Pamela Voorhees

Database Login Failure is apparently account related, not server related.

I heard reports of people using Steam's family share and XBox guest accounts to test if the Database Login Failure error was tied to their IP/region's connectivity with the servers or not. They said trying this allowed them to connect and play just fine using alt accounts. I have two Steam accounts so I tried it too, and my alt account is able to connect and play, but my main account hasn't been able to play once today.

This appears to be an account specific error.

• Like 2

It really is stupid, oh the account who actually paid for it can not play but hey any other one can. 

• Like 1

Yeah this appears to be my issue as well. I was playing when servers first went down, and have not been able to get in again since. Friends who I was playing with who went to bed before the crash are able to get in now just fine. =/

1 minute ago, JyusannichiKibou said:

Yeah this appears to be my issue as well. I was playing when servers first went down, and have not been able to get in again since. Friends who I was playing with who went to bed before the crash are able to get in now just fine. =/

So it seems anyone who was on at the time it first started is facing the problems, typical get punished for staying up and enjoying the game :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

So it seems anyone who was on at the time it crashed is facing the problems, typical get punished for staying up and enjoying the game :lol:

Haha yeah no kidding. A couple of theories:

1) Databases were ACID-compliant but have coherency issues between records (e.g. multiple transactions are needed to be coherent for the account to function properly, and some writes happened that were not in sync with others).

2) Databases weren't ACID-compliant and rows got corrupted.

3) Databases got written to when all our stats were zeroed (when the database went down, the gameplay servers reported all stats as 0 ) and game pukes on data set to zero when it expects of minimum of 1. (A very simple example would be the Pac Man kill screen)

An alt account certainly works. I just made a new PS4 user and it logged me right in.

1 minute ago, prime_element said:

This is a lie because I made an alternate account, and it STILL didn't work.

I just tried it with my alternate account and it worked for me, but I can't be stuffed starting from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I just tried it with my alternate account and it worked for me, but I can't be stuffed starting from scratch.

Guess we just have to wait for Gun to fix our accounts. =/ Either a scripted trawl of the database to fix corrupted entries, or an on-demand repair added to the code when it encounters a bad entry.

Just now, JyusannichiKibou said:

Guess we just have to wait for Gun to fix our accounts. =/ Either a scripted trawl of the database to fix corrupted entries, or an on-demand repair added to the code when it encounters a bad entry.

Indeed, sadly I can't see them fixing it anytime soon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Indeed, sadly I can't see them fixing it anytime soon. 

Shouldn't be too hard, on the games I worked on we had a similar problem with bugged accounts on one or two occasions -- we went the on-demand repair route for the initial fix so everyone could play, and then did the whole-database scan-and-fix later on so records were accurate for global metrics purposes. In all cases debug logs gave us stacktraces that let us identify the problem and fix it in like 4-5 hours, counting an hour or two of testing on QA dev environment.

10 minutes ago, JyusannichiKibou said:

Shouldn't be too hard, on the games I worked on we had a similar problem with bugged accounts on one or two occasions -- we went the on-demand repair route for the initial fix so everyone could play, and then did the whole-database scan-and-fix later on so records were accurate for global metrics purposes. In all cases debug logs gave us stacktraces that let us identify the problem and fix it in like 4-5 hours, counting an hour or two of testing on QA dev environment.

Well heres hoping it is only 4-5 hours :), I only said that as I thought someone said they were done for the night, since there have been no updates on twitter since the last one which was 7 hours ago.

Just now, Daveo said:

Well heres hoping it is only 4-5 hours :), I only said that as I thought someone said they were done for the night, since there have been no updates on twitter since the last one which was 7 hours ago.

Their team is small and they were probably all-hands-on-deck for launch. Humans need to sleep or they make horrible mistakes. They don't have enough people for proper 24/7 coverage methinks.

They got the game (mostly) working and now there's a minority of us who are still screwed, now they need rest in order to be alive and awake in order to get it fixed. I bet it gets fixed in around 4 hours *after they wake up*.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prime_element said:

This is a lie because I made an alternate account, and it STILL didn't work.

It's not a lie simply because you are one of the few people it didn't work on. What's clear is that there's a bug corrupting profiles and it seems to hit only a percentage of players. What likely happened is that your profile got corrupted on your main account, and your secondary account just happened to also get corrupted. The vast vast majority of players who have tried this have reported success meaning its not possible that this is a connectivity issue from the servers considering these people are using the same connection in the same house on the same computer with the only thing different being a new account.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nax said:

It's not a lie simply because you are one of the few people it didn't work on. What's clear is that there's a bug corrupting profiles and it seems to hit only a percentage of players. What likely happened is that your profile got corrupted on your main account, and your secondary account just happened to also get corrupted. The vast vast majority of players who have tried this have reported success meaning its not possible that this is a connectivity issue from the servers considering these people are using the same connection in the same house on the same computer with the only thing different being a new account.

NO, its not that my files are corrupted, because I uninstalled everything labeled under Friday the 13th, Afterwards reinstalling it, and having it STILL NOT WORK! btw I have tried everything that I have been suggested and it still does this.

• Like 1

I too had to make an Alt account on the PS4, was playing some 7-6 hours last night on my main account, but all day today I was getting the "Database Login Failure" message. I'm able to play just fine on the alt account but not the one I bought it on.

• Like 1

Noob question but I just got a PS4 and I am having this issue as well. How do I make an alternative account? 

1 minute ago, Trigs703 said:

Noob question but I just got a PS4 and I am having this issue as well. How do I make an alternative account? 

Do you have more than one email address?

1 minute ago, Trigs703 said:

On the PS4 homepage, press up and go to power, then select switch user/profile(Something like that) which will bring you to a menu where you can add a new user. Create one and set up a new email so you will be able to get online(As long as your main account has PS+). If you don't have a spare email, make a new one in advance. 

Just now, Trigs703 said:

Do I have to create and buy a new PlayStation plus membership?

Nope, you're good

• Like 1

If the main account that is activated as the primary Ps4, has a ps plus subscription, any other accounts can use it as well. 

• Like 1