So after playing this and the beta for that matter I realized something. It sucks when you know someone had an important part or item (keys, gas, battery) and they die with it on their corpse.

That's fine but the problem is when they die and you have no idea where they died to find that item. 

I think counselors should be marked with an X on the map for where their deceased body is located. We already show up as O's with or without obtaining a map. At least we would be able to visit a body and pick up what they were carrying.

It sucks knowing you have gas and a battery in a car but the keys are way off in the woods somewhere on a dead body you will never truly find.

• Like 1

Totally disagree. We don't need hand holding or happy endings. 

What should happen is when people get important items they use the mic to communicate. If they can locate a walkie, then they can speak to everybody. If not just inform anybody you come within proximity to.

For example, I was being chased down while I had the keys. I used the walkie to let everybody know I had them, and kept them up on my location. I actually headed for the car to make it easier. Two others escaped in the car after looting my corpse. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Totally disagree. We don't need hand holding or happy endings. 

What should happen is when people get important items they use the mic to communicate. If they can locate a walkie, then they can speak to everybody. If not just inform anybody you come within proximity to.

For example, I was being chased down while I had the keys. I used the walkie to let everybody know I had them, and kept them up on my location. I actually headed for the car to make it easier. Two others escaped in the car after looting my corpse. 

See? Happy ending!

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

See? Happy ending!

Not for dead Kenny, or his decapitated head. 

Not really hand holding. Just do it for everyone regardless if they had anything or not. Or at least when the character sees the dead body and reacts to it then it can forever be a blip on the map.

I understand using the mic to cover important info, however, let's be frank. This game just came out so everyone is playing with a mic. After some time, games like this one will usually just have players who play just for fun and do not intend on communication through mics.

Anyone play evolve after a month, or L4D after a year? barely anyone spoke because the game was just dumb fun rather than skill based competition.

4 hours ago, Mr_smithereens said:

Not really hand holding. Just do it for everyone regardless if they had anything or not. Or at least when the character sees the dead body and reacts to it then it can forever be a blip on the map.

I understand using the mic to cover important info, however, let's be frank. This game just came out so everyone is playing with a mic. After some time, games like this one will usually just have players who play just for fun and do not intend on communication through mics.

Anyone play evolve after a month, or L4D after a year? barely anyone spoke because the game was just dumb fun rather than skill based competition.

People who stop using game mechanics do so at their own risk. 

I got an idea: What if there was a kind of "walkie ping" or some sound cue that a player could activate that would make any dead counselor with a walkie make a sound blip for Jason and a icon on the map for counselors? You know how walkies have a morse code beeper thing right? Think of it as you sending a beep to the other end of the walkie and all walkies on dead counselors ping at the same time, helping you find the bodies. It could possibly distract Jason, or possibly lead him to you. Risk/reward.

• Like 2

It would encourage everyone to find a walkie, and when you think youre cooked, you could activate the ping, if you want to be a team player

I second the idea of having dropped important items on the counselors' map.

So, if a person has found an important item but lost it due to his untimely demise,
couldn't it appear on the counselors' map only for the other players?
I mean, it had been found, so why don't give the counselors the possibility to obtain it?

I've noticed that not all players use their headset because they don't want to communicate with other counselors
which makes it quite difficult to find out whether an item has been found or not.