I don't know I think I played pretty well last night. You just gotta go with the flow.

I'm trying to be as patient as possible, but they shit the bed on this one. It's two days later and I still can't play on my main Steam account because of the Database Login Failure. I'm a Kickstarter backer, I've been looking forward to the game for a very long time. I was in the beta and I didn't go in expecting anything different than what the game is now, and I absolutely love the gameplay. But this is really a debacle of a launch and the reviews are tanking on Steam. It went from 85% positive in the first 12 hours to 65% positive after 2 days.

If I didn't have an old alt account for Steam, I wouldn't be able to play at all. Lots of people who don't know alt accounts work, are also not able to play at all. This is totally unacceptable. My patience is turning to anger.

• Like 2

I guess the difference.... to me ... is that this was not intentional. Ive yelled and screamed about some decisions theyve made that I thought were pretty effef up. In fact Im still half wanting a refund on principle even though it is a blast to play. But this was despite their best efforts amd cmon ... we know theu tried to prepare the best they could. They didnt do it intentionally. They dont want it broken any more than we do. Theyre trying their asses off to fix it. 

To be honest I expected the backers of the game to be treated better. As a backer all I have been doing is watching other people play through their streams. I originally bought a hard copy, then about a month or so ago they informed us we would not receive them on day one. Fine. So they where going to give the physical buyers a digital code to play the first day. Sounds great right? Nope. I am one of many that still have yet to received a code. I was tempted to buy it though the Microsoft Store for another $40 but why would i give them more money for nothing? Now they are bombarded with emails about other issues with distribution or annoying bugs in the game. The backers don't even have email priority. I sent them multiple emails and I still haven't gotten a personal reply yet just a generic automated one. I keep reading cut them a break it's not their fault blah blah blah. But in actuality they were fully aware that they did not receive enough codes to cover their preorders. They didn't inform us it would be an issue. Not to mention the game looks exactly the same as it did when they kickstarted it. No improvements seen. They didn't even have enough servers to deal with amount of people at launch anyway. They went down as soon as some people where able to download the game, on ALL platforms. I'm just wondering what did they expect? Were they prepared for anything? Doesn't seem like it. Very dissappointed with the whole experience so far. 

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

There is no discussing with the Millennial "I want it now and I want it perfect" crowd. They grew up in the digital age when everything worked out of the box, and if it didn't, instant patches fixed everything.

Us Gen-X'ers who bought Atari/Coleco/Intellivision games sight-unseen and threw half of them in the garbage because they were broken games or were right awful are not "White Knights," but people who have an understanding of how this all works and the patience to deal with it.

The "I want it now" me-crowd complained for months about the delays in this game. If they released it early and it was a 100% disaster, they'd complain about how 100% broken the game is. Delay the game to polish 95% of it up and they complain how long it took to release and the 5% kinks that need a release to work out. Impossible to reason with these types.

Also, if you are taking time off of work, stealing money from yourself or burning time off days, so you can play a bloody video game, you're doing it wrong. How about you work that day, which will more than cover your cost of buying the game, and then try it when you get home?

Very tired of all the whinging on petulant reasons.

White knight or not. you are very condescending. I am from this era you are talking about, I don't care how you feel about it or how you spend your time. I had a day off work and wanted to play my new game. The only person "doing it wrong" is the one telling other people how best to spend their time.

finally, Petulant reasons? the game is fu**in' knackered mate.

sorry for the tons of posts. my PC had a brainfart

Are the servers the reason for all the glitches and pop ins? Seriously, there's exponentially more than the actual beta. WTH.

Just now, ShortyThaGame said:

sorry for the tons of posts. my PC had a brainfart

@JPops should be able to clear it out.

Sorry man, you've had your work cut out for ya recently.

12 minutes ago, NubsOne said:

To be honest I expected the backers of the game to be treated better. As a backer all I have been doing is watching other people play through their streams. I originally bought a hard copy, then about a month or so ago they informed us we would not receive them on day one. Fine. So they where going to give the physical buyers a digital code to play the first day. Sounds great right? Nope. I am one of many that still have yet to received a code. I was tempted to buy it though the Microsoft Store for another $40 but why would i give them more money for nothing? Now they are bombarded with emails about other issues with distribution or annoying bugs in the game. The backers don't even have email priority. I sent them multiple emails and I still haven't gotten a personal reply yet just a generic automated one. I keep reading cut them a break it's not their fault blah blah blah. But in actuality they were fully aware that they did not receive enough codes to cover their preorders. They didn't inform us it would be an issue. Not to mention the game looks exactly the same as it did when they kickstarted it. No improvements seen. They didn't even have enough servers to deal with amount of people at launch anyway. They went down as soon as some people where able to download the game, on ALL platforms. I'm just wondering what did they expect? Were they prepared for anything? Doesn't seem like it. Very dissappointed with the whole experience so far. 

I'll agree the backers have been treated like shit. Minus the verbal shout outs, what did they get? I didnt kickstart it. I got it on backerkit though. I waited to see it was going to be made, I dont make enough money to throw it away. The kickstarters got it the worst. But all of us wouldve been better off ordering the Savini Jason then just waiting till today to buy the game. The people most invested in this game got treated like ass.

BUT - on this one, again, this server thing shouldve been expected and we all joked here about how it was going to be a complete clusterfuck on launch day. Much larger companies than this have had HUGE issues launching online games, so why we're shocked and angry at this particular issue is beyond me. I dont feel they deserve the hate for this. I understand being frustrated, but not hating on them for it when at least they're trying their hardest to fix it.

• Like 1

This issue has happened with AAA  companies before and its nothing new for the  first few days of launch when devs weren't expecting the amount of traffic they got. Cut the devs some slack and for the people who are leaving negative reviews on the steam page for the server issues and not even gameplay...please stop that, if your going to give a game a negative review it better be for the gameplay and not just because of a server issue shortly after launch that was obviously to be expected.

21 minutes ago, NubsOne said:

Not to mention the game looks exactly the same as it did when they kickstarted it. No improvements seen. 

well, in their defense:

But i get your points and i agree. I've been one of the more vocal opponents against them. I think Ben secretly resents me. 

But i digress.

A lot of backers, myself included, do feel shafted about practices recently. Just a few examples include Early streamers killing Jason before we even got a chance, when they told us through out release "Figure it out for yourselves". We never got a chance to. Many of us here requested or codes to be sent early so we could avoid issues exactly like the ones you mentioned. 

Literally ALL OF US that have been here have called the shit show thats unfolding in front of us. Granted, i didn't think it would be this big of one. 

The servers are a beast of their own as i've mentioned. But is the game not fun? Is the game not what we were promised? Sure some features didn't make it in post launch that were promised on kickstarter. But the game is still fun as hell.

Yknow, when you can get in a game.

But that will be fixed. If its not fixed by the end of this weekend, then we can bring out the pitchforks and torches. But for now, just sharpen them. 

• Like 1

Just curious as to i didn't even receive my code for the game yet.  From your experience playing they haven't been any issues? Bugs? Glitches?  All the server issues aside. Because even before release the press, bloggers and streamers who recieved am early copy are still reporting major bugs and glitches. So is it just a few or is it affecting the whole community?

Good old fashioned Mob recruiting it is then hahaha. IHeartBreakerI and I will be in the forefront 

7 minutes ago, NubsOne said:

Just curious as to i didn't even receive my code for the game yet.  From your experience playing they haven't been any issues? Bugs? Glitches?  All the server issues aside. Because even before release the press, bloggers and streamers who recieved am early copy are still reporting major bugs and glitches. So is it just a few or is it affecting the whole community?

Oh the game is one big messy, glitchy, buggy, but lovely mess.

I've seen Jason skate across the ground after being stunned.

Counselors morph into the doors of a cabinet when trying to hide.

I've gotten stuck in a windows as a counselor. Literally the lower half of my body was morphed with the window sill.

I've seen clipping issues, ragdolls going ballistic, dead characters morphing with the ground

Now this all sounds REALLY bad. And, it kind of is. But these issues can be overlooked just by how fun the actual gameplay is.

Thats not to say we should overlook these bugs. They need to be fixed. As for other glitches, i've had really bad game crashes that seem to happen randomly. One crash was so bad i had to restart my whole xbox.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I guess I probably expected to have played at least a round by now. Unfortunately I've been locked out with the player database error since I first started trying to play yesterday.

I'm not upset or bothered, maybe slightly annoyed and a touch amused but as Blood said- what did we expect? I definitely understand why others are upset. I'm not going to preach patience though- telling someone to be patient (who has little or no patience) is futile. 

I'm still hopeful this will be resolved soon and myself (and others) can get into the game. Everyone will calm the fuck down once they get to play.

I get your point but it's an apples and oranges argument. Cars and video games have very different issues. ;)

No, the argument is valid.  I'll write it in caveman speak for you.  I buy car, I expect car work.  I buy video game, I expect game work.  

Love the condescending wink emoji at the end of your post.

Reading through everything (forums, social media, etc) made me stop and say "Wow." This is currently a colossal clusterfuck. I know other games have experienced this but I'm starting to wonder where this will rank on the list of worst Day 1 launches. Lots of folks are playing though so it's not a complete failure. Still, there's been very little improvment in the last 24 hours on all of the major issues. Something's got to give.

@Kobrakai02

It's a stupid argument and doesn't become valid because you think it is. Like I said, I got your point. It's still a stupid and lazy argument.

Interpret emojis however you like. Have another. ;)

Just now, Kobrakai02 said:

No, the argument is valid.  I'll write it in caveman speak for you.  I buy car, I expect car work.  I buy video game, I expect game work.  

Love the condescending wink emoji at the end of your post.

Except the analogy is overly simplistic.

I work in the car business. When new features come out, they're usually a problem for a while until the manufacturer irons out the problems. This is why you have things like recalls and TSBs at times. Cars have problems. Now, imagine someone designs an entirely new kind of car, guess what - the first model year is going to have bugs that need to be worked out and this is pretty common knowledge.

What we're seeing here is the devs trying to have been ready, but they couldnt have predicted the situation they are now in. They want it to work, I'm sure we all agree on that.

1 minute ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

What we're seeing here is the devs trying to have been ready, but they couldnt have predicted the situation they are now in. They want it to work, I'm sure we all agree on that.

But we did ;)

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

But we did ;)

To an extent. Yes, obviously we knew there would be problems and so did they, but they were known unknowns. In other words, they knew on launch that the hardware and software would be in a whole new realm of load and complexity, but they didnt know WHAT was going to go wrong to try and prepare for it.

So, yeah, that's kinda the whole point of my post. We KNEW it was going to be a shitshow for the fist few days so why are we now surprised and angry about it?

i could not drill it into gun medias head hard enough before and after beta that servers would be a problem but they dont seem to give a shit.

Except the analogy is overly simplistic.

I work in the car business. When new features come out, they're usually a problem for a while until the manufacturer irons out the problems. This is why you have things like recalls and TSBs at times. Cars have problems. Now, imagine someone designs an entirely new kind of car, guess what - the first model year is going to have bugs that need to be worked out and this is pretty common knowledge.

The main use of a vehicle is that you can drive it.  The main use of a game is you can play it.  Your analogy for the recalls on cars works for the problem of people not being able to download dlc, but not for the main issue of the game not working.

9 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Reading through everything (forums, social media, etc) made me stop and say "Wow." This is currently a colossal clusterfuck. I know other games have experienced this but I'm starting to wonder where this will rank on the list of worst Day 1 launches. Lots of folks are playing though so it's not a complete failure. Still, there's been very little improvment in the last 24 hours on all of the major issues. Something's got to give.

@Kobrakai02

It's a stupid argument and doesn't become valid because you think it is. Like I said, I got your point. It's still a stupid and lazy argument.

Interpret emojis however you like. Have another. ;)

How is expecting something you buy to actually work a stupid and lazy argument?

3 minutes ago, Kobrakai02 said:

The main use of a vehicle is that you can drive it.  The main use of a game is you can play it.  Your analogy for the recalls on cars works for the problem of people not being able to download dlc, but not for the main issue of the game not working.

Dude. I've seen cars with less than 5,000 miles on them be completely disabled. Sometimes shit breaks. Even new shit. In this case, ESPECIALLY new shit. Yes, the intent is that we will all be able to play the game. However, if you did not expect problems the first day or 2 of the launch of an online game from a tiny little company, then you're simply naive. Sorry to be an asshole about it, but that's just to be expected.

I get it, everyone wants to play. Everyone is frustrated they cant and is getting pissed. But this is par for the course.

To an extent. Yes, obviously we knew there would be problems and so did they, but they were known unknowns. In other words, they knew on launch that the hardware and software would be in a whole new realm of load and complexity, but they didnt know WHAT was going to go wrong to try and prepare for it.

So, yeah, that's kinda the whole point of my post. We KNEW it was going to be a shitshow for the fist few days so why are we now surprised and angry about it?

I don't think people that have been here are too pissed and upset. The majority is new members who just bought the game. And who can blame them for being upset? I'm sure they know little to nothing about Gun and how complicated this whole process has been. The game and studio have run into a lot of hiccups along the way. And this is there biggest one yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

There is no discussing with the Millennial "I want it now and I want it perfect" crowd. They grew up in the digital age when everything worked out of the box, and if it didn't, instant patches fixed everything.

Us Gen-X'ers who bought Atari/Coleco/Intellivision games sight-unseen and threw half of them in the garbage because they were broken games or were right awful are not "White Knights," but people who have an understanding of how this all works and the patience to deal with it.

The "I want it now" me-crowd complained for months about the delays in this game. If they released it early and it was a 100% disaster, they'd complain about how 100% broken the game is. Delay the game to polish 95% of it up and they complain how long it took to release and the 5% kinks that need a release to work out. Impossible to reason with these types.

Also, if you are taking time off of work, stealing money from yourself or burning time off days, so you can play a bloody video game, you're doing it wrong. How about you work that day, which will more than cover your cost of buying the game, and then try it when you get home?

Very tired of all the whinging on petulant reasons.

Hey look, it's "You have to listen to me about how you feel about spending your money" followed by it's sequel "Criticism is just whining coming from entitled brats" and wrapping up the trilogy with "Disagreeing with me means you don't have a job or handle money correctly".

And you could fit it all in a single post. Well done.

• Like 1

Just now, Kobrakai02 said:

How is expecting something you buy to actually work a stupid and lazy argument?

Because you're now arguing about cars. ;)