Pamela Voorhees

Database Login Failure is apparently account related, not server related.

9 hours ago, prime_element said:

NO, its not that my files are corrupted, because I uninstalled everything labeled under Friday the 13th, Afterwards reinstalling it, and having it STILL NOT WORK! btw I have tried everything that I have been suggested and it still does this.

Then you're not listening to me. We're not talking about your files, we're talking about theirs. It's an issue on their end.

It's based on servers it is being worked on.

I'm not sure if you read the thread but its clearly an account issue. While it may be related to the servers the fact that people are able to create new accounts and play just fine shows that Wes was incorrect about not having enough servers (as adding servers had no impact on the people affected by this bug). I just want to make sure the team has proper info because another batch of server capacity increases will not help.

• Like 2

I'm from Mexico, 

I can't play the game !!!

WHATS HAPPEN?

server capacity fails?

I'm from Mexico, 

I can't play the game !!!

WHATS HAPPEN?

server capacity fails?

I can create a guest account on Xbox and it can log in no problem. I immediately try my regular account and it gives me database login failure. Sounds tied to account and not server problems, as I can get on from any other account any time I want, but have never been able to with my account.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPops said:

It's based on servers it is being worked on.

As per patch notes:

" As for those who have 'Database Login Failure' - That is a backend issue for servers. We are incrementally working on that. It is separate from the patch and will be disappearing as we work account to account. This one takes some time, but everyone will eventually have that issue removed for the population that still has it. "

I'm trying to be gracious about all this. I'm a Kickstarter backer who's been looking forward to the game for a long time. But I still can't play on my main account. My friends can login just fine. My alt account can login just fine. This is absolutely an account issue, as in, the servers (more like databases) that handle account logins have corrupted a percentage of player's accounts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pamela Voorhees said:

As per patch notes:

" As for those who have 'Database Login Failure' - That is a backend issue for servers. We are incrementally working on that. It is separate from the patch and will be disappearing as we work account to account. This one takes some time, but everyone will eventually have that issue removed for the population that still has it. "

I'm trying to be gracious about all this. I'm a Kickstarter backer who's been looking forward to the game for a long time. But I still can't play on my main account. My friends can login just fine. My alt account can login just fine. This is absolutely an account issue, as in, the servers (more like databases) that handle account logins have corrupted a percentage of player's accounts.

whats more frustrating is when the error goes away for a cpl hrs, but returns! 

The worst part is, I really wanted to play this game  I had sooo much fun in the first 6h after the release, but after getting this error since yesterday... Im losing my will to play. I can't use the product I payed 40 bucks for. I'm worried that by the time they fix it it will be too late. I'm just... Disappointed :c

2 minutes ago, MonkOfWar said:

The worst part is, I really wanted to play this game  I had sooo much fun in the first 6h after the release, but after getting this error since yesterday... Im losing my will to play. I can't use the product I payed 40 bucks for. I'm worried that by the time they fix it it will be too late. I'm just... Disappointed :c

The game is incredibly fun. That's why it hurts so much to see the launch go up in flames. I'm angry, but I'm still trying to be patient. I hope others will be as well.

20 minutes ago, spoonman said:

whats more frustrating is when the error goes away for a cpl hrs, but returns! 

Exactly. Couldn't play yesterday because of it, but was able to suddenly get in with no problems this morning on my PS4 for a few hours... then right back to this garbage. Was stoked it came out on my three day weekend. Now who cares

17 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Exactly. Couldn't play yesterday because of it, but was able to suddenly get in with no problems this morning on my PS4 for a few hours... then right back to this garbage. Was stoked it came out on my three day weekend. Now who cares

This.  Been waiting for this game for months and months.  It drops when I have a four day weekend.  And I've only been able to play for a single match in 2 days.  It's really killing any excitement I had for the game.  I've been stuck at Level 3 for a day and a half.  It's going to put me so far behind the others who can access.  It sucks. 

And when I don't get the error, I sit searching for a lobby for 30 mins at a time before getting dumped into a private lobby. 

• Like 1

Glad to see other people are having logging in errors. I've been trying for the last half an hour and can't get on. I was only playing the game a couple of hours ago!!

Well I can say that creating a guest account on Xbox One will bypass the "login failure" error.  But it doesn't do anything to get you in a lobby.  Been waiting over 20 mins........again.  I'm about to give up altogether on this.

• Like 1

I've been able to get in fine, knock on wood! The only time I had the database login error message was when I tried to skip the 2GB patch. I got home last night at a quarter till midnight, and it was almost done downloading. I also let the 1.02 update, or whatever it's called, download, and I was able to get into the game. 

My only gripe pertains to the fact that you've only a one-in-eight change of spawning as Jason Voorhees. 

I am also having this issue. My main account can't sign in but my guest account CAN. Also, cannot connect to a public match. Can only play by joining a private match with a group.  XBOXONE

BREAKING NEWS!

This just in from Gun and Illfonic, they have an update on the servers:

oZuNwt.gif

So it still is not working, I am lost for words right now :angry:

Hey I purchased the digital version of FT13th on ps4 via PS Store and I get the database login failure screen.. after some investigation i read where you guys said its a server overload... this can't be true because i have 3 ps4's and my daughter can access the game 100% of the time we are on the same LAN and I have been trying on my account since yesterday and I have yet to get paste the error screen... I feel like my account is blocked or locked up somewhere or something I've spent $80 bucks for 2 license and I cant enjoy the game with my daughter and I'm overly frustrated.. my PSN ID is illustrious2007.. can you please reset or idk find out what the issue is or give me a refund? thanks! "Yes I believe its account related!!!"

Trust me I feel your pain... I'm watching 7 of my friends show they are playing right now on PS4, including my cousin down the street. Even received personal invite... doesn't matter. Database error login crap. Beyond frustrating 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pamela Voorhees said:

As per patch notes:

Quoting this so more people read it. That is the exact problem, Wes confirmed that Database Error accounts are on corrupted server nodes. 

Sadly I am one of those.

My buddy is freely playing the game but I can not, even though I got him to buy the game so we could play together.

:(