1 hour ago, Riot said:

Sadly, seems like it's a regular practice from Gun Media to ignore important issues. After so many mistakes at launch they could try their best to be a good guys to the community, but they are doing just the opposite. I am surprised that they answered here, while on steam forums and reddit they usually just prenetding like they were never asked the question. But at least they have the courage to admit that for some reasons they put problems of secondary platforms over major bug that not allowing people on main platform to even play they game.

As for error - i recieving it in 80% of my games. Seems like actions causing it, any type of action - hitting someone, opening drawer, taking an item, using an ability, even jumping trough the window. Even if spectated player does this - your game has big chance to crush.

Said it a few times now, that's what is worrying me that the game will be made stable (server wise) a few tweaks here and there and *poof* we won't hear a peep from them regarding this.

I thought it was action related at first but if you go back a page, when I actually gave a shit trying to debunk it, I was logging when it happened which included just crouching, walking, running...it's just completely random as far as I can tell, however I do feel an action does raise the chance of it happening greatly.

The patch came out, the problem remained. Threw out of the game in the first game for Jason. When can I play normally?:(:(:(

rhaUmcoEQuo.jpg

20 hours ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

With regards to the Jason that found you, it was probably your fear meter, unfortunately we're not allowed to know our fear level for whatever random reason.

That might have been the reason. Didn't consider that, thanks.

Glad to hear that this issue has been acknowledged and I'm hoping it will be worked on in the not so far future.

On a side note: I have the same issues (1. the first started/loaded game after booting up the PC always crashes just after the loading screen and 2. the random game crashes because the display driver seems to have crashed) with Subnautica, which afaik uses the Unity engine. The random crashes don't happen as often as they do here, but it also seems to be related to workload. Since both AMD and NVidia users are affected here, maybe it's something the devs can't work out completely, but maybe a result of how display drivers in general handle some DX instructions (on older hardware, since so far I haven't seen complaints from people using newer graphics cards than GTX 9xx and Radeon 3xx series; but maybe I just missed those posts) these days or something like this.

RX480, same shit as everybody here, ofc.

Thx for acknowledging though. Btw we all know you're a small company etc, maybe that's something you can change right? You know, hire some good coders? Here's hoping us players suffering this issue become a priority anytime soon...

• Like 1

Noticed on the Unreal bug report that the issue isn't listed for UE 4.16, released as stable last week.
Could implementing this be a long-term solution?

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40807

Update: As another thought, as the bug report mentions it being caused by built-up strain on the GPU, has anyone else noticed 99-100% gpu usage even when in menus?

Edited by The Suspect
fixed last update accidentally linking to bug report

18 hours ago, The Suspect said:

Noticed on the Unreal bug report that the issue isn't listed for UE 4.16, released as stable last week.
Could implementing this be a long-term solution?

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-40807

Update: As another thought, as the bug report mentions it being caused by built-up strain on the GPU, has anyone else noticed 99-100% gpu usage even when in menus?

There is less strain on my GPU when playing ARK (Multiplayer) than when I am sat on the main menu of F13.

Says it all really.

Uninstalled, can't be fucked anymore.

When is already profitable? When can I play? Why should I suffer? Each game the game takes to the desktop with an error.

x_ZZ380v7Z4.jpg

On 2017-5-27 at 4:27 AM, AgentParsec said:

I'm getting a similar error, except it's slightly different, "RESET" instead of "HUNG":

f13th_error.png

Still happening, but only when I'm in the menus outside of a match, never in a match itself.  Which means I can reduce the risk of it happening if I don't linger on those menus for too long.  Hopefully that helps narrow down what's causing it.

This is the exact error I get a few times every night, although in my case, it always happens DURING a match. Sometimes while I'm gaming, sometimes while I'm espectating because I already escaped/died.

I think it never happened to me while in the menu or in lobbies.

I run W10, i-5 6600k, RX480, 16Gb DDR4. Updated system, although I had the error with 2 months old gpu drivers aswell.

1920x1080, v-sync off.

Decided to play with some friends, got two games in with the usual message along with this one:

bmdINQB.png

I feel like a steam achievement is in order at this point "Get D3D 1,000 times"

6 minutes ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Decided to play with some friends, got two games in with the usual message along with this one:

bmdINQB.png

Not sure if thats 100% related, could be either a corrupted system file or bad drivers.

Have you tried "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command prompt?

17 minutes ago, The Suspect said:

Not sure if thats 100% related, could be either a corrupted system file or bad drivers.

Have you tried "sfc /scannow" from an elevated command prompt?

It's related to EAC.

Dunno why I am bothering to post anymore.

3 minutes ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

It's related to EAC.

Dunno why I am bothering to post anymore.

So EAC's blocking access to the required DirectX renderer files? 

Seems like theres alot more to this than I thought :/

13 minutes ago, The Suspect said:

So EAC's blocking access to the required DirectX renderer files? 

Seems like theres alot more to this than I thought :/

Not a clue, fed up with this shite now, ain't doing the devs job by trying to fix it or debug it.

It's an absolute joke that they even released the game in this state considering this had been reported in beta and now they're saying it's not a priority.

20 hours ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

absolute joke that they even released the game in this state considering this had been reported in beta and now they're saying it's not a priority.

Maybe it's not our priority to play? Unfortunately, I almost hit 3 hours of play, so refund option doesn't seem to work as I want. This is really sad, but I don't want to do other's job. There is not way to fix it.

Add me to this list. I've been maybe a crash, or 2 a day until today. I've been getting the following error this whole day (4+ times). Here are my rig specs:

AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz (4 cores, 8 threads)

XFX AMD RX-480 8gb 256-bit

16gb DDR3 1600 G. Skill Ripjaws

480 Sandisk Ultra II SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm HDD

When I am playing, I am also streaming on OBS to Twitch a lot of the time. Fortunately I've tried this enough ways to know it's not my drivers, not Windows and not because I am streaming as I have made sure my drivers are up to date but, not beta, my OBS Studio is up to date, tried with and with out streaming, made sure all uneccessary programs I can find are killed and watched to make sure my card isn't overheating. This is something the devs should really look at.

UPDATE: I believe my D3D problems were caused by my stream scaling resolution down to 1280x720 to improve framerate. So far things are going well but, I'll re-edit if that ends up not solving.

UPDATE #2: Problem is still persisting even after I got the game to run for a couple matches. With the AMD users out there seeing relatively same issues, this needs to looked into by the devs honestly... I know you're all humans with lives and plates full of honey-do lists so, I don't expect this right meow but, at least over the near future (oh say like month?) I think is somewhat of a decent timeline. 

Update 3: I have tried playing other games now and the stream still crashes but, the other games recover unlike F13 where I get a full crash.

D3D_error.png

I think an occasional reminder that the issue is persisting is healthy for the development of the game.  Depending on management and resources, the company may be hoping it's all being imagined or it will go away.  These posts prevent that delusion. If they have a good manager, then they are prioritizing based on number of people having the issue.

But bottom line, this is a game-breaking bug for nearly an entire hardware family, looks like a well known and established bug, and yes devs, it's *STILL* happening.

• Like 2

So i searched around and found out that it's a common issue and exists in many other ue games, here is resolution of this:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/545292/unreal-engine-is-exiting-due-to-d3d-device-being-l-3.html

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-42280

In the meantime, every thrid game in F13 now ends on crashing. Gun Media could at least try asking other UE developers who handled the issue (i never encountered it in many UE games) for help, but they decided to just put the problem to the "later" box.

17 minutes ago, Riot said:

Gun Media could at least try asking other UE developers who handled the issue

At this point I'm pretty sure it's something that needs to be addressed by Unreal, they said it should be fixed by v4.17.

Also that bug lists using -DX12 as a launch param to fix the issue, has anyone had luck with this?

1 hour ago, The Suspect said:

At this point I'm pretty sure it's something that needs to be addressed by Unreal, they said it should be fixed by v4.17.

Also that bug lists using -DX12 as a launch param to fix the issue, has anyone had luck with this?

Suspect,

Is that switch forcing DX12 mode, or disabling the possibility of it launching as?

39 minutes ago, ninjagonepostal said:

Suspect,

Is that switch forcing DX12 mode, or disabling the possibility of it launching as?

It doesn't actually say in the official UE docs, but common belief seems to be that it forces the game to run with DX12 enabled

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/unreal-tournament-discussion/ut-game-general-discussion/14252-ue4-win64-shipping-exe-command-line-arguments-or-launch-options

UPDATE: Some sources say to use -D3D12 instead to force it on the backend, will test both tonight

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3ho0ea/play_directx_12_now_with_any_udk4_game/

Edited by The Suspect
added note about -D3D12

So, I have determined that it may be my OBS that is hanging my display card and causing F13 to crash. I noticed this when I started my stream via Twitch alone with no game running and the program hung like it was swinging from a rope.

Edit: I've tried with -DX12 and -D3D12. Both are invalid args.

invalid.PNG

Well im also having the same issue. Mostly HUNG but had RESTART few times aswell. Also user of AMD.

PC spec: AMD fx(tm)-8300 8core 3.30 GHz processor

AMD radeon (TM) R9 380 series graphic card

16G ram couldnt find name.

Its also happening quite often. And completely randomly. Literally everything can make it drop. Ive had alot of experience with this crash and i can ensure you i had one even while spectating.

Signed up just so I can report this problem. I have the same crashes as you guys. Let's put pressure on the developers so they fix this as soon as possible.

I tried to refund but they don't allow it after 2 hour gameplay. Sickening.

Mostly I blame VALVE, they have no standards anymore. If this isn't fixed in the next 30 days I recommend we start a group effort for a refund.