It would add an element to the hunt if Jason could burn down a cabin. Like he can find a pack of matches, or a blow torch, or something. Then councilors could use the fire extinguishers inside some of the cabins to put it out. 

I played for the first time today. After several hours of play, I found that players sometimes will hide together, killing time inside cabins. It would be just crazy if 3 or 4 players were trapped inside a burning cabin and were forced to escape or die. Then Jason could wait outside and go after them as they scatter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Haha this is funny because 4 counselors were stuck in a cabin with only one door and two windows. Jason placed traps by all exits and we knew. So maybe burning a cabin could be funny, but i think he has more than enough ways of getting the upper hand on some scared counselors.

While it would be funny to do this sometimes players may feel forced to just stay inside a cabin to survive. I experienced it with some people when I could actually play a few games. Some of the other players were downright pricks chasing people out of "their" cabin so a bunch of people gathered together in a different cabin. Most of the people there were also quite new to the game and still learning, just like me. We did manage to survive though.

After all this game asks of counselors to work together and survive, or escape. Hiding in a cabin therefore in my opinion is totally acceptable. Either because people don't know of another way yet or are forced to do so.

There is already more than enough ways Jason can kill people in cabins such as settings traps and destroying the power boxes and throwing knives and using the morph ability on open doors. If you cant kill someone who is hiding in a cabin as Jason you are doing something wrong.

• Like 2

I don't think Jason should be able to set fires, BUT i think that if a counselor fires the flare gun at jason inside a building and misses, the building should catch fire and burn down.

Things I'd like:

-firing the flare gun at a gas can causing an explosion 

-being able to use keys/fuse like a PK, but taking them out of play for the round 

I don't think Jason ever torched a cabin in the movies, so probably not going to happen. Neat idea though.

1 hour ago, SDA said:

Things I'd like:

-firing the flare gun at a gas can causing an explosion 

-being able to use keys/fuse like a PK, but taking them out of play for the round 

Flare gun explosion would be cool, but we can't have nice things.

Keys I could kind of understand, but there's no way in hell you're stabbing someone with a fuse...

3 hours ago, Truth said:

Flare gun explosion would be cool, but we can't have nice things.

I can see trolls racing to burn all the cabins down rather than completing objectives.

fire extinguishers and propane canisters are what i have been lobbying forever for. They are at almost every cabin but we can't use them. I don't think that's cool at all. Hopefully the devs will realize how cool it would be to have them in the game.

I really like this idea because I think it would be fun for Jason (obviously) and it would make the gameplay experience more menacing. This idea would make what the devs always wanted, "Jason scarier."

Cool idea, but no thanks. Don't get me wrong. I would love to find both gas cans and test out explosive radius, but the problem is so will most people. I see trolls and pyros blowing each other up every match. 

While this idea is cool in theory, it's way too easy to abuse for trolls.

Could be interesting if the AI does this in single player challenges though, like what happened in Part 7.