Sign in to follow this  
GunMedia_Ben

Status Right Now

8 minutes ago, wan0bwan said:

not being able to join a game I can understand, but not being able to save a profile, I do not.

It's related to the database.  The database stores everything about your character. If the database is down or not working properly, things can't be saved.  Thus, you don't get the xp or clothing/kills that you used CP for, etc that you got in a match because the game can't "talk" to the database to save it  

Hope this  helps explain it a bit. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

I really don't understand why people are surprised that there's issues. It happens with almost every new game that's based online, even the big ones.  Be patient people!  These guys are under incredible amounts of stress already and don't need a bunch of salty attitudes adding to it. 

Word.

It is fantastic that so many people wants to play a game with a simple idea from a loved franchise, devoloped by an indie game team makes it even more fantastic. Too bad that the server issues continues, but I am sure that Gun and Illfonic are working hard as hell to make it work proper again.

Well I've just finished my introduction post in the introduction section explaining that I joined this site to complain about my game not working and wanting information on what's being done about it.

I had poked about the Forums a little bit trying t get info but somehow missed this "status" thread.

Thanks for taking the time to make it and keeping us updated on what's going on.

I'm bummed that the game does not work for the XBox ONE (specifically Quickmatch for me here in the UK) but at least you're acknowledging the issue and letting us know what's going on and I appreciate that.

it's not only easy to say "It should have been released if it's not ready"... it's also right to say that.

However I look at the game you guys have made and don't doubt that this result was never your intention as developers so I'm not gonna get on your case about it.

I hope things get sorted out soon and I appreciate that you're giving us updates.

If you have timescales that would be helpful.  Even if you "hope" to have things resolved by a certain time but can't because there's more stuff to do then at least we know what's going on and you tend to feel better about things if you're informed and up to date.

So really looking forward to playing the game instead of staring longingly at the menu screen.

Finally again, thanks for letting us know what's up and that it's being worked on.

Az

I have a question that some may be wondering about.

On PC I am still accruing CP to customize the counselors and Jason. Will all the XP that is not currently being applied to my level be applied once the database stuff gets ironed out?

I'm enjoying the game and looking forward to the issues being worked out. Thanks again!

Thanks for the update and hard work guys. I have faith that the issues will be dealt with and understand it won't be an over night fix. I personally love supporting newer dev teams because you guys care about your products and fans unlike some of the bigger companies out there who will take their time to do patches because its more about the paycheck then the product itself.  So thank you for all you are doing the game is great I have really enjoyed the matches I got into so far.

2 minutes ago, twilitezoner said:

I have a question that some may be wondering about.

On PC I am still accruing CP to customize the counselors and Jason. Will all the XP that is not currently being applied to my level be applied once the database stuff gets ironed out?

I'm enjoying the game and looking forward to the issues being worked out. Thanks again!

if i recall correctly, I read a post from them on their twitter that the level 0 bug is just a display glitch. XP progress is still being tracked on the backend and once the display bug is fixed, you should see your correct level and stuff. or something along those lines. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alcedes said:

if i recall correctly, I read a post from them on their twitter that the level 0 bug is just a display glitch. XP progress is still being tracked on the backend and once the display bug is fixed, you should see your correct level and stuff. or something along those lines. 

Ooh, that'd be nice.

I have to admit, I didn't even realize I wasn't earning xp for a while (I'm not sure how many thousands of xp I've, currently, missed out on, lol).

I earned level 10, and then, after a few matches, my initial thought was, "Wow, the level curve sure gets steep at level 10, this thing has barely moved". :lol::rolleyes:

Haha... not sure how many matches later it was that I realized it literally wasn't moving. Not that I'm usually that dim, I just wasn't focusing on leveling (and was having too much fun just playing). Still... I really want to unlock the rest of the characters and some clothing options.

Just now, Nomadder said:

Ooh, that'd be nice.

I have to admit, I didn't even realize I wasn't earning xp for a while (I'm not sure how many thousands of xp I've, currently, missed out on, lol).

I earned level 10, and then, after a few matches, my initial thought was, "Wow, the level curve sure gets steep at level 10, this thing has barely moved".

Haha... not sure how many matches later it was that I realized it literally wasn't moving. Not that I'm usually that dim, I just wasn't focusing on leveling (and was having too much fun just playing). Still... I really want to unlock the rest of the characters and some clothing options.

you are talking to a man right now who has literally not been able to play one single match since launch. Database Login Failure is brutal in my world. :(

Just now, Alcedes said:

you are talking to a man right now who has literally not been able to play one single match since launch. Database Login Failure is brutal in my world. :(

Seems to be working on Steam. I had no luck with X1. Have not really tried PS4 yet.

Just now, twilitezoner said:

Seems to be working on Steam. I had no luck with X1. Have not really tried PS4 yet.

im using steam. Database Login Failure is my bane. 

Just now, Alcedes said:

im using steam. Database Login Failure is my bane. 

You probably already know this but there was an update. I would imagine you already installed that by now.

runs fine on PS4 currently apart from the Level not advancing and CP not rally working either

24 minutes ago, Alcedes said:

Ah, that sucks. I hope it's fixed up soon for you and you get tons of enjoyment out of it. Try not to fret too much about it right now. There's much fun still to be had. :/ 

and now when its about the time of day were all the fuckin americans are coming online, servers are acting up again, i am down to level 0 again......

database login failure 4 life.

as well as "fatal error" when the cinematic for the start of the game starts rolling. Or rather doesn't.

I'm through the "understanding" part since the weekend is almost over for my part. Fix your shit.

Wouldn't it be easier to take the servers offline and do the maintenance work and them bring them back up?  I would figure it would be hard to fix the problems while people are playing, but maybe I don't get the process of fixing the servers.

I'm a little unsure about this, so I'm going to ask here:

The problem that I am experiencing is not exactly the same as what I've seen more often reported. I've not lost my level (not been reset to level 0), but my level bar is no longer moving and I'm not unlocking anything, as a result of that. However, I've been able to gain CP and purchase new Jason kills and save customization changes without any problem at all. 

So, I'm just trying to make sure... is this the same issue - just showing up in different ways?

I do hope the server issues are solved soon, for everyone's sake! The game is fantastic and I've been fortunate enough to not experience any login issues. Best of luck to all, those working on fixing things and players alike!

2 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

So, I'm just trying to make sure... is this the same issue - just showing up in different ways?

I can't say for SURE, but probably. 

That is what I have been experiencing today.

My level bar is stuck at 6 even though I am still acquiring CP from playing the game. When I try to purchase new perks the game hangs and I have to shut it down and then restart.

I have not bothered to try selecting additional Jason moves since I figured it might be related to the perk issue.

1 hour ago, Sanetsuken said:

I'm through the "understanding" part since the weekend is almost over for my part. Fix your shit.

yeah. im basically to this point as well. i have been patient for 72 fn hours. updates are far too slow. explanation is far too vague. no type of timeframe whatsoever is being given. and at this point its looking like my entire 3 day weekend is going to be gone before i get to play even one match. 

im fairly patient and understanding about things. but my good will is wearing thin

On XBOX One I managed to join and play the game twice through the game hub. Fun game. I hope they fix it soon. I will continue to try to get another game session through the hub.

I would really like to play this game and I am ready to purchase. From what I have gleaned it is patched and working on Steam, Is that correct?