Sign in to follow this  
IH8YH

Behind The Mask: The rise of Leslie Vernon

just rewatched this after ages and man its so fucking brilliant!

behind_the_mask.jpg

the way it explains the whole Final Girl-phenomenon, his preparations and the ultimate twist.

too bad it never got a sequal or started a franchise.

thought about posting a trailer too but all i could find are giving away too much i think.

• Like 2

I don't remember if I watched this one or not. It's a slasher movie for the fans and by the fans right?

I remember seeing this about... 2008, or something. While Robert Englund was in it, I believe there was a Kane Hodder cameo and he was in the house from A Nightmare on Elm Street? I could be wrong.

This film is a great slasher mockumentary and more of a comedy than it is horror. It has it's tense moments towards the ending but overall it spends most of it's time taking the audiences through the trials and tribulations of what it takes to be a great slasher. I really enjoyed the characters and the progression of the story. For a relatively low-budget affair it is executed extremely well. If you have not seen this film before, or even didn't like it a long time ago, II recommend giving this film a closer look. 

• Like 2

I really love how it switched context so flawlessly. I've never seen a movie be effectively meta humor and then be legitimately tense/scary.

• Like 2

I watched this once and didn't really get into it. Had it not been a mockumentary style and straight horror. I may have liked it.

One of my absolute favourite slasher movies of all time. Leslie Vernon and Doc Halloran have way too much potential to only appear once. It's almost criminal* that there hasn't been a sequel.

*This is hyperbole. Non-sequelization is not currently a criminal offence, although the upcoming Saw-Minions Act may change that...

• Like 1