IH8YH

Motion Capture is a GO!

Why wouldn't he? He's the man who experienced what it was to be Jason more than any other.

Just saying it seems like he's going all-out for the game with his Jason performance.

Man, anyone hoping that they use all the mocap for that "botched" decapitation from yesterday? When Kane shouted out, "Jesus!" after the first few swings weren't enough, I got excited about a potential "sloppy kill" animation that could randomly occur, instead of a clean chop, like the crew was going for.

CZX4jsPUYAESLRI.jpg

LOL @ Dojun

Ah, good ol' Kane, he hasn't changed at all. He still looks freaking terrifying without the mask.

Where are these posted ? I hope they share them in an update.

Social media. Videos were done in periscope and will be uploaded to YouTube in the near future.

Social media. Videos were done in periscope and will be uploaded to YouTube in the near future.

The thing about the shared links u only have a 24 hour period to watch as periscope removes videos after that. Good thing randy is posting them to youtube so others that missed the streams can watch.

• Like 1

The thing about the shared links u only have a 24 hour period to watch as periscope removes videos after that. Good thing randy is posting them to youtube so others that missed the streams can watch.

Yea that is a drag, and yes it is! It is all about transparency!

Only 4 days of mocap?

There's a day 5, but the Periscope link has unfortunately expired. Randy will put them on YouTube though.

Only 4 days of mocap?

There was 5 days they filmed all week and apparently they were 12 hour days so thats actually a lot of mocap done

I'm also missing these sessions already!

And that head will be coming off in the game, no doubt ;)

Hey campers! Yeah we're finally back in the office, sorting through the awesome periscope footage. Another treat that you might not be aware of...we had 4 HD cameras setup in the studio that capture every angle. :) We have so many gigabytes of data...all the gigs. So we need to sort through those too. We will be putting all of this stuff up on our youtube page as we get them edited. The periscope stuff will go up first. It will take some time to sort through the HD footage. There are also some great pics that we're going to share too. Randy also had a handheld HD camera for some up-close shots of Kane being..well..Kane.

But it was a great week. Long, but very rewarding. We got up at 6am and was in the studio by 7:30am every morning. We began ROM's (range of motion) for each actor at 8:30, while going over the shot list for the day. Once the ROM's were loaded into the scene, we promptly started at capturing at 9am. We took an hour lunch at 1 and then the actors were done at 6pm sharp. Dojun, Randy and myself stuck around double-checking our shot list to make sure we got what we needed each day. Then we returned to our hotels, grabbed a shower, then went out for dinner to continue discussing what we had captured that day. 

The entire experience was amazing. Digital Domain are seriously top-notch. Loved working with them. They are super talented and great problem solvers. Their prop builders are crazy good. We would just say something like "We need a boat" or "I need a door that Kane can destroy" and they would jump to their feet. Armed with wood, screws and drills... a few minutes later we have a boat/door. Pretty remarkable. I can't say enough good things about those guys. Their entire team were pros through-and-through. 

We did get a bit of bad news..Kane texted me today, with a picture of his arm. He tore his tricep pretty badly. His entire left arm is purple and blue from his tricep up around his bicep. His text read: "Torn tricep..who says mocap isn't dangerous. lol" He's such an awesome guy to work with. He really loves being Jason and you can see that come through. And he's humble as well. He stopped during the shoot several times just to thank us for putting him back in the role he was meant to play. He said "There are three pivotal moments in my professional career; the first was being cast as Jason in the films. The second was Hatchet...this game is the third, and I'm dead serious." And trust me, the look in his eye when he said it...he meant it. 

-W

• Like 7

Wes, I hope Kane gets well soon and I said this during the periscope but would like to say it here. Thanks again for the transparency and all the hard work everyone is doing.

• Like 3

Wes, I hope Kane gets well soon and I said this during the periscope but would like to say it here. Thanks again for the transparency and all the hard work everyone is doing.

Absolutely! Yeah, there's no reason to keep all of this stuff behind a locked door. I just wish the rest of the industry did this. If the gaming industry was more transparent, it would educate gamers so they can better understand the entertainment that they love. When you start to understand just how much goes into making a game, there starts to be a different type of appreciation. People stop feeling entitled and start feeling empowered. Sure there are some things that are "sensitive" that you might want to hold on to, for PR later...but you guys put money into this. You believed in our vision. So you're on the same journey that we are, and we want you right by our sides. Every single step. 

• Like 4

Wes you and the Gun Team and everyone who was involved , a big thank you from me and mine . I really enjoyed this and seeing Kane was just awesome . Really I am so happy to help out with this project and I believe in all you guys . This game is going to be everything a horror fan always wanted . At least everything I always wanted . 

• Like 1

Hey campers! Yeah we're finally back in the office, sorting through the awesome periscope footage. Another treat that you might not be aware of...we had 4 HD cameras setup in the studio that capture every angle. :) We have so many gigabytes of data...all the gigs. So we need to sort through those too. We will be putting all of this stuff up on our youtube page as we get them edited. The periscope stuff will go up first. It will take some time to sort through the HD footage. There are also some great pics that we're going to share too. Randy also had a handheld HD camera for some up-close shots of Kane being..well..Kane.

But it was a great week. Long, but very rewarding. We got up at 6am and was in the studio by 7:30am every morning. We began ROM's (range of motion) for each actor at 8:30, while going over the shot list for the day. Once the ROM's were loaded into the scene, we promptly started at capturing at 9am. We took an hour lunch at 1 and then the actors were done at 6pm sharp. Dojun, Randy and myself stuck around double-checking our shot list to make sure we got what we needed each day. Then we returned to our hotels, grabbed a shower, then went out for dinner to continue discussing what we had captured that day. 

The entire experience was amazing. Digital Domain are seriously top-notch. Loved working with them. They are super talented and great problem solvers. Their prop builders are crazy good. We would just say something like "We need a boat" or "I need a door that Kane can destroy" and they would jump to their feet. Armed with wood, screws and drills... a few minutes later we have a boat/door. Pretty remarkable. I can't say enough good things about those guys. Their entire team were pros through-and-through. 

We did get a bit of bad news..Kane texted me today, with a picture of his arm. He tore his tricep pretty badly. His entire left arm is purple and blue from his tricep up around his bicep. His text read: "Torn tricep..who says mocap isn't dangerous. lol" He's such an awesome guy to work with. He really loves being Jason and you can see that come through. And he's humble as well. He stopped during the shoot several times just to thank us for putting him back in the role he was meant to play. He said "There are three pivotal moments in my professional career; the first was being cast as Jason in the films. The second was Hatchet...this game is the third, and I'm dead serious." And trust me, the look in his eye when he said it...he meant it. 

-W

Thanks for the update, Wes! And we got a chance to see DD building some of those props. They went right down to it and had it built in a snap!

That sucks about Kane's injury. Hopefully it's not completely torn. That can be a bad one.

It was really interesting and often entertaining to watch. Definitely looking forward to seeing the Youtube footage and images to come.

Get well soon Kane's arm! Hell of a marketing angle, too - "Mo-cap SO hardcore it tore Jason's tricep!" :P

We have so many gigabytes of data...all the gigs.

x-all-the-things-template.png

• Like 2

Yes I caught day 1 live but the rest I saw later on periscope! Again thanks it really brought us into the studio and felt like we were there with you guys!

• Like 1

Kick Ass ! Looking forward to the posting of these at a later date. I'm glad Kane is so passionate about Jason and his part in the making of this game. These posts just make me that much more excited for what is to come. Hope Kane gets better !

• Like 1

Couldnt have said it better myself. Thank you guys so much!!! and our thoughts and thanks to kane for utting every bit of himself in the role as he always has and we pray for a quick recovery!!!