Sign in to follow this  
SCREWNUT

Best Xbox One Horror Games (incl. upcoming games)

As the title suggests, what are some good Xbox one horror games out for the system (or that are coming out eventually)  I'm not including PC or PS4 titles, just Xbox one.  However they can also be coming out/released for PC and PS4.  If your looking to horror games coming out for the PS4 or PC/steam, you will find other topic threads dedicated to them in this part of the forum.  :)

One I'm waiting for is The Call of Cthulhu video game that will hopefully be released this year.  

Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Frogwares Studio have announced that they will bring a new Call of Cthulhu game to the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Call of Cthulhu will be based on the old pen-and-paper role-playing game by the same name, which is in turn based on horror fiction writer H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu short story.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/16/5316636/call-of-cthulhu-concept-art-gallery-frogwares

It's weird, I love horror movies but hate horror games. It's the jump scares and the fact that I'm in control that always puts me off from them.

With that said the RE0 HD just released and it's good. Weird that only RE games are the ones I've been able to play without taking smoke breaks every 5 minutes.

• Like 1

Other than the game mentioned above (RE Zero HD) there are a bunch of good horror games for the Xbox One such as Resident Evil HD (or Resident Evil Origins Collection which combines RE HD & RE 0 HD on a single disc) Outlast (this game is so terrifying & intense I have yet to get past the game's half way point, if you pick it up I highly recommend going with the Bundle of Terror version as it contains the game's Whistleblower DLC ), Zombi (it's a port of the Wii U game Zombi U which I personally really liked, but I know some people don't really care for since it's more slow paced), Alien Isolation - The Collection (it's very similar to Outlast in that it's also terrifying), The Evil Within (some hate this game, but I personally liked it) , Dying Light/Dying Light Enhanced Edition, The Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2, Resident Evil Revelations 2, and Metro Redux currently available for the Xbox One. As for what's in the pipe, well other than the obvious one there's Layers of Fear (which is currently available via the Xbox One game preview feature), Allison Road (the spiritual successor to P.T./Silent Hills), Outlast 2, Hunger,  Draugen, Overkill's The Walking Dead, DOOM, and hopefully a port of a upcoming PC game called Perception just to name a few. 

• Like 1

a bunch of good horror games for the Xbox One such as Resident Evil HD......... Outlast (this game is so terrifying & intense I have yet to get past the game's half way point, if you pick it up I highly recommend going with the Bundle of Terror version as it contains the game's Whistleblower DLC ), Zombi (it's a port of the Wii U game Zombi U which I personally really liked, but I know some people don't really care for since it's more slow paced), Alien Isolation - The Collection (it's very similar to Outlast in that it's also terrifying), The Evil Within (some hate this game, but I personally liked it) , Dying Light/Dying Light Enhanced Edition, The Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2, 

Have all the ones you've listed.  Great games.  Though I'm near the end of Outlast (main game).  I got so annoyed with it that I've deleted off my hard drive.  Loved Zombi.  Great game and nice different twist on the standard zombie game modes.  LOVED alien isolation as well.  

I've been eyeing up getting the Metro Collection.  Is it really good?

• Like 1

Have all the ones you've listed.  Great games.  Though I'm near the end of Outlast (main game).  I got so annoyed with it that I've deleted off my hard drive.  Loved Zombi.  Great game and nice different twist on the standard zombie game modes.  LOVED alien isolation as well.  

I've been eyeing up getting the Metro Collection.  Is it really good?

Personally I've only played a couple of hours (about 5 to 6) of the original version of Metro: Last Light for PS3 (I didn't get to finish it cause I got it through PS + and my subscription, which I never bothered to renew expired shortly after it became available), though what I did play of the game was pretty good as it was very atmospheric and challenging. I've heard that the first one (Metro 2033) wasn't as good as Last Light from a gameplay/visual standpoint, but that it was improved/brought up to Last Light's level in Metro Redux