I'm a horrible Jason. I can manage to kill 2 people, and that's about it. Most of the time is spent going "Where Are they?" because my sense isn't picking them up, and when I get close to people, I eat a flare/attack/etc. But what really discourages me are the players who taunt me as I struggle to get them. At this point I' dprefer to Not play Jason, but even set as "Counselor preference" and lobby hopping, I still wind up playing him.

As a counselor, I keep spawning at the very furthest end of the map, which is often barren except for a cabin or two. As I make my way towards everyone else, I always get killed. Or, I'm the first one. Still I've managed to escape a few times, when the car's been fixed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

I'm a horrible Jason. I can manage to kill 2 people, and that's about it. Most of the time is spent going "Where Are they?" because my sense isn't picking them up, and when I get close to people, I eat a flare/attack/etc. But what really discourages me are the players who taunt me as I struggle to get them. At this point I' dprefer to Not play Jason, but even set as "Counselor preference" and lobby hopping, I still wind up playing him.

As a counselor, I keep spawning at the very furthest end of the map, which is often barren except for a cabin or two. As I make my way towards everyone else, I always get killed. Or, I'm the first one. Still I've managed to escape a few times, when the car's been fixed.

Haha - I made a post like this yesterday. I suck so bad! I've had virtually the same experience with you, except I can't kill anyone as Jason. I can barely get the navigation right…I can barely get the navigation right…

It's a new game, few people are any good.

My first try as Jason, I killed 4/8 without using any of my abilities and outdoor were complaining about how terrible I was.

Truly a lot of this game is luck though.

Here's everything you need to know if you want to play to win rather than play for fun.

1. Focus on Part 3 Jason until you get Part 2 Jason. Part 3 kills counselors in 3 axe swings. Part 2 can morph very often and has plenty of traps.

2. Immediately place traps around the phone box and cars. Grab a kill or two along the way if you happen to get lucky.

3. Destroy power boxes, it raises fear level. Especially if it's later in the match and you can't find someone. You could have sense active, someone in a cabin right next to you, and if they have high enough stealth and/or the right perks you won't see them.

4. Don't underestimate Stalk. Use it correctly. The most potent use is to be out of range of a counselor(where they can't hear your music), activate Stalk and then morph to their location. Heck, even a blind guess with Stalk active to destroy a power box let me find a pesky A.J.

5. Use C to enter combat mode if someone wants to fight you directly. Use RMB to block their attacks; Jason blocking attacks actually deals a small amount of damage back to the counselor.

6. Use Shift to get ahead of counselors and snatch them. Don't exit shift behind a counselor, exit in front of them.

7. Use the map to track vehicles. If you see one moving, give it a few seconds for the vehicle to be going in a straight path and teleport just in front of it.

8. If you try to teleport directly onto the exit point you will appear some distance away off to the side. Instead teleport some distance in front of the exit.

9. Don't let stealthy characters get away. Kill them if you find them and let the loud characters run away. You'll find them again.

10. Don't immediately use your powers when someone only JUST starts running away from you. Let them run for a bit to drain their stamina, then Shift-Grab.

11. Have fun.

• Like 11

Few tips.

A lot of counselors think they need to group up and beat down Jason. Bad idea.

If you are on the opposite end of the map, be grateful cause Jason will be where the people are grouped up. Find what you can in the drawers and always make sure you have an escape route. If Jason is going after others, begin sneaking your way to wherever you think you need to be.

When you hear the "Kikiki" prompt, DON'T MAKE A SOUND. Your minimap has a circle around you when you make noise. 

If Vanessa comes anywhere near you, get far away. You may as well be shooting flares in a cabin by yourself.

27 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Here's everything you need to know if you want to play to win rather than play for fun.

1. Focus on Part 3 Jason until you get Part 2 Jason. Part 3 kills counselors in 3 axe swings. Part 2 can morph very often and has plenty of traps.

2. Immediately place traps around the phone box and cars. Grab a kill or two along the way if you happen to get lucky.[/quote]

I have been trying to use part6 Jason. He has more Sense and Shift than part 3. I also don't like using weapon attacks for killing--killing a counselor with weapon attacks is lame. Wounding them so they can't run, yes.

Now, your second point I always do.

3. Destroy power boxes, it raises fear level. Especially if it's later in the match and you can't find someone. You could have sense active, someone in a cabin right next to you, and if they have high enough stealth and/or the right perks you won't see them.

4. Don't underestimate Stalk. Use it correctly. The most potent use is to be out of range of a counselor(where they can't hear your music), activate Stalk and then morph to their location. Heck, even a blind guess with Stalk active to destroy a power box let me find a pesky A.J.

Now I do try to destroy power boxes.  But either I end up on the wrong side of the cabin, and have to slowly wander around the building to find it, or I get sidetracked spotting a counselor.

Gauging where they are and morphing on top of them is not easy.

6. Use Shift to get ahead of counselors and snatch them. Don't exit shift behind a counselor, exit in front of them.

I seem to lose them if I try that; or I try to turn around fast enough, and get hit. Really, I would like to get more chances to use Shift, but it's just not easy to practice; the only time to practice is in the middle of a match, and that's flat out frustrating.

28 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

If you are on the opposite end of the map, be grateful cause Jason will be where the people are grouped up.

It's more that I'm trying to 1) get to get to the escape option (I've died multiple times trying to get gas/battery TO the car), or 2) am Tommy Jarvis, and thus am running to help protect people. But the bigger issue is that at the furthest edge of the spawn, there are few cabins, meaning few items. I seem to spawn at the archery range a LOT.

Im probably the worst player on here but still having fun.   Found a real awesome group of guys to play with. 

3 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

I have been trying to use part6 Jason. He has more Sense and Shift than part 3. I also don't like using weapon attacks for killing--killing a counselor with weapon attacks is lame. Wounding them so they can't run, yes.

You want to win right? Kill the first few counselors with axe chops first. When you narrow it down to 4 then go crazy with the grab kills. If you just wanna win win win then only do axe chops.

5 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

Now I do try to destroy power boxes.  But either I end up on the wrong side of the cabin, and have to slowly wander around the building to find it, or I get sidetracked spotting a counselor.

Gauging where they are and morphing on top of them is not easy.

If the power box icon appears on the right side of a cabin, try aiming to morph about one or 1/2 "cursor" length to the right of the power box icon. Do the same for left, north and south. That usually gets me very close to it. Don't put your morph cursor on top of the power box icon. You will spawn somewhere randomly around the general vicinity instead.

9 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

I seem to lose them if I try that; or I try to turn around fast enough, and get hit. Really, I would like to get more chances to use Shift, but it's just not easy to practice; the only time to practice is in the middle of a match, and that's flat out frustrating.

Run them down a bit first. Let them use their stamina up, throw knives, whatever. try to catch them from an unsuspecting direction. If you shift at them from directly behind, they know you're coming and they will zig-zag. Try doing a semi-circle around them. They can't see so well while you're doing it. It helps to do it when they're near obstacles so they'll get stuck more easily.

Id say I'm OK. Not the worst.  Not the greatest.  Average at best.  I'll usually kill about half the people as Jason.  My problem is I'll chase one person for too long, then some others will find a way to escape.  Oh well.  As a counselor, sometimes I survive pretty long, other times if Jason is nearby, I'll attack him, then within 5 minutes I'm dead, maybe after a bit of a chase.  After I successfully attack him, if he keeps coming, I'll just keep trying to ambush him when i can.  I know it's not the smart thing, but I have fun with it!   I'm decent enough thats I'm having fun.  Thats all i care about.  I'm sure I'll get better.  

I'm getting better actually. Though sometimes I panic when playing as Jason and hack the characters to death rather then using a kill move >.<

My first round as Jason was almost a disaster. I managed to kill 5/7, but it wasn't without issues. I kept forgetting to activate the fast walking, I was and still am shit with the throwing knives. When there were 3 counselors grouped around a car, I attempted to shift directly to one. In the process of steering it I accidentally activated morph and sent myself to the opposite side of the map. The others playing were just as confused as I was. One called me bad, and abother thought I was try8ng ti raise their fear levels.

Stealthy characters like AJ is the way to go i think i always survive a while when playing her

My first time as Jason I only killed one person! I got a lot better and achieved a couple flawless victories and really enjoy playing as Jason. It's all about raising their fear, draining their stamina, injuring them with throwing knives/traps/strikes and finally closing in on them. Loving the game so far whether counselor or Jason.

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You want to win right? Kill the first few counselors with axe chops first. When you narrow it down to 4 then go crazy with the grab kills. If you just wanna win win win then only do axe chops.

Honestly, the first few kills don't seem to give trouble. Counselors don't seem to have pocket knives/stun equipment till later in the game. If anything, the late game kills need to be chops.

Don't feel bad, I suck too but I had a busy weekend and the couple times I was on the Xbox the kids wanted to play something. I only played a couple rounds in a private lobby Friday night with what looked like some of the backers so I am sure they are pretty hardcore about the game lol. I was Jason once and even my wife who doesn't game was yelling and getting frustrated with me while she was watching, im like babe trust me not as easy at it looks lol. A couple people escaped in the car, I kept screwing up when I morphed to them but I did end up getting 3 or 4 of them at the end which was pretty fun especially when I thought I might not get any! I need to look at the controls or be Jason again to figure out what his Y button ability on the Xbox controller is, did it once and wasn't sure but the other 3 were fun. I need to learn the map better cause even when morphing I was getting a little lost.

Regarding the counselors I escaped once, the cops came and I totally guessed on the exit and got it right, then the other couple rounds I died really quick. I cant navigate the map well at all yet and could not find the map to help me. I found the phone once but it wasn't working and not sure why. once I found the gas for the car but couldn't find my way to the car and then got killed with the gas in my hand, funny stuff and I had fun even though I suck. Like anything I hope with more time and learning the maps more I will do get better.

Any tips for us newbs regarding both Jason and counselors would be great. Does the stealth really work if you pick a high stealth counselor? I was leaning towards faster and stamina. Also can you stop Shift early because I couldn't figure that out and sometimes I was shifting to far or had to do circles which go a little confusing?

I haven't had time to play it on PS4, but I sucked during the beta!  My teenaged son  kills everyone as Jason. Got everyone including Tommy Jarvis his first try!  Damn kids!

• Like 1

I've played a few times as Jason but have found him to be really slow!! There is no way to catch a counsellor if they are running in front of you and Jason is running after them??! 

Also, how does the Shift ability work exactly? Every time I use it, I overshoot the counsellor I am trying to chase - and how do you use the Shift grab (I assume you can grab a counsellor if you are shifting past them?)?!

I'm on Xbox One by the way....

I'm getting better with more practice. My first time playing as Jason I killed like one counselor. In my last one yesterday I killed all 8 of them. Happy days. I think it just takes more practice.

1 hour ago, deans6571 said:

I've played a few times as Jason but have found him to be really slow!! There is no way to catch a counsellor if they are running in front of you and Jason is running after them??! 

Also, how does the Shift ability work exactly? Every time I use it, I overshoot the counsellor I am trying to chase - and how do you use the Shift grab (I assume you can grab a counsellor if you are shifting past them?)?!

I'm on Xbox One by the way....

I asked this too, is there a way to stop the shift before it runs out? I keep over shooting them too and have to circle around and get messed up sometimes. Only played one match as Jason. How do you shift grab?

I have finally discovered how to pre-select my Jason.

The 1 time I've been Jason for a full match I was given the Jason from "Friday The 13th: Jason Sucks" (though to be fair it was probably more me than him) and I just got beaten up by the counselors as I waved my spear angrily.

On 28.05.2017 at 5:24 AM, Ban_All_Music said:

When you hear the "Kikiki" prompt, DON'T MAKE A SOUND. Your minimap has a circle around you when you make noise.

"Kikiki" means that Jason get new ability, not that he is near you...