So I've been playing this game with my friends for hours and the system for picking jason is completely broken. My friend was jason every other match and we have been playing for about 3 hours now. He has his preference as jason and so do I, so I don't know why the game keeps picking him. So here is a new system you could possibly make. 

When a player plays a match, they gain a "tick". The player with the highest amount of ticks will be jason. Once a player is jason, their ticks reset back to 1. This system simply increases your chances the next match to be jason. You can opt out of the system by prefering to be a counselor. This system should make sure everyone gets a turn as jason. If you have an idea for a system or would modify this one, please comment it because I think the system for jason is completely broken.

Another thing I would like to say is when some people are jason, they just the R2 button (PS4) and never grab. This is extremely annoying because when you get hit you get stunned for a second meaning he can keep spamming. Please add a delay for the normal attack. Thanks for reading

• Like 1

Jason actually has to unstuck his weapon for a moment when he hits a wall, which means you can try to escape him that way. Other than that, I think the delay should not be there by default, but only when Jason's attack is blocked, Firstly, this encourages blocking and secondly, you get a chance to fight back if you try to.

2 hours ago, Gunthaa said:

Jason actually has to unstuck his weapon for a moment when he hits a wall, which means you can try to escape him that way. Other than that, I think the delay should not be there by default, but only when Jason's attack is blocked, Firstly, this encourages blocking and secondly, you get a chance to fight back if you try to.

Most jasons that I have seen almost never hit the wall. The combat system in the game is broken because jason can simply walk away when the counselor attacks and then grab.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 6:12 PM, AstroPepper said:

Most jasons that I have seen almost never hit the wall. The combat system in the game is broken because jason can simply walk away when the counselor attacks and then grab.

As a counselor you can block Jason's attack for reduced damage. I also started a thread suggesting that you should be able to block Jason's grab which would help greatly.

4 minutes ago, GooberxX09 said:

As a counselor you can block Jason's attack for reduced damage. I also started a thread suggesting that you should be able to block Jason's grab which would help greatly.

But what from i've seen, no one actually goes in combat stance to fight jason. They just swing blindly. 

Here's my idea to fix combat for Jason:

Outside of Combat Stance, Jason's swings have a longer delay between them. The "Delta" as they call it. His swing speed is the same but his "rate of fire" is reduced. Not even by a whole lot, say 8-15% longer.

Inside of Combat Stance, the system is as Combat Stance is right now.

And counselors MUST be able to block Jason's grabs with their combat stance blocks.

• Like 1

So now people want Jason to have a delay in his normal, primary attack? FFS, seriously? To the Dev's, if you decide to make changes like this to Jason, please keep it confined to PlayStation.

In 7 hours, I have never been able to play Jason, only counselor and it is already waaay too easy to escape. It's funny that these people forget counselors have 6 ways to win, Jason has ONE. You can literally escape in less than a minute. THAT is something that needs to be addressed. Parts and keys need to be stopped from spawning near the boat and car. Have a minimum radius for them to be able to spawn.

• Like 1

Out of all the games that I have played I have almost never seen someone playing Jason do attack spam kill people die by grab instant kill almost every time, I do not think Jasons melee attacks need to be changed at all but counselors melee attacks yes and the means to escape from Jasons grab yes.

12 hours ago, KPops said:

So now people want Jason to have a delay in his normal, primary attack? FFS, seriously? To the Dev's, if you decide to make changes like this to Jason, please keep it confined to PlayStation.

In 7 hours, I have never been able to play Jason, only counselor and it is already waaay too easy to escape. It's funny that these people forget counselors have 6 ways to win, Jason has ONE. You can literally escape in less than a minute. THAT is something that needs to be addressed. Parts and keys need to be stopped from spawning near the boat and car. Have a minimum radius for them to be able to spawn.

Delaying his primary attack would be great. Some jasons i've ran into just spam their primary attack because if the counselor has a pocket knife the jason won't have to worry about that and they are still getting around the same amount of exp.

14 hours ago, KPops said:

Yes, how dare people suggest changes that may improve the game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KPops said:

You manage to escape all the time? 

Well, you're just lucky in that case. I, personally, almost never manage to set up a single method of escaping without Jason detecting me - and with hiding being as useless as it is right now, you're dead once he finds you. Even if you manage to miraculously outrun or outfight him, you won't have the time to fix a whole car (Yeah, I'm playing Brandon. But he'd even stop you with average repair stats.) while not getting slain. 

I found it impossible to stay out of Jason's view for a whole game even if you're not fixing anything. Hence, as you are unable to not confront Jason, you should have the means to at least not die at once when it's your turn to be  killed in order to buy the remaining survivors some time.

15 hours ago, KPops said:

You can literally escape in less than a minute. THAT is something that needs to be addressed. Parts and keys need to be stopped from spawning near the boat and car. Have a minimum radius for them to be able to spawn.

I agree that the OP's change suggestion isn't good for the game, but when I read you saying "literally escape in less than a minute...", surely you're using hyperbole/exaggeration...right?  I mean, you said "literally" but I literally do not think it's possible =)

That sidetrack though...

But I agree, there should be some kind of system to increase your odds. If these "ticks" are right I don't know, but something would be nice. I'm tired of playing multiple hours of only counselor

Nothing wrong with swinging with r2 sometimes. I have my girlfriend shouting at me to stop fucking around grabbing people and just kill them. I start to listen to her after getting stabbed in the neck 4 times in a row.I do prefer to rip someone's jaw off though. 

2 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Nothing wrong with swinging with r2 sometimes. I have my girlfriend shouting at me to stop fucking around grabbing people and just kill them. I start to listen to her after getting stabbed in the neck 4 times in a row.I do prefer to rip someone's jaw off though. 

People will spam it purposely to kill you everytime. This is unfair because this makes the pocket knife almost useless.

2 hours ago, Forrest said:

That sidetrack though...

But I agree, there should be some kind of system to increase your odds. If these "ticks" are right I don't know, but something would be nice. I'm tired of playing multiple hours of only counselor

By ticks I mean kind of like points. For example, if you have 5 ticks, that means you've played 4 matches without being jason since you start at one. If that same person had the highest ticks in the lobby, they would be jason.

19 hours ago, KPops said:

Honestly, outside the matchmaking stuff, this game is perfect as is.

Yes, sometimes you get really lucky as a counselor and escape quickly.  On the other hand, sometimes you get really unlucky and spawn near the car or phone box where Jason morphs to first and can't escape him.

And most of the time, it's somewhere inbetween where if you play smart and careful you have a decent shot at surviving.

Jason is appropriately OP right now.

• Like 1

@AstroPepper be mindful not to double post. If you would like to add onto something please use the edit button.

I've said this a lot already but I'm going to keep saying it. In regards to combat and how it works Jason is fine. Maybe add some more recovery frames after a missed grab or more recovery frames after a missed or blocked attack but that would be as far as I go. Combat needs to work a little differently however on the counselor side. Swinging a weapon or holding block  should drain stamina  and strength should affect stamina cost for swinging and holding block. You should also be able to block Jason's grab and add more recovery frames to a blocked grab. They also need to add some invincibility frames for dodging because you can be grabbed out of your dodge animation. the only other thing that I would change is have strength affect attack speed. Everything else in regards to the insta grab insta kill I think it's fine.

4 hours ago, AstroPepper said:

People will spam it purposely to kill you everytime. This is unfair because this makes the pocket knife almost useless.

By ticks I mean kind of like points. For example, if you have 5 ticks, that means you've played 4 matches without being jason since you start at one. If that same person had the highest ticks in the lobby, they would be jason.

Who gives a shit if the knife is useless? I had a sleeping bag perk that is useless. Walkie talkies are also useless to me as I have everyone muted and prefer to work out whats going on by looking at the map.

22 hours ago, AstroPepper said:

Delaying his primary attack would be great. Some jasons i've ran into just spam their primary attack because if the counselor has a pocket knife the jason won't have to worry about that and they are still getting around the same amount of exp.

All I hear is Waaah, That's all, nothing else.

18 hours ago, munkt0r said:

I agree that the OP's change suggestion isn't good for the game, but when I read you saying "literally escape in less than a minute...", surely you're using hyperbole/exaggeration...right?  I mean, you said "literally" but I literally do not think it's possible =)

It is possible when the items you need for the boat spawn right by the boat/car. It has been done many times. I have done it once in the boat and once in the car and seen it done multiple times. Not hyperbole.

2 minutes ago, KPops said:

All I hear is Waaah, That's all, nothing else.

You have a problem with me stating a suggestion? Get off my thread.

19 hours ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Yes, how dare people suggest changes that may improve the game.

That's not an improvement. Wanting to limit Jasons ability to be able to attack is certainly NO improvement. Get real. That is the most ridiculous request I have heard yet and there are plenty. Go back to DBD, this IS NOT and NEVER should be that sad dying game and no this game should not change to suit the migrators.

9 hours ago, AstroPepper said:

You have a problem with me stating a suggestion? Get off my thread.

Not your thread and you can suggest all you want, just as I can reply as I please. Again Wah. Maybe if you have a problem with people disagreeing with you, you really shouldn't be online offering your opinions. Cause you sure don't have the ability or right to try to limit someone elses.

Just now, KPops said:

Not your thread and you can suggest all you want, just as I can reply as I please. Again Wah

Who created the topic? Your replies are just so immature by thinking I'm crying.

• Like 1

LOL!! This guy say's I'm attacking him here. What a joke. I see no attacking, no name calling. What a joke. This guy reports people who disagree with him. This isn't Nazi Germany bud.

9 hours ago, AstroPepper said:

Who created the topic? Your replies are just so immature by thinking I'm crying.

Do you own this forum? Didn't think so. Just because you created the topic doesn't mean you control who posts to it or the opinions posted. YOU WISH you could. Not happening. You definitely have no business in a public forum if you think you can limit someone elses speech.

Mods should temp ban people that abuse the report system