On Xbox, my main account is showing as level 0 and is unable to connect. I'm getting the database error. However, I am able to immediately sign in with no problems when I switch to a guest account. I believe somehow my main account (Gamertag: TheMindfulSheep) became corrupted in your database preventing me from connecting, which would explain why it shows as level 0 in offline mode. I'm wondering if this might explain why many others are also getting the database error trying to connect.

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to report this. I apologize if it's not.

My son is experiencing the same thing.  Tried on 2 other xboxes and then had other users login before and after him just fine.  Xbox as well.  Gamertag S2uir7

Hey Mindful, this isn't an answer as to how to solve your problem, but doing a little searching I was able to find that if you want to play for now, you need to add a guest to your account and then use that as the profile for F13.

same thing is happening to me. and as soon as I try to sign in as a guest it works on 1st try. Not sure how to fix this but that seems to the problem. Thanks for your time.

Hi, I just want to confirm that this is the issue with the PC version as well. If you get this error while using Steam, if you have another account and use "Family Share" which enables you to run your copy of Friday the 13th on a different Steam account, then it will suddenly work (albeit on a different profile).

Whatever the issue is, it's basically not reading certain accounts.

Just in case someone from the team looks at this, just wanted to give some troubleshooting I've done.

Restarted Xbox One (both soft and hard resets)

Removed save files (Both cloud and on device (individually and then both together))

Removed and re-installed game

Not sure what else I could do troubleshooting-wise, but thought I would throw what I've done out there.

Your account is bugged on their service, so nothing you can do is going to solve that. The developers will have to figure out what is screwing up the accounts and then either return the accounts or simply erase the old ones so you can begin again.

I'd like to caution people not to get their hopes up that their progress is saved. Thankfully this is only the first day of release so there wouldn't be serious progress lost if there was an actual corruption. But better to not get your hopes up as corrupted data can be very tricky to deal with, especially when we're talking about a very small indie game studio.

11 minutes ago, nax said:

Your account is bugged on their service, so nothing you can do is going to solve that. The developers will have to figure out what is screwing up the accounts and then either return the accounts or simply erase the old ones so you can begin again.

I'd like to caution people not to get their hopes up that their progress is saved. Thankfully this is only the first day of release so there wouldn't be serious progress lost if there was an actual corruption. But better to not get your hopes up as corrupted data can be very tricky to deal with, especially when we're talking about a very small indie game studio.

I will be pissed if I lost my progress to be honest, today has already sucked out all the joy of last nights gaming I would probably move onto another game for a while. They really need to get on top of this, I understand they are a small company but the longer it goes on the more damage it will cause. 

You just have to read the the shitstorm on social media at the moment, the lack of updates does not help either.

I really don't mind if I end up losing progress. I'll get that progress back eventually. I just wanted to help make the developers aware of this issue if they already weren't aware. I just hope for their sake that this is an issue that can be repaired without having to go through each account individually. I can't imagine the amount of work that would entail for such a small team. 

Are you dashboarding as soon as you sign in with your main account? 

Yes i was. For some reason it would work randomly on my main account, like 1 out of 100 tries it somehow worked. So i played until i ranked up and created new save data to overwrite the old corrupt one, and now its fixed and works everytime. Now on my 2nd account I've been trying to do the same thing but haven't had any luck getting it to work.

fix:

Go to manage game > then save data files>profile>delete from everywhere

Make sure your profile is gone after deleting. This will NOT delete your progress , and will allow you to sign in with your account