10 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

I am so terrible at planning Jason – I haven't killed a single person yet! I'd much rather be a counselor.

I play almost strictly as counselor as well.  Only been jason once.  Grabbed 5 i think. Luck really. 

Easier way to get kills as jason is just injure them if u can get close then its much harder for them to run away cant move very fast once u have hit them once or twice

Just my tiny bit of advice is to take heart... a lot of it really is luck. I suppose I am pretty good, but I absolutely have some bad matches (hopefully they end up at least being comical/entertaining/adventurous), but sometimes - as a counselor - you do spawn in, on your own, in a lousy spot, as the slow stealthy counselor, and Jason shows up a minute or two into the match, happens to see you, and you may be the first kill. I figure... someone is the first kill every time (at least, when Jason does kill people, hehe).

I'll say this... the game is not easy, and you can be lucky and very unlucky from match to match, and those both can make a huge difference.

The rare gems are when you can turn an unlucky match into a fun one (and maybe even a successful one).

Having a hard time playing as Jason can be a tough experience.

While I've been able to do pretty well, I have had a few hard times. One match, I really got beaten up so badly - mask knocked off, stunned and knocked down so many times, I cannot count them... however, I staid the course and killed all but one that managed to get away in the car (after I killed all the others).

Even still... I just recently had a match as Jason where I just had such a hard time - people were hiding on me, and I just did a terrible job of finding them.

What I meant to say with those above examples is... I generally leave only 0-2 survivors, on average... but I still have matches where more survive. It happens. And it can happen to you on your first several matches. It might turn around (and back again too, hehehe).

Mostly, try not to stress, try to roll with the bad blows (even mid-match, don't lose heart, you may still win). It might take some time for you to get the hang of it, and most of you haven't had that many chances yet.

I'll be honest, there's a lot to try and keep aware of when playing as Jason - the phone, the cars, the boat... plus, where they all may be. Try to call upon Jason's calm coolness from the movies, and move through your targets methodically (placing importance on certain things when it seems necessary - if you hear a phone sound, morph to the phone; if you hear the car engine, morph to position yourself in-between the moving car and the exit).

And I will say, I feel like there's a bit too much beating down on Jason right now. With the flare guns, shotguns, and firecrackers... plus the melee weapons, the bear traps, and those damn pocketknives... a Jason can get it pretty bad. However, he keeps ticking and can come back and kill them all quickly... so, don't panic. Just stay the course of evil and wipe out as many as you can. Any who escape... you can get them in the sequel.

(not sure any of that helps, but I wanted to offer something!!)

• Like 1

I keep chickening on joining any matches both because of the issues going on as well as generally being a newbie to the game. Some people are already pros at it already! I'm just crossing my fingers I get lucky and/or I get the hang of it.

I've played several games so far, as Jason and as a counsellor. 

Its pretty good playing as Jason, even if he is a little slow (when not using abilities), but I think the game is much better and more tense when playing a counsellor!! In the past few games a s counsellor, I have tried hiding in cupboards - can Jason still see inside a cupboard??!  

Additionally, I've also noticed that when Jason is nearby, when you are a counsellor, you get that weird screen glitch interference thing (where grey inference lines temporarily partially fill the screen). Is this due to one of Jason's abilities...? 

Finally, in one of last night's matches where I was a counsellor, I was one of the first ones killed, so I just happily stayed in the party and just watched the action, following one of the other players who were still alive.  However, about 5 minutes after I was killed and whilst I was watching the others play, the game suddenly put me back into the action as Tommy Jarvis with a shotgun (which I have never experienced!) ?!?!  What was that about?!!!

Im not good at all on Teleporting xD , but yeah i play not bad xD

21 minutes ago, deans6571 said:

I've played several games so far, as Jason and as a counsellor. 

Its pretty good playing as Jason, even if he is a little slow (when not using abilities), but I think the game is much better and more tense when playing a counsellor!! In the past few games a s counsellor, I have tried hiding in cupboards - can Jason still see inside a cupboard??!  

Additionally, I've also noticed that when Jason is nearby, when you are a counsellor, you get that weird screen glitch interference thing (where grey inference lines temporarily partially fill the screen). Is this due to one of Jason's abilities...? 

Finally, in one of last night's matches where I was a counsellor, I was one of the first ones killed, so I just happily stayed in the party and just watched the action, following one of the other players who were still alive.  However, about 5 minutes after I was killed and whilst I was watching the others play, the game suddenly put me back into the action as Tommy Jarvis with a shotgun (which I have never experienced!) ?!?!  What was that about?!!!

Jason might be able to see someone hiding in the cupboard (depending on their fear levels), plus he may be able to hear the character - especially if they start to panic. And, of course, the Jason may sometimes put two and two together when they think the counselor was nearby, but have lost sight of where they went. 

That weird glitch is like a video-tape glitch, and yes, it is from his power use - it is when Jason uses "Shift" which allows him to invisibly zoom around for a very brief bit, to suddenly pop out again.

And Tommy Jarvis can be called by a counselor if they find the HAM radio and successfully call out for help on it (as long as they find that particular cabin and the power is on for that area). A random player that's been killed, or has escaped, will return as Tommy, with his shotgun, walkie-talkie. and map (and all-around high ability scores).

Also, yeah, watching the game play out after you've died or escaped is super fun for me. :D I try to keep changing the camera to whichever counselor has Jason near by, so I can catch all of the kills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomadder said:

Jason might be able to see someone hiding in the cupboard (depending on their fear levels), plus he may be able to hear the character - especially if they start to panic. And, of course, the Jason may sometimes put two and two together when they think the counselor was nearby, but have lost sight of where they went. 

That weird glitch is like a video-tape glitch, and yes, it is from his power use - it is when Jason uses "Shift" which allows him to invisibly zoom around for a very brief bit, to suddenly pop out again.

And Tommy Jarvis can be called by a counselor if they find the HAM radio and successfully call out for help on it (as long as they find that particular cabin and the power is on for that area). A random player that's been killed, or has escaped, will return as Tommy, with his shotgun, walkie-talkie. and map (and all-around high ability scores).

Also, yeah, watching the game play out after you've died or escaped is super fun for me. :D I try to keep changing the camera to whichever counselor has Jason near by, so I can catch all of the kills.

...cheers for this -  explains a lot! Thanks.

:)

...also - what's the deal with all the different Jasons, are they just different levels of Jason, with different abilities?  And, do the levels increase i.e. Is Jason "Part 2", better than Jason "Part 1"...?!

:mellow:

17 hours ago, deans6571 said:

...cheers for this -  explains a lot! Thanks.

:)

...also - what's the deal with all the different Jasons, are they just different levels of Jason, with different abilities?  And, do the levels increase i.e. Is Jason "Part 2", better than Jason "Part 1"...?!

:mellow:

Cool! Glad I could help!

The different Jasons are named after which movie they are from. Each one is visually designed to very accurately resemble the movie version. And they each have different strengths, weaknesses, and stats. It is not a case of the higher the number the better Jason. It is more akin to the different counselors - how each have different strengths and weaknesses that may better fit one particular playstyle compared to another.

Personally, I have only played Jason Part 3. I want to give the others a try, but haven't done so yet. I'm a little concerned about using the undead ones (Part 6, 7, 8, and the Savini Skin), because they can't run... but I am positive they are well balanced - it's just my own personal fears/playstyle (anxiety over ruining the good job I do with the one Jason I am familiar playing as, hehe).

If you look at their stats in the customization screen, you'll see they have listed positives and negatives. Some have faster recharges for certain powers vs slower recharges of other powers, and some have higher weapon damage, or stronger grabbing power, or even faster swimming speed.

So, they have the same pool of powers and abilities, but just varying power levels and speeds. All of the Jasons should be balanced to be of equal power, and, form what others report, it seems to be well balanced. Some just might be harder for others to use, depending on how they approach it. Also, the ones who can't technically run, do still have a faster walk they use instead, plus rely more on the Shift power and/or the Morph (map teleport) power.

• Like 1

You can't say you are bad until you've been pwned by an 11 year old.  Kid i sometimes play with in my circle of friends is extremely good with J2.  He should not be that good.   Future masked psycho.  I swear. 

Edit: just for the record...i dont have him on my friends list but others do.  I cringe when i see him pop in, lol cause i know I'm dead. 

22 hours ago, Nomadder said:

I don't think it's actually worth hiding in cupboards and under beds....!!  Last night, I was playing as a counsellor, and had no fear level at all. I ran into a house, and then used the crouching ability in order to minimize the noise a counsellor makes if he/she were to be running. I then found a bed in a specific house and hid underneath it for a small period of time.

After a few minutes, I heard Jason smashing down the front door, and he then came into the bedroom where I was hiding (I could see his feet from under the bed). As soon as he entered the room, I held my breath (my counsellor's fear level was non-existent), however, Jason still made a beeline for  my bed and over the voice chat, I could here the real life player saying ".......who's this hiding under the bed", so Jason obviously knew I was hiding under there all along???

26 minutes ago, deans6571 said:

I don't think it's actually worth hiding in cupboards and under beds....!!  Last night, I was playing as a counsellor, and had no fear level at all. I ran into a house, and then used the crouching ability in order to minimize the noise a counsellor makes if he/she were to be running. I then found a bed in a specific house and hid underneath it for a small period of time.

After a few minutes, I heard Jason smashing down the front door, and he then came into the bedroom where I was hiding (I could see his feet from under the bed). As soon as he entered the room, I held my breath (my counsellor's fear level was non-existent), however, Jason still made a beeline for  my bed and over the voice chat, I could here the real life player saying ".......who's this hiding under the bed", so Jason obviously knew I was hiding under there all along???

When you hold your breath, your character makes an audible gasp that the person playing Jason can hear if he's close enough.

• Like 1

Heya gents, I've got a useful guide here with plenty of tips for playing both counsellors and Jason. Have a look here :)

• Like 1

I've only played 3 games so far due the Database Login failure but seem to be getting the hang of it, I haven't played as Jason yet though.