There is a point we all get to where we find things unacceptable. I'm at that point now.

Bugs, glitches, server issues- they happen. I accept that. But:

• Thousands of people locked out of the game since launch
  • DLC codes don't work
  • Major connection issues
  • Most people playing are using a workaround to play the game
  • Many folks didn't even recieve their download codes
  • The regular bugs and glitches
  • And so on...

I'm at the point where this is unacceptable. This isn't the worst video game launch ever but we're approaching the top ten.

We need real fixes. Real solutions.

To the folks who have been playing- it sounds great, the rest of us can't wait to join you.

• Like 10

Day One backer here.

Still waiting for my first game.

Hanging in there.

OK! Just got into a blank lobby by meself.

i hope the game throws people into it. It should, right?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

There is a point we all get to where we find things unacceptable. I'm at that point now.

Bugs, glitches, server issues- they happen. I accept that. But:

• Thousands of people locked out of the game since launch
  • DLC codes don't work
  • Major connection issues
  • Most people playing are using a workaround to play the game
  • Many folks didn't even recieve their download codes
  • The regular bugs and glitches
  • And so on...

I'm at the point where this is unacceptable. This isn't the worst video game launch ever but we're approaching the top ten.

We need real fixes. Real solutions.

To the folks who have been playing- it sounds great, the rest of us can't wait to join you.

I hate the workaround solution and that so many people(backers especially) haven't been able to play. 

Today was a lot worse than yesterday with connection issues and bugs. There is a bug now with my game where the perks reset after every match and when I save them, "Saving profile data" is permanently on my screen. If I am still putting the perks on when a match starts, the screen goes dark. Great game overall, not a great launch.

16 minutes ago, Skynyrd said:

I've played it quite a bit, but today has been nothing but problems.

No such luck here. :(

5 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I hate the workaround solution and that so many people(backers especially) haven't been able to play. 

Today was a lot worse than yesterday with connection issues and bugs. There is a bug now with my game where the perks reset after every match and when I save them, "Saving profile data" is permanently on my screen. If I am still putting the perks on when a match starts, the screen goes dark. Great game overall, not a great launch.

Everything I hear about the actual game sounds great. I'm excited to play. I'd love to just be told by them it won't be fixed for another 24 hours or whatever so I can stop trying to get in.

3 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

There will be a great karma reward for all of is who stick through this.

Waited 28 years. This is nothing.

Karma's a fun concept but I don't believe in it. ;)

Problem is, I'm sure they'd love to give ya an eta. They ain't got one cause there ain't no magic wand. They'll get it sorted eventually, they always due. Launch weeks are always rough

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smartz1 said:

Problem is, I'm sure they'd love to give ya an eta. They ain't got one cause there ain't no magic wand. They'll get it sorted eventually, they always due. Launch weeks are always rough

I keep hearing launch day is tough... you're the first to mention "week". Fuck, I hope not. :mellow:

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I keep hearing launch day is tough... you're the first to mention "week". Fuck, I hope not. :mellow:

Being one of the people actually playing it, albeit with the workaround that I will have to make up for when it's fixed...there are a lot of patches in the future to get this into shape. 

Just now, Ban_All_Music said:

Being one of the people actually playing it, albeit with the workaround that I will have to make up for when it's fixed...there are a lot of patches in the future to get this into shape. 

I was thinking about that. We should be talking about little bugs and glitches right now but the current issues are huge and that stuff is likely on the back burner.

Ive been in games non stop, no problem with connection or anything, but quite a few of my friends have a LOT of problems. One of them gets the error and cant even start the game, one gets no XP because it shows him as level 0 constantly, and one gets both.

Ive been fairly blessed by comparison, I'm at level 24 and have been having a LOT of fun. Was involved in killing Jason once... but he was messing around. This game is INCREDIBLY FUN... when it works.

I'm lucky enough to have played but I feel your pain. It is quite buggy, but I did expect as much. A few more patches should hopefully fix this and you guys will get to actually play!

3 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Ive been in games non stop, no problem with connection or anything, but quite a few of my friends have a LOT of problems. One of them gets the error and cant even start the game, one gets no XP because it shows him as level 0 constantly, and one gets both.

Ive been fairly blessed by comparison, I'm at level 24 and have been having a LOT of fun. Was involved in killing Jason once... but he was messing around. This game is INCREDIBLY FUN... when it works.

Nice. It seems really sporadic- who can get in and who can't.

cant wait till all the bugs are worked out and single player is added with extra maps.around halloween time this game will sell like hot cakes with single player and really cool creepy extra maps dlc.i was on a dead by daylight facebook group and they said when dead by daylight first released it was terriable glitches all kinds of hang ups.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REDDOG said:

cant wait till all the bugs are worked out and single player is added with extra maps.around halloween time this game will sell like hot cakes with single player and really cool creepy extra maps dlc.i was on a dead by daylight facebook group and they said when dead by daylight first released it was terriable glitches all kinds of hang ups.

You're on PS4, right? Any luck getting into games?

yes ive had to wait alot more it seems like at night. but ive must have played 7 games since yesterday.

• Like 1

I have been playing on PS4 and am loving the game, but every time I try to customize Jason, I get locked into "Saving Profile" loop that I have to quit the game to get out of. It is quite annoying,,, 

34 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yeah bro, I've seen launch issues stretch into weeks. That's usually worst case scenario tho. They are usually ironed out in the first few days after launch. The last really epic one I was a part of was WoD in WoW. A lot of people were experiencing 4 and 5 hour queues a week in. It was bad enough that I left it on the shelf for about a month before I bothered. Cause after a week I had a 5 hr queue every time I tried to log in. Much different game, server pop, etc tho. 

Anymore, I always assume shit will be fucked for the first 3-7 days of the launch of a multi-player. Just a pattern and not sure anything can really be done about it as their is really no other way to fully test servers and make sure they are up to snuff. Any stress test is only gonna allow a portion of the community in. So what they think they need by projecting is invariably wrong.

19 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I was thinking about that. We should be talking about little bugs and glitches right now but the current issues are huge and that stuff is likely on the back burner.

Well, I am not joining the "dead on arrival" crew...but the bugs/glitches that are here are the exact same ones in the beta. It's really bizarre that they are still here. And it does make me wonder...again, in a not "dead on arrival" way...what were they polishing over the past six months? 

this is one of those cases where the developer really owes streamers a HUGE FN THANK YOU. 

If not for them, there would be many more Steam users hitting that refund button. Thanks to watching the streamers though, I can see for myself that this really looks like an awesome game with tons of jump scares and tho limited maps now, tons of randomization for those few maps and likely VERY easy and very likely for them to add in more maps and more scenarios as *hopefully* free DLC mostly.

but ya. streamers have saved them a lot of refunds.

8 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Well, I am not joining the "dead on arrival" crew...but the bugs/glitches that are here are the exact same ones in the beta. It's really bizarre that they are still here. And it does make me wonder...again, in a not "dead on arrival" way...what were they polishing over the past six months? 

There are a multitude of factors that can make a gltich occur. They may have patched up certain thinks but there may be other ways to make that same glitch occur that they did not know to fix. Think of all the combinations of items you can have on you, being walking jogging or sprinting, maybe someone hits you with something or you're climbing through a window when someone shoots a flare at you. They'll knock them down as they find them but it's not quite as simple as just hitting delete on bad lines of code or something.

20 minutes ago, Smartz1 said:

Yeah bro, I've seen launch issues stretch into weeks. That's usually worst case scenario tho. They are usually ironed out in the first few days after launch. The last really epic one I was a part of was WoD in WoW. A lot of people were experiencing 4 and 5 hour queues a week in. It was bad enough that I left it on the shelf for about a month before I bothered. Cause after a week I had a 5 hr queue every time I tried to log in. Much different game, server pop, etc tho. 

Anymore, I always assume shit will be fucked for the first 3-7 days of the launch of a multi-player. Just a pattern and not sure anything can really be done about it as their is really no other way to fully test servers and make sure they are up to snuff. Any stress test is only gonna allow a portion of the community in. So what they think they need by projecting is invariably wrong.

This is my first experience with a purely multiplayer game on Day 1. That said I haven't ever bought a game before that didn't work unless we're talking about discs being scratched, etc. I've seen some folks say GTA had major issues but you could always just play the single player while it was being fixed. Wish we had something like that but single player is a long ways away. I'm trying to take it in stride as it is a completely new experience. It's definitely frustrating/defeating.

17 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I was surprised to hear so many of the more well known beta bugs remained. I have no idea what was being polished to be honest, outside of character models and additions like new music.

17 minutes ago, bocchiere said:

There are a multitude of factors that can make a gltich occur. They may have patched up certain thinks but there may be other ways to make that same glitch occur that they did not know to fix. Think of all the combinations of items you can have on you, being walking jogging or sprinting, maybe someone hits you with something or you're climbing through a window when someone shoots a flare at you. They'll knock them down as they find them but it's not quite as simple as just hitting delete on bad lines of code or something.

At the same time, they have been playtesting it with a few people not involved in development for months. Someone had to see it. Maybe they didn't say anything to stay in good graces, but someone had to have seen these glitches.

• Like 1

Ive been playing this game nonstop for 28 hours and counting... right now the only bug im encountering that is actually beginning to irritate me is the CP and level showing zero until like 3 seconds before the match starts.

I cant change my damn part 7 to part 8.

Cant roll new perks @_@

6 minutes ago, LordxSesshomaru said:

Ive been playing this game nonstop for 28 hours and counting... right now the only bug im encountering that is actually beginning to irritate me is the CP and level showing zero until like 3 seconds before the match starts.

I cant change my damn part 7 to part 8.

Cant roll new perks @_@

I would happily take this problem.