Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

Don't stop posting in this thread, keep it towards the top.

The only way to get them to comment is to pester the fuck outta them.

I think their silence and the tweet I posted shows their stance on dedicated servers for consoles.

Its bullshit, but does anyone really expect any different.

At least their not like activision and say they are putting dedicated severs in the game, but they only put a handful of them in there and the vast majority is P2P.

Damn comparing a company to activision, that's not a good look lmao.

7 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

I think their silence and the tweet I posted shows their stance on dedicated servers for consoles.

Its bullshit, but does anyone really expect any different.

At least their not like activision and say they are putting dedicated severs in the game, but they only put a handful of them in there and the vast majority is P2P.

Damn comparing a company to activision, that's not a good look lmao.

Activision and Ubisoft are the best comparisons for it atm. Which is never a good thing. 

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Activision and Ubisoft are the best comparisons for it atm. Which is never a good thing. 

Agreed.

I just want them to comment on why the Xbox doesn't have dedis when Microsoft offers servers for free.

Is it to create a parity between the PS4 and Xbox since Sony doesn't offer servers for devs?

Just seems very fishy to me.

3 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Agreed.

I just want them to comment on why the Xbox doesn't have dedis when Microsoft offers servers for free.

Is it to create a parity between the PS4 and Xbox since Sony doesn't offer servers for devs?

Just seems very fishy to me.

That's basically what my goal is right now. I think it's pretty obvious consoles won't get dedicated servers. I just want to hear their explanation and I want them to own up to this massive fuck up.

They've been pretty good at trying to shift blame. I have yet to see them admit a fuck up.

I turned the game on for the first time in a week, Quick Match at first put me in a room by myself then 2 people joined and left. After waiting a few more minutes I searched again and got put in a full room so I was happy. I was lucky enough to be Jason, my wife was watching me and had a blast, managed to kill 7/8. Next match Host quit after the first few minutes and the game dropped, got annoyed and stopped playing. Absolute BS, this game needs dedicated servers and worst case scenario we need a host migration that actually works so the game doesn't drop! So frustrating to be halfway through a match and having fun then the freaking game just drops and kicks you out. I have never played Dead by Daylight but I might give it a go if there is no hope for this game. so far a waste of $40 but like I said fingers crossed they don't give up on these issues and it works at some point.

4 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

I turned the game on for the first time in a week, Quick Match at first put me in a room by myself then 2 people joined and left. After waiting a few more minutes I searched again and got put in a full room so I was happy. I was lucky enough to be Jason, my wife was watching me and had a blast, managed to kill 7/8. Next match Host quit after the first few minutes and the game dropped, got annoyed and stopped playing. Absolute BS, this game needs dedicated servers and worst case scenario we need a host migration that actually works so the game doesn't drop! So frustrating to be halfway through a match and having fun then the freaking game just drops and kicks you out. I have never played Dead by Daylight but I might give it a go if there is no hope for this game. so far a waste of $40 but like I said fingers crossed they don't give up on these issues and it works at some point.

Well at least you got in a Jason round! 

But the dropped matches need to stop. Dedicated servers are the best solution.

But just so you know, I don't think DbD has dedicated servers either. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if the are see a significant drop off in players at this point. 3 weeks and it's still difficult to play. This p2p sucks, host always jumping ship. They should have at very least had host migration before launch. And for one platform to have dedicated servers while the others don't is an insult to 2/3 of the player base. 

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the are see a significant drop off in players at this point. 3 weeks and it's still difficult to play. This p2p sucks, host always jumping ship. They should have at very least had host migration before launch. And for one platform to have dedicated servers while the others don't is an insult to 2/3 of the player base.

It's a mess. Might play a couple games tonight then hop on battlefront. I picked up the ultimate edition for 10 bucks today. Couldn't pass that up.

But the player base is definitely dwindling already. Which is a real shame.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It's a mess. Might play a couple games tonight then hop on battlefront. I picked up the ultimate edition for 10 bucks today. Couldn't pass that up.

But the player base is definitely dwindling already. Which is a real shame.

Does Xbox tell you how many are playing or own the game? 

Just now, Brigadius said:

Does Xbox tell you how many are playing or own the game? 

It does not unfortunately. At least not that I know of. 

20 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It does not unfortunately. At least not that I know of. 

Ya I don't believe there is, I know you can look up how many hours you spent on a game or your friends activity, but not the Xbox community as a whole.

I will say it's noticeable on my friends list the amount of people who have given up. I used to be able to find at least 10 people at a time playing from my FL, but now it's usually 2 or 3 only...if that. It's also been nearly impossible to get my real life friends to buy the game because of the negative press they read about the servers and glitches.

They are literally burning money by not addressing the issues.

19 minutes ago, Jokesonu! said:

Dedicated servers would be nice

HA! Nice?

It would be super nice.

Hopped on after work to try and do a quick match while my kids were busy for a few, after a few tries And being put in a lobby by myself and no one joining I finally get in a full lobby, match starts and within 5 minutes I got booted for some reason!! Bullshit, fix this game!! If dead by daylight is good and works right I'm moving on but after this experience I am nervous to buy another online only game from a small developer 

1 minute ago, chromeXskull said:

Hopped on after work to try and do a quick match while my kids were busy for a few, after a few tries And being out in a lobby by myself and no one joining I finally get in a full lobby, match starts and within 5 minutes I got booted for some reason!! Bullshit, fix this game!! If dead by daylight is good and works right I'm moving on

I'll be on tonight. If you are as well and have a mic we can try getting in a game.

Well here's them confirming there won't be dedicated servers for console. Still no explanation as to why after they stated they would exist.

https://twitter.com/GetThatT4ng/status/874314425049677825

I'm frustrated if their explanation will be their intention was PC only to have dedicated server and it's on us the consumer to infer that when at no point did they state as such. It would be fair to assume all platforms would have dedicated servers based on their own information.

Not happy with this to say the least.

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

So, @GunMedia_Ben, @Randygbk, @wes...

Dedicated servers for consoles- A lie? Or some bullshit excuse with "Apologies." at the end?

10 minutes ago, EoNevoLi1017 said:

Well here's them confirming there won't be dedicated servers for console. Still no explanation as to why after they stated they would exist.

https://twitter.com/GetThatT4ng/status/874314425049677825

I'm frustrated if their explanation will be their intention was PC only to have dedicated server and it's on us the consumer to infer that when at no point did they state as such. It would be fair to assume all platforms would have dedicated servers based on their own information.

Not happy with this to say the least.

It's not confirmed we saw that yesterday. Basically them saying nothing to announce yet as they have previously said dedicated servers were coming but not ready yet 

1 minute ago, 7theye said:

It's not confirmed we saw that yesterday. Basically them saying nothing to announce yet as they have previously said dedicated servers were coming but not ready yet 

They are saying they have nothing to announce, instead of saying they are working on it or it's in progress. Very frustrating as a lot of the disconnects could be resolved with dedicated servers. That was certainly a selling point for some people who purchased this game and now it's been three weeks and they still aren't up and running.

Not holding my breath.

Just now, EoNevoLi1017 said:

They are saying they have nothing to announce, instead of saying they are working on it or it's in progress. Very frustrating as a lot of the disconnects could be resolved with dedicated servers. That was certainly a selling point for some people who purchased this game and now it's been three weeks and they still aren't up and running.

Not holding my breath.

Oh I totally agree. 

I wantwd them to own it - come out and say sorry we messed up and it's not coming. Just man up. None of this 'nothing to announce yet' which is what they keep saying. This thread deserves a final answer that twitter response wasn't it

@GunMedia_Ben for every post in this thread you don't answer, someone disconnects as soon as they get Jason.

You don't want that on your conscience, do you? 

• Like 1