Darker

Jason Voorhees VS Michael Myers

jason_vs__michael_myers_by_andrewmangum.

Who is more intimidating?

Who is more original?

Who is more classic?

Who is more bad-ass?

Who would win in a fight?

Care to explain why Jason is better than Michael if taking those 5 questions into account?

well he is more intimidating, his origin and story is more original, he is to me more classic cause i saw him before michael, he is DEFINITNLY more badass and he would whoop Michaels Ass in a fight every time.

easy as that.

They're both effective villains in their own way. While I slightly prefer Jason, Michael is still a great villain. Despite their similarities, I think they're distinctive in the sense Michael is much more of a purely evil figure while Jason is more primal and animalistic, and is a much more tragic figure whereas Michael is far more evil.

As for who wins, it could go either way. It'd depend on which versions, the settings, the advantages/disadvantages for both, etc.

• Like 1

At the risk of being hated by both sides , Jason is by far a more brutal and intimidating force . He is much bigger considering I go with the original body types of 6'1" and around 190 - 200 lbs Michael and a 6'4" 240 - 260 lbs Jason .

Why then do I prefer Michael Myers to Jason ? I guess it is the mask . I feel some kind of kindred feeling with the emotionless pale mask . The Hockey Mask is sweet and I am so glad that Jason found that look that just perfects him , but still I am drawn to Samhain and the spirit and environment of the Halloween series . Jason and Michael are like vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice creams . Though I may find one personally more satisfying , I am glad we live in a world that offers both .

• Like 1

The blankness of Michael's mask has always been highly unnerving, whereas Jason's hockey mask looks akin to a tribal warrior mask or something of that sort.

• Like 1

Who is more intimidating?

Who is more original?

Who is more classic?

Who is more bad-ass?

Who would win in a fight?

More intimidating - while both are formidable figures I would say just by his sheer size that Jason is the more intimidating of the two

More original - this is a tough one, while Jason's backstory is an interesting one I prefer Michaels just because it's so mysterious, how a boy with such a normal upbringing could just snap just seems like a better origin story.

More classic - also a close one, of the two I think that Michael clinches this one just cause the mysterious killer thing has been done before but none I think done as well as Michael.

More badass - this is an easy one, Jason all the way. You can't get more badass than beating a person in a sleeping bag to death against a tree.

Who would win in a fight - this one depends on which form of Jason Michael is fighting. If it is the living and breathing Jason then it would be a close fight but I think Michael would win, Jason would have a speed advantage but Michael can take more of a beating and still get up. If we are talking about undead Jason then in that fight Jason wins cause no matter what amount of damage Michael can take it wouldn't be anything near that Jason could take. Plus undead Jason seems proportionately stronger than living Jason so that would tip the scales even more in Jason's favor. So given what I have said and the fact most people refer to Undead Jason when they think of him I say in a fight... Jason wins.

• Like 3

^ end of discussion lol. I think they feel like, Michael is the "spirit" of...(insert: halloween, evil, samhain, etc,), and Jason is like an "elemental" like nature, or karma. An elemental has more of a physically harming ability while spiritual things erode away at things over time.

This ones tough for me. I always viewed Jason as sort of the badass, "cool" slasher. Pototato sack Jason scared me more than the hockey mask. The hockey mask is what made him cool to me.

But Michael really scared me a lot more. That mask creeped me out as a child, and was a great reflection of who he really was. As Dr. Loomis once said, he had this "blank, emotionless face. And the blackest eyes...the Devils eyes."

More intimidating: stand face to face with either one of them and tell me you're not intimidated by one of them hehe.

More original: Michael, simply because he did it first.

More classic: Michael: see more original comment.

More badass: Tie

Who would win: see e.txcountryboys answer.

I'm gonna say Michael because he never had to evolve or come full circle and there was no sympathy of any kind for him he's an unstoppable force of nature when you see Michael Myers don't look just at him but the shadowy leviathan behind him it make Michael the personification of pure evil.

Jason on the other hand while I love him to death (Giggity) he needed to come full circle and evolve before he became the legend we all know and love. At first he was merely a bullied child then he became the sack wearing killer in the woods the he was the injured unsure of his ability maniac in the Hockey mask, in part 4 he came full circle as an Unstoppable monster and finally with part 7 he became legend.  

Well of course he needed to evolve. Characters need development to become better.

Either that or they start as great characters, which both Michael and Jason did.

Well of course he needed to evolve. Characters need development to become better.

Either that or they start as great characters, which both Michael and Jason did.

I think only Michael started out a Great Jason while pretty good needed to grow into it

I think Michael would win just because he seems more evil i mean he killed his sister when he was 6 years old. Jason became a psychopath because he drowned and seen his mother being beheaded, Michael was born a psychopath.

Here's my 2¢ I feel like Michael is more of a psychological terror than Jason he sort of embodies an evil presence lurking in the shadows. He Sort of drives the person into insanity as people see and he vanishes him but is it really him or is the person losing it.

Jason is a brutal force driven by revenge and raw power. He does lurk in to shadows but once he attacks he is coming until someone's dead.

Against original, human Jason I give it to Michael.

Against later, zombified Jason I'd have to go with Jason.

The thing about Michael is (discounting the Rob Zombie iteration) there is a lot of mystery surrounding his origins and where his powers stem from. He's got ties to the Cult of Thorn and has been described as "pure evil" but the cult plot thread fell short before it could properly be examined. We don't know how much damage he can take and still keep on kicking, whereas Jason has gone through much more and come back from it, including a machete to the head. I'd say this SEEMINGLY gives Jason the edge while I'm much more inclined to believe that Michael is more likely of the two to realise simply hacking and slashing wouldn't work and would have to try more alternative methods.

Here's my 2¢ I feel like Michael is more of a psychological terror than Jason he sort of embodies an evil presence lurking in the shadows. He Sort of drives the person into insanity as people see and he vanishes him but is it really him or is the person losing it.

Jason is a brutal force driven by revenge and raw power. He does lurk in to shadows but once he attacks he is coming until someone's dead.

Michael does have the more creepier feel as he stalks his victims for a while before killing them with Jason its see someone then bam machete to the throat or any other of his lethal methods

Michael is definitely scarier and more intimidating, but when it comes to a fight, Jason clobbers him.

Jason outclasses Michael in every aspect. Michael gets heavily injured by bullets in Halloween 4, while Jason shrugs them off like they're nothing in Part 9 and Jason X. Michael gets stopped by a metal gate in H20, while Jason can bend steel and break out of metal chains. Michael is sneaky, but Jason is even more so and is a hell of a lot more creative and versatile with weaponry. Plus, a machete is a better weapon in every respect to a knife.

This video does a good job examining it:

Furthermore, we have a thread to cover ALL horror movie match ups, so that way we don't have a million of them. Use it in the future: http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/400-horror-match-ups/

And if we're including the comics, Jason has Wolverine-like regeneration and is strong enough to hold a car from escaping with his bare hands and strong enough to make a head explode just from punching it. Oh, and he's also intelligent enough to "use" machine guns.

One thing I notice about the human Jason is he's never been shot with firepower unlike the undead Jason in 6-10. He still took a ton of damage and pain even when in his more human state, but how might he react to being shot all over like at the beginning of JGTH? He'd surely bleed much more and I could see him being incapacitated quicker, but I think he'd eventually re-animate and re-awaken.