11 minutes ago, Czorny said:

"Kikiki" means that Jason get new ability, not that he is near you...

That I knew, but there's one musical sting that's separate from Jason's attack music that always freaks me out. I can never differentiate it from his regular stalk music. It's the one that ends with the "shwooo" sound effect.

I think you have to push the same button that activates it when you "fly" and you stop.

14 minutes ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

I also wondered how people shift so flawlessly.  I overshoot by a wide margin.  How do you get out of a shift once it's underway?

I did some practicing last night.

Press grab or attack. If you are going over a counselor, doing so will attack/grab them.

• Like 1

In the few games that I've played as Jason, it's either an all or nothing situation, LOL.  I can either get them all, only a few or none at all.  

Admittedly, it's a lot of fun, but frustrating as hell when you overshoot the counselors by going to ludicrous speed!  Guess I need more practice!

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, JBSLICK33 said:

I haven't had time to play it on PS4, but I sucked during the beta!  My teenaged son  kills everyone as Jason. Got everyone including Tommy Jarvis his first try!  Damn kids!

I have played but need to practice as Jason for sure. My first time out I didn't kill anyone. I got everything down pretty good for the counselors. Last time I played Jason 3 I killed 3 of 8 and the traps really help. I had one match where we were escaping with the car and the guy driving took a wrong turn hit a tree and the car flipped ..it was so fucken funny and everyone had a great time. Hopefully everything gets fixed with XP and Badges though. I'm on PS4 and same here my son killed 5 of 8 his first fricken time out. 

To the OP:

I totally empathize. I suck at Jason as well. I played Jason three times so far and I think my best is 4 kills. Meanwhile, two of the people I had been playing with killed everyone.

My biggest problem is that the counselors can outpace me while running away. That's the most frustrating part: trying to catch up to people but being unable to. I try to do the speed power but I usually overshoot, even trying to use the right thumbtack to turn around.

And I almost always get a group of camp counselors who work well together and keep knocking me out.

Oh, and I have no idea how to do the special kills once I have someone grabbed.

So, yeah, it has definitely been a steep learning curve for me.

33 minutes ago, jasonlore said:

T

Oh, and I have no idea how to do the special kills once I have someone grabbed.

When you start the game, go into Customize, then Jason. There, you can load and buy kills for your Jason, and set up Perks for your counselors.

Then, once you have a counselor grabbed, you hit A/B/X/Y and it does the kill corresponding with that button. But bare in mind you have to have room to do the kill.

• Like 1

I am getting ok with the counselor now, but the Jason thing is a little rocky. That said I have only played him twice. It dosen't help when other players are messaging you telling you where people are to hurry the game up either. 

But yes locating where people are is a struggle for me. Yet others do it so easily! 

I have played about six times as a counselor and once as part 3 Jason. As acounselor i´m usually first or second to get killed. As a Jason i only managed to kill 2/8. I placed all my traps around 4 seater and under window of a cabin next to the car. I think i have to be more aggressive when playing as Jason and not focus to long for one person. On the flipside, i once managed to save someone playing as Tommy. Jason grabbed Tommy and i shot my flaregun. Also i once managed to install battery before Jason got me.

One thing that helped me was to write down controls on paper. That way i could quickly see what each button does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HodderFodder said:

I did some practicing last night.

Press grab or attack. If you are going over a counselor, doing so will attack/grab them.

...so you're saying that if you are going passed a counsellor at that fast speed, and you hit the attack button (I think it's the right trigger on the Xbox One), Jason will stop and grab the counsellor without overshooting them??!!

I feel your pain. I usually play as a counselor to get a feel for the mechanics of the game...and am usually the first to die a gruesome, horrible death. There's a learning curve to this so don't get frustrated.  Every match is a learning experience -- have fun with it, even though chances are good you will die a gruesome, horrible death. <_<

I've mentioned this in another thread but my biggest lesson learned happened during the beta on the last match before the servers were switched off. I was filling up the tank on the two-seater when two other players jumped in the car and drove off. Was I mad? Hell, no -- I was laughing too hard at that classic slasher movie moment. I even complemented those two players for getting into the spirit of the game. I did learn something, though -- If you're repairing a car, make sure there's room enough for you!  :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, deans6571 said:

...so you're saying that if you are going passed a counsellor at that fast speed, and you hit the attack button (I think it's the right trigger on the Xbox One), Jason will stop and grab the counsellor without overshooting them??!!

Bingo. But you gotta time it right; you gotta hit it just as you're ontop of them.

• Like 2

Great as counselors, not so much as Mr. Vorhees. I usually kill half of them, but it gets frustrating. As of right now, I prefer playing as a counselor, its much more tense.

Grab and/or attack rarely stop my shift. My ping is usually between 70-110, so I cant blame lag. Ive seen Jasons in the 300s and they controlled him really well. Ive only played 8 matches, practice is needed!

On 5/27/2017 at 10:24 PM, Ban_All_Music said:

When you hear the "Kikiki" prompt, DON'T MAKE A SOUND. Your minimap has a circle around you when you make noise.

It's only the first "kikiki mamama" that you should be silent for. That's when Jason gets Sense. Otherwise, jog away.

Had a match as Jason and got a 1/7. Still, I feel a little better about my handling?

Even so, I'd like to set up a private match for the purposes of Game Training. Practice your knife throwing/shifting, hunting people, etc. PM me your steam handles if anyone wants to join up.

20 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's only the first "kikiki mamama" that you should be silent for. That's when Jason gets Sense. Otherwise, jog away.

Yup. First is sense, second is morph. Unfortunately, I am typically trapped with the loudest counselors who seem to have just drank 10 Redbulls on that first "kikiki." 

5 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Yup. First is sense, second is morph. Unfortunately, I am typically trapped with the loudest counselors who seem to have just drank 10 Redbulls on that first "kikiki." 

Second is Shift. Jason starts with Morph--has to use it to get from his shack.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

Second is Shift. Jason starts with Morph--has to use it to get from his shack.

That is what I meant, the teleporting ability. I get the names of the two mixed up. 

I am so terrible at planning Jason – I haven't killed a single person yet! I'd much rather be a counselor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

I am so terrible at planning Jason – I haven't killed a single person yet! I'd much rather be a counselor.

All comes with practice Zombie79, how many times have you played as Jason so far?

11 hours ago, c0nsilience said:

Are most of you playing with or without mics?

With mic.  Really makes a difference but if im jason i dont talk as im working.