicated servers for console. Still no explanation as to why after they stated they would exist.

https://twitter.com/GetThatT4ng/status/874314425049677825

I'm frustrated if their explanation will be their intention was PC only to have dedicated server and it's on us the consumer to infer that when at no point did they state as such. It would be fair to assume all platforms would have dedicated servers based on their own information.

Not happy with this to say the least.

Damnnnn someone quoted from my twitter.

 

im twitter famous guys... lmao.

 

Bur seriously all we need is a response and a reason given for no dedicated servers. I know the support page has released a few errors, butttttt normally someone from gun comes in to correct it.

 

The silence on this particular topic is telling me all I need to know, but I still wanna hear it from a dev.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to think these are actually how server conversations go at Gun meetings. 

AtlanticComics-6-723x1024.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have some news for u guys, I made an account just to keep u informed. This will be my one and only post as I feel very annoyed with the whole thing and I don't want to waste my time arguing with fanboys who attempt to defend this, or feeling salty bemoaning constantly how we got screwed over and lied to, so I'll give u the info and then I'm moving on to other things. What I will say tho is I shall not support this company again now and I can only say I personally feel lied to and do not believe the excuse that was given to me. .,

Ok so now thats out of the way, the actual news.

I have been asking about in the discord server for some official clarification on the dedicated servers for consoles and most of the responses were usually along the lines of fanboys claiming the promises that were made were never made or that they were sure that the dedicated servers would be coming 'eventually'. I kept asking in the main channel and today I got a response from the owner of the discord channel. He informed me after I said an official explanation was needed on this issue and it had been 3 weeks we had all been trying to get one that -  'There actually is an explanation, when they playtested, they had lower ping with P2P on consoles. So they chose that, now they're looking into a system to fix it.' - So there it is this is the official explanation apparently. - I do not believe this for a second. The devs themselves spent the entire time up to launch telling everyne how P2P was poor and dedicated servers were better. No where have I ever seen them say on twitter etc that they had made the decision to change it from dedicated to P2P only for consoles either before launch or afterwards, so if this is the explanation they gave the owner of the discord channel then why haven't they been open about it to the rest of us via their social media. Plus this part cracks me up 'So they chose that, now they're looking into a system to fix it' - if it worked better than dedicated servers then why would they need to fix it and how come conveniently dedicated servers are the best option for PC but for Consoles P2P suddenly became the best, not to mention that surely they would have researched this prior to making the previous commitments for dedicated servers on consoles. All I can say is how I personally feel and that is lied to. I don't for a second believe that P2P is better for consoles than dedicated servers. Therefore I have decided to exercise my right as a consumer to not purchase any future content either for this game or any other games the company makes in the future. This was the final straw for me! - I seriously don't feel like expecting companies to keep their promises is too much to ask, tho I know a bunch of fanboys on the discord who would disagree with me, hence Y I have decided to leave the discord and will not be returning to it! 

I genuinely hope this game eventually gets fixed and we don't keep getting all these disconnects on the XB1 anymore in the future, then maybe at the very least I can cash in on my purchase and enjoy my time playing with you guys, however I am not holding my breath anymore. A shame really :( I didn't really want to create an account on here, but I thought u guys deserved to hear the news so u can begin to mourn for the dedicated servers on consoles, sadly it seems they are NOT coming EVER! :( 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the only thing that makes me unhappy about buying the console version. I feel like the PC players are definitely going to get all the best aspects of this game. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that they've done this and act like no one realizes they lied pisses me off. This is unbelievable bullshit. I've been disconnected 4 Times today on xbox due to the host's shitty connection.  Damn having to hunt an hour or more to have to find a decent room to play in, and then the host might be quitting after you've played one match. It makes the game a chore to play, and is absolutely horse shit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, RocknRon13 said:

The fact that they've done this and act like no one realizes they lied pisses me off. This is unbelievable bullshit. I've been disconnected 4 Times today on xbox due to the host's shitty connection.  Damn having to hunt an hour or more to have to find a decent room to play in, and then the host might be quitting after you've played one match. It makes the game a chore to play, and is absolutely horse shit! 

I was under the impression that dedicated servers were on route. Has anyone tagged a developer or admin into this conversation?

In the past they've been really transparent,  I'm sure if dedicated servers are coming they'll clarify. Dropped a Tweet, hopefully we get an answer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slashin' Passion said:

I was under the impression that dedicated servers were on route. Has anyone tagged a developer or admin into this conversation?

In the past they've been really transparent,  I'm sure if dedicated servers are coming they'll clarify. Dropped a Tweet, hopefully we get an answer.

 

Read through the thread man. We've tagged a dev at least once per page. They aren't answering anything about this. Complete radio silence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scorpio said:

I have some news for u guys, I made an account just to keep u informed. This will be my one and only post as I feel very annoyed with the whole thing and I don't want to waste my time arguing with fanboys who attempt to defend this, or feeling salty bemoaning constantly how we got screwed over and lied to, so I'll give u the info and then I'm moving on to other things. What I will say tho is I shall not support this company again now and I can only say I personally feel lied to and do not believe the excuse that was given to me. .,

Ok so now thats out of the way, the actual news.

I have been asking about in the discord server for some official clarification on the dedicated servers for consoles and most of the responses were usually along the lines of fanboys claiming the promises that were made were never made or that they were sure that the dedicated servers would be coming 'eventually'. I kept asking in the main channel and today I got a response from the owner of the discord channel. He informed me after I said an official explanation was needed on this issue and it had been 3 weeks we had all been trying to get one that -  'There actually is an explanation, when they playtested, they had lower ping with P2P on consoles. So they chose that, now they're looking into a system to fix it.' - So there it is this is the official explanation apparently. - I do not believe this for a second. The devs themselves spent the entire time up to launch telling everyne how P2P was poor and dedicated servers were better. No where have I ever seen them say on twitter etc that they had made the decision to change it from dedicated to P2P only for consoles either before launch or afterwards, so if this is the explanation they gave the owner of the discord channel then why haven't they been open about it to the rest of us via their social media. Plus this part cracks me up 'So they chose that, now they're looking into a system to fix it' - if it worked better than dedicated servers then why would they need to fix it and how come conveniently dedicated servers are the best option for PC but for Consoles P2P suddenly became the best, not to mention that surely they would have researched this prior to making the previous commitments for dedicated servers on consoles. All I can say is how I personally feel and that is lied to. I don't for a second believe that P2P is better for consoles than dedicated servers. Therefore I have decided to exercise my right as a consumer to not purchase any future content either for this game or any other games the company makes in the future. This was the final straw for me! - I seriously don't feel like expecting companies to keep their promises is too much to ask, tho I know a bunch of fanboys on the discord who would disagree with me, hence Y I have decided to leave the discord and will not be returning to it! 

I genuinely hope this game eventually gets fixed and we don't keep getting all these disconnects on the XB1 anymore in the future, then maybe at the very least I can cash in on my purchase and enjoy my time playing with you guys, however I am not holding my breath anymore. A shame really :( I didn't really want to create an account on here, but I thought u guys deserved to hear the news so u can begin to mourn for the dedicated servers on consoles, sadly it seems they are NOT coming EVER! :( 

I don't see how P2P could even possibly be better when the lowest ping I've ever seen anyone have in any lobby on ps4 (Not just mine) was 90. Unless the dedicated servers were made out of wood, that sounds like some total BS. I'd take 200 ping on a stable connection over what we have now even if it was the case. Almost seems like the game specifically chooses people with terrible connections considering the number of matches that are full of connection errors, teleporting, slowdown.. Etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Read through the thread man. We've tagged a dev at least once per page. They aren't answering anything about this. Complete radio silence.

Got a reply within 24 hours. My guess is that they can't confirm anything until it's 100% set in stone. "Updating Matchmaking" is super vague. It would be nice to get a yes or no answer to dedicated servers,  but at least they're actually working on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

Got a reply within 24 hours. My guess is that they can't confirm anything until it's 100% set in stone. "Updating Matchmaking" is super vague. It would be nice to get a yes or no answer to dedicated servers,  but at least they're actually working on it.

Can't get much more vague than that. :(

@GunMedia_Ben, @wes, @Randygbk - At this point, you guys are literally ignoring us. You say you read everything. You've read this. How about a response? Put down the Jimmy John's and just give a yes or no on dedicated servers for consoles.

I did notice Ronnie Hobbs' Twitter is now private. Transparency may be a thing of the past. Fuck it anyway, I want accountability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't bother tweeting the support twitter. Pretty much every reply is generic and vague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

I don't bother tweeting the support twitter. Pretty much every reply is generic and vague.

Almost every tweet is "We're very sorry about that!" or "we're aware of the issue!" or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dedicated servers and host migration  are a must. I have gotten so fed up with people rage quiting or host quiting when they are killed, I will not join a game unless I'm host or start a private match.  

Is this happening or do we need to wait for the psn store to goof up and generate more revenue  for this to happen??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Dedicated servers and host migration  are a must. I have gotten so fed up with people rage quiting or host quiting when they are killed, I will not join a game unless I'm host or start a private match.  

Is this happening or do we need to wait for the psn store to goof up and generate more revenue  for this to happen??

Completely agree. One things for certain though, they are most definitely avoiding this like the plague.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Completely agree. One things for certain though, they are most definitely avoiding this like the plague.

 

No idea why that thread was closed- your point is very valid. How is it impossible to have one place for all information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

No idea why that thread was closed- your point is very valid. How is it impossible to have one place for all information?

I don't know either but he was very quick on the draw.

He says it's okay for us to criticise gun, which is a good thing. But he immediately shuts down that thread. Maybe he saw the potential same outcome as the discord thread, but obviously it's a topic that should be discussed given how that thread ended.

I even said before release that I'd bring this back up. Now that I have, it's locked again. I don't view this as a personal attack or anything. I just think it's bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Public and private matches should have dedicated servers. P2P is trash. This game is laggy. It is incredibly frustrating and sucks the fun right out of the game. Not sure what the developers were thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think things are pretty hectic over at Gun right now, it seems this is one of those times where they simply can't provide an answer yet. Once they have something concrete to tell us, I'm sure they will :) But I have no doubt that it is something they are aware of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2017 at 7:02 AM, Sagremort said:

It was announced that this game would have dedicated servers for Quick Match on all 3 platforms and that private match are P2P.

After watching people play on twitch, i can safely say that the PC version does actually have them dedicated servers, when they start searching for a game, in the upper right corner it does say searching for dedicated server and once in the game every single players has a ping besides their name.

But when it comes down to consoles all the games i've managed to play in Quick Match up until lvl9 on PS4 were player hosted, when i start searching for a game in the top right corner i'm searching for a session (not searching for dedicated here) and once i get into a lobby there is always a player without a ping meaning hes the host. 
The main problem here is that if the host is killed early he quit the game and every other players are kicked back to the menu with no rewards at all.

I tried to reach all their media on this question whether or not it was a bug, Sony didn't push the power button on the servers, is it intended until everything is stable or something else and no answer, strangely I've ask other questions and got answers. And from what i see from the twitter they rather answer some guy that was telling them that he could only masturbate a set amount of time while waiting on the game to work properly. 

It doesn't behave like dedicated servers though because there's still a host and if they quit the game crashes on people.  If it's a dedicated server it should have no host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...