I believe he should have a delay as well. Not long mind you, but enough time for certain characters for example Jenny to be able to break free from his grasp. And for people to save teammates. However the less composure a character has, and the more fear/how damaged they are should allow for Jason to perform his grab kills quicker.

At least that is how I would fix it. Some characters are fast and are super difficult to catch like Vanessa, but her composure is low, she should die if she is grabbed even at full health. But a character like Jenny she has a 10 out 10 in composure and the description literally reads, that composure makes it easier to escape. Yet she can't do anything when he grabs her but get insta-killed. She and other high composure characters, should have to be damaged first, or have enough fear for the kill animation to be guaranteed.

And before anyone says you deserve to die if Jason grabs you, I've been re-watching the Friday the 13th movies. He is pretty clumsy almost comically so at times, he doesn't insta kill everyone, and people get away from him at times. I'm not saying make it impossible for him to kill people, and he should be menacing. But make the composure stat matter more, and give friends a chance to save a teammate. I've literally swung at Jason the moment he grabbed a friend, and they've still died. This should be fixed.

This whole topic is ridiculous, especially the replies #2-6. They're all made from new accounts, have few minutes delay between them, all express the same opinion, this is suspicious. 

I think the timer before grab-kill is possibly the best and most simple way to balance Jason, but I think the time you wait before a kill should vary based on the "Grip Strength" of the Jason. Low grip strength Jasons should have to wait 4 seconds after the counselor is able to struggle before being able to kill (grab or context), medium grip strength should wait 3 seconds and high should be 2 seconds. Side note,  pocket knives should only be used after the 2-4 second timer is up.

This would make it so counselors would have to be (at least) a little bit scared before you could successfully grab-kill them and unlucky spawns won't be so unforgiving. Not to mention,

1. grip strength will actually have a purpose besides the Jason wanting to get a cool kill or get out of a corner he can't perform a kill in. 
  2. Breaking free will actually be utilized if the counselor has no or very little fear. 
  3. Jason using combat stance and swinging his weapon would be utilized more because injuring counselors increases their fear, hence making it harder to escape his grasp. 
  4. the infamously bad part 7 Jason would be used more considering his high grip strength.

As for anyone thinking I'm a "n00b" and should "git gud", I'm a level 47 and have had games against really competitive Jasons/counselors (and won, mind you), plus this would only affect the very beginning of the game, as any Jason destroys generators and chases/damages counselors to increase fear and would then be able to grab-kill no problem anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 3:29 AM, Fatalfox said:

As it stands right now Jason's grab kills give the player no incentive to use environmental kills due to its short activation time. It can be triggered almost instantly after grabbing even before a counselor who is next to Jason and constantly swinging their weapon can even react before his killing animation begins. I think it would greatly balance the kill if it just added a short 3-5 second timer to it before it was allowed to be used in order to prevent the instant grab death. 

I'd say 1.5 - 2 seconds.  3-5 is way too long.  I've had people consistently get out of my grips at around 4 seconds.

I was using the Jason with weak grip strength.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArlanKels said:

I'd say 1.5 - 2 seconds.  3-5 is way too long.  I've had people consistently get out of my grips at around 4 seconds.

I was using the Jason with weak grip strength.

Fair enough. Just any type of delay would be nice.

Mods are closing duplicate threads about this, please do a search of the forum before making new ones.

^ He's right you know. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread. This topic has been heavily discussed prior.