Jump to content
Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

I don't think that's fair or accurate. Do you have a source for that!? If not, it's not helpful.

and do you have one that says otherwise ? fair and accurate went out the window when they started to ignore legit concerns about the game, i have quite a few posts made that go largely ignored by the devs with concerns like this and the cheaters and kick options for public games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to cut my losses and stop playing the PS4 version. It is becoming more and more common for the host to quit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shwag said:

and do you have one that says otherwise ? fair and accurate went out the window when they started to ignore legit concerns about the game, i have quite a few posts made that go largely ignored by the devs with concerns like this and the cheaters and kick options for public games. 

You just made a ridiculous claim, now you want me to prove that your claim isn't true? That's not really how it works, if you're going to make wild claims, it helps if you can back them up. Otherwise you end up coming across like a sausage. 

We're talking about a small team that have had launch issues on a game that a majority agree,  is a fantastic game. These guys have been transparent since day one and on a level that we don't see very often.

But because they haven't responded to every forum post, you spit your dummy out. No money left for servers? Ignoring your 'legit' concerns about the game?

Have you not considered that the legit concerns you've had, have been raised previously by other forum members, or on social media. The bridge exploit for example. I've seen so many tweets, forum posts, threads about this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

You just made a ridiculous claim, now you want me to prove that your claim isn't true? That's not really how it works, if you're going to make wild claims, it helps if you can back them up. Otherwise you end up coming across like a sausage. 

We're talking about a small team that have had launch issues on a game that a majority agree,  is a fantastic game. These guys have been transparent since day one and on a level that we don't see very often.

But because they haven't responded to every forum post, you spit your dummy out. No money left for servers? Ignoring your 'legit' concerns about the game?

Have you not considered that the legit concerns you've had, have been raised previously by other forum members, or on social media. The bridge exploit for example. I've seen so many tweets, forum posts, threads about this one.

It's not about responding to every forum post, it's about not even commenting a single time on a major feature they promised was going to be in the game. Just imagine the shitstorm if a game with a larger community promised some big feature, didn't include it, and then just pretended like nothing was wrong. It's possible to simultaneously think the devs are cool guys and have a passion for what they do, and also think that it's really messed up how they're treating this issue. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aidocs said:

It's not about responding to every forum post, it's about not even commenting a single time on a major feature they promised was going to be in the game. Just imagine the shitstorm if a game with a larger community promised some big feature, didn't include it, and then just pretended like nothing was wrong. It's possible to simultaneously think the devs are cool guys and have a passion for what they do, and also think that it's really messed up how they're treating this issue. 

I absolutely agree.  But what feature did they promise that isn't present?  Or are you referring to the server overload/quick match issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, michael2533 said:

I need to cut my losses and stop playing the PS4 version. It is becoming more and more common for the host to quit. 

 

It is starting to become a bit of an epidemic I noticed. We had a full player session today, and 5 minutes into it the host quit.

Very annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slashin' Passion said:

I absolutely agree.  But what feature did they promise that isn't present?  Or are you referring to the server overload/quick match issues?

Dedicated servers were promised. There's multiple tweets with them talking about it and none of them saying circumstances changed and they had to remove them before release. 

This is just one time they said it. Obviously it's an old tweet, but they never posted since then to tell us the game wouldn't have them on console. They've said it multiple times in other places pre-release, from Twitter to Reddit to these forums. Basically, it was known and agreed on the game was going to have servers.. Then it doesn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aidocs said:

Dedicated servers were promised. There's multiple tweets with them talking about it and none of them saying circumstances changed and they had to remove them before release. 

This is just one time they said it. Obviously it's an old tweet, but they never posted since then to tell us the game wouldn't have them on console. They've said it multiple times in other places pre-release, from Twitter to Reddit to these forums. Basically, it was known and agreed on the game was going to have servers.. Then it doesn't.

I wasn't aware of that.

@GunMedia_Ben are we going to see dedicated servers on console eventually?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This post was meant to get an answer from them about the servers, not to shit on them for what ever reason. I love the game i think it's great but yes it has a LOT of issues that i hope will get sorted out in time or else the game will slowly die on consoles (just like For Honor pretty much died with his P2P servers). As for now the lack of tools to either migrate the host or to have actual dedicated servers is terrible and unacceptable.

This weekend i have been playing private match all night (friday, saturday) with a full group friends (people found from communities) with barely any issues, but when it comes to QP it's a shit show and here all the not so fun things that happend to me during the weekend.

1- you are lucky enough to get the last spot in a full lobby and get to play if the host doesn't leave

2- you get into a lobby where you are the host and the lobby doesn't fill up not matter how long you wait, if you are lucky enough to get people to join the lobby after 10 seconds once they are in when they see there are more than 2 spot open and how fast QP queues are now people leave and requeue leaving you with another spot to fill and so on...

3- you get into an half full lobby and the game launch only to see people leave, with a reason we are less than 5 in the game.

4- the host is from South America and you have 400ms ping you either leave the game of lag and eventually lost connection to host.

5- the host gets killed early, leave the game and boot everyone to the menu, or he gets killed later on and leave anyway and you get kick cause the host left the game

6- people don't get to play as Jason so they leave right when the game start

7- Still not getting any CP as reward when completing the game.

This game need a lot of fix and need them FAST. This game was not ready to launch. The launch date for F13 was announced the day after the announcement of the release date of DbD on consoles, did they try to do a quicker launch to be the first of the genre to release on consoles? Who knows and i'm not here for this.

Like many others I want answers on the lack of dedicated servers for consoles players when we were told we would play on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Slashin' Passion said:

I wasn't aware of that.

@GunMedia_Ben are we going to see dedicated servers on console eventually?  

And this. And i still don't get why they would work on host migration if this... Other than there are no dedicated servers on consoles or they have some pretty major issues with them, or they are lying.

 

may27thconsolesdedicatedservers.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im fed up of playing a game as jason you kill the host he leaves and the game ends, we need host migration in next patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

And this. And i still don't get why they would work on host migration if this... Other than there are no dedicated servers on consoles or they have some pretty major issues with them, or they are lying.

 

may27thconsolesdedicatedservers.png

Pretty sure host migration is more for private games than the long game for quick play. Host migration would be extremely useful for private matches where the host has to leave for whatever reason as right now it sucks that if the host leaves then we have have someone else start a new private room and invite everyone all over again. 

I'm also guessing based on that Twitter post that dedicated servers will be coming. "At the moment" generally means that it will change that's just how it's working at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Pretty sure host migration is more for private games than the long game for quick play. Host migration would be extremely useful for private matches where the host has to leave for whatever reason as right now it sucks that if the host leaves then we have have someone else start a new private room and invite everyone all over again. 

I'm also guessing based on that Twitter post that dedicated servers will be coming. "At the moment" generally means that it will change that's just how it's working at the moment.

Host migration would be completely useless for private match, if you are already in a party with the other players it takes literally 20 seconds to re setup a game and usually the said host of the private game wont randomly leave in the middle of a game if killed or not playing as Jason. I'm not the one who said ALL platforms would be playing on dedicated server at the game release they did and 2 weeks in these servers are still MIA with all sort of contradictions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully when they get everything working that will mean the Dedicated Servers that even Console Players were promised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

Host migration would be completely useless for private match, if you are already in a party with the other players it takes literally 20 seconds to re setup a game and usually the said host of the private game wont randomly leave in the middle of a game if killed or not playing as Jason. I'm not the one who said ALL platforms would be playing on dedicated server at the game release they did and 2 weeks in these servers are still MIA with all sort of contradictions.

I don't think it would be useless in private matches. I find it a quality of life improvement for private matches, because why should everyone just get dropped when the host leaves anyway? I was in one private match and was doing pretty well when the host had to leave and we all just got dropped. Host migration would alleviate that as well. Also as I said I'm pretty sure dedicated servers will be coming to consoles which would make it useless in quick play. You're obviously too annoyed by the situation to think beyond you so I won't have anything more to say to you. Go ahead and cry more. Maybe that'll light a fire under their asses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DEATH said:

I don't think it would be useless in private matches. I find it a quality of life improvement for private matches, because why should everyone just get dropped when the host leaves anyway? I was in one private match and was doing pretty well when the host had to leave and we all just got dropped. Host migration would alleviate that as well. Also as I said I'm pretty sure dedicated servers will be coming to consoles which would make it useless in quick play. You're obviously too annoyed by the situation to think beyond you so I won't have anything more to say to you. Go ahead and cry more. Maybe that'll light a fire under their asses.

I think you are too much of a fanboy to even recognize/understand the issue LOL.

Didn't you read the part i said i played all friday night and saturday night in Private match with friends found fom PSN communities without barely any issue? I'm pretty sure that if they introduce host migration they will do it for both QP and Private, but like i stated on PSN you are in a VOIP with the 7 other players, when the host drop 99% of the time he tells everyone before quitting and doesn't quit in the middle of the game randomly and it takes litterally 20 seconds to re-setup giving everybody a piss/beer break, where in QP host leave 60% of the time when killed early or not Jason so just take 2 little seconds who would need that host migration the most? QP or Private match if you could fix only one of the 2 at the time being?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised anyone playing a jason game wouldn't know who the final girl was, unless maybe you were not born when the movie came out or conceived to it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, bcbuddy said:

I had to create an account for this exact post. On a side note, what brilliant mind came up with the questions to create a forum account here? "Who played Jason in the Game", "Who is the final girl" WTF? I have never had to do research to create an account lol. Anyways, back on topic...

I have been checking pretty much daily for any information on dedicated servers on console. I have seen countless facebook posts and tweets from others asking about it, and those posts get ignored. However, any post that contains the words "Host Migration" get a response. You shouldn't advertise that quickplay will be on dedicated servers, then say you are working on "host migration".

Did anybody see the heat that Ubisoft got for making For Honor P2P? Ubisoft got ripped a new one by the community and reviewers for P2P.

Anyways, I found this post through your reddit post which is catching some attention right now on the f13 sub.

 

 

 

I actually posted a thread earlier about how difficult it is to sign up for this forum. Seriously, having to do five to ten minutes of research just to sign up is absolutely ridiculous and something that I've never ever seen before for any site. The captcha should be enough.

And then after you jump through all those hoops, the site isn't even secure! There's no https! Every time I come here, Chrome screams at me and tells me my password will probably be stolen. It makes me click that I understand that the site is insecure before it'll even show me the page.

If Gun doesn't even know how to correctly design a simple website, it makes me unsure that they know how to fix their actual game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I dropped the game completely because of this and won't play it again until they fix it. I'm tired of being kicked in the middle of a round nearly every time I play.

I don't have any real hope that they're going to have this fixed anytime soon and -- to add insult to injury -- I would bet that when they DO fix it, the clothing DLC still won't be working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to bump this.

just tweeted to the friday the 13th support twitter. Was told there is no news on dedicated servers for consoles.

but they are going to a better server system. Probably just means P2P with host migration.

So idk if they ever promised dedicated servers on consoles. But they have no plans to put them here at least at this point in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Just wanted to bump this.

just tweeted to the friday the 13th support twitter. Was told there is no news on dedicated servers for consoles.

but they are going to a better server system. Probably just means P2P with host migration.

So idk if they ever promised dedicated servers on consoles. But they have no plans to put them here at least at this point in time.

Yup they did sold the game saying that all platforms would have dedicated servers for quick play and private games were player hosted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

Yup they did sold the game saying that all platforms would have dedicated servers for quick play and private games were player hosted.

I was fine with private matches because of launch issues. But if we don't get dedicated servers at all i'm probably going to stop playing. I can't deal with the lag, it's one of the main reasons I quit For Honor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

Yup they did sold the game saying that all platforms would have dedicated servers for quick play and private games were player hosted.

Well just passing the info along.

this is what was told to me on twitter today.

IMG_0630.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Well just passing the info along.

this is what was told to me on twitter today.

IMG_0630.PNG

Are you fuckin serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Are you fuckin serious?

Yeah I was in pretty big disbelief as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×