Sign in to follow this  
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Male Counselor Sweater Stun Alternative, Killing Jason

Only female counselors can wear Pamela's sweater to stun Jason to make him vulnerable to death. Males need a method as well, otherwise I don't see a benefit in playing a male. Here's my idea:

Just like in Part 4 with young Tommy, male counselors can find a shaving kit(a bag with razors, trimmers and whatnot). There is only one and would always spawn at a single or two-room cabin with no bathroom, or somewhere else far from a cabin such as the boat dock at Camp Crystal lake, or even one of those camp sites. Just like with Pamela's sweater, it does not take an inventory slot, instead this is a waist pack(aka a "fannie pack") that is worn on the waist. The men would then find a bathroom at a cabin with working electricity. At the sink in the bathroom they shave almost all of their head to look like Jason. Then when Jason gets near they press Q to say "Jason! Remember, Jason. Jason, don't you remember?" Just like Tommy in part 4. Jason is then vulnerable just like with females and Pamela's sweater.

Gender equality. Fair is fair. Make it so.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

We currently need to do like 7 things in a specific order to kill Jason. That's not going to happen unless Jason helps you do it. It needs fewer steps. Doesn't need to be easier, just less complicated. 

I'm unclear as to how making it less complicated doesn't make it easier.

Every character needs to be able to make Jason vulnerable and kill Jason. If only females can wear the sweater, and the sweater is the only thing that can make Jason vulnerable to death, then playing a male is pointless because if all females die in a match then just let Jason kill you because that's just bad game design.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Only female counselors can wear Pamela's sweater to stun Jason to make him vulnerable to death. Males need a method as well, otherwise I don't see a benefit in playing a male. Here's my idea:

Just like in Part 4 with young Tommy, male counselors can find a shaving kit(a bag with razors, trimmers and whatnot). There is only one and would always spawn at a single or two-room cabin with no bathroom, or somewhere else far from a cabin such as the boat dock at Camp Crystal lake, or even one of those camp sites. Just like with Pamela's sweater, it does not take an inventory slot, instead this is a waist pack(aka a "fannie pack") that is worn on the waist. The men would then find a bathroom at a cabin with working electricity. At the sink in the bathroom they shave almost all of their head to look like Jason. Then when Jason gets near they press Q to say "Jason! Remember, Jason. Jason, don't you remember?" Just like Tommy in part 4. Jason is then vulnerable just like with females and Pamela's sweater.

Gender equality. Fair is fair. Make it so.

Like please no..Just no.. Don't be a snowflake 

In other asymmetrical vs games every player has the ability to kill the "bad guys." Concessions on lore must be made for the sake of good game design. What if in Left 4 Dead only Zoe could kill a Tank? Once she's dead just walk away and let the tank kill you. There'd be no point in continuing after that. 

You miss the point. They made it difficult to kill Jason by design to encourage players to escape. This isn't a "here's a gun, go kill that thing" game like Left 4 Dead, this is a "there's a big masked killer stalking you, get away from him" game. You're not supposed to try to kill Jason; you're supposed to try to survive, and escaping is the easiest way to do that.

• Like 2

Well, maybe not shaving head. Perhaps just a baldcap, though why one would be on the map is beyond me. 

Maybe some memento of Jasons early childhood, like a sash or hat. Some maps its that item, sometimes its the sweater, that way it encourage both sexes being played because you dont know which one will spawn. 

The current implementation is thematic and difficult. A male character already takes part in his demise. I don't see any reason to change it. 

13 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Only female counselors can wear Pamela's sweater to stun Jason to make him vulnerable to death. Males need a method as well, otherwise I don't see a benefit in playing a male.

Killing Jason isn't supposed to be the norm. You're only supposed to attempt it with a prearranged party or when the stars just happened to be aligned in a PUG. It would ruin the game if this became the norm.