Had this on and off all day, seems to happen 95% of the time whilst spectating / dead.

Tired of having to reload the game, rejoin friends twice just to get in their game as the patch still hasn't come out and enduring the ridiculously loud intro music on the Unreal video.

Defended and support the game non stop but this is seriously starting to get tiresome when this bug has been reported multiple times, it's not just a "Oh my achievements aren't showing" it's a full blown issue that I would at least like a reply too.

TYodlY5.png

Also had this one once:

Dj36RXy.png

I'm getting a similar error, except it's slightly different, "RESET" instead of "HUNG":

f13th_error.png

Still happening, but only when I'm in the menus outside of a match, never in a match itself.  Which means I can reduce the risk of it happening if I don't linger on those menus for too long.  Hopefully that helps narrow down what's causing it.

Still getting this today, actually whilst playing now instead of spectator which makes it even worse.

My completely uneducated guess is it's something in the game / engine telling the game the graphics drivers have crashed, when they haven't, as it will freeze for a second, unfreeze and then it'll crash with error. Played a lot of games on the Unreal engine recently and never ran into this issue before.

I've come across this : https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/545292/unreal-engine-is-exiting-due-to-d3d-device-being-l-3.html

I am trying out the TDR Manipulator now, requires a PC restart so once I crash again i'll do a restart and report back.

Edit:

No change, crashed just as I escaped this time, hope that counted!

Edit 2:

Updated drivers, set lowest settings, underclocked, disabled second monitor, reinstalled the game and STILL crashing.

Lucky if I even get to play one game, it went from just happening in spectate mode to just completely random times now, this is a joke.

Crashed about 20 times today, finally get Jason, used an ability and crash again...yet to hear a dev comment on this issue, internet has thrown back nothing but same issues over multiple games (at least 6 that I have seen) with this same engine. This is pathetic.

Well i have the same issue. If im lucky i can play 1 game without D3D fatal error but usually i crash every single game.

My specs:

i5 4460

R9 380

8gb ram

Windows 10 64 bit

All drivers updated

Lv1 Magikarp be careful not to double post. I have merged all 3 of your posts.

6 hours ago, JPops said:

Lv1 Magikarp be careful not to double post. I have merged all 3 of your posts.

Cool.  Now, is there going to be a response to them?

• Like 1

Probably the 40th time today, god knows how much XP I've lost, I am literally all out of ideas, google is offering nothing new and nothing what so ever has worked.

Only common thing I see is AMD.

Only reason I am still trying to play is my mates are playing and one of them kindly bought it for me.

MaDojP7.png

Edit : New record, just happened again in under 9 minutes from this one ^ as Jason.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1291817208496211240/?ctp=2

Steam group with the same issues.

Edit:

So you can spare people to work on DLC but can't spare a minute to reply to this issue? Yet I see you replying to 12 year olds on steam discussions spamming all in caps "WHY NO FIX ACHIEVEMENTS".

Edit:

Like stated, this is happening on other games and they know what it is and have fixed / fixing it:

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/14427-how-to-find-whats-causing-crashes/

This is happening for me too, basically every other game. The only difference is it is NOT happening for me as often when spectating, it's actually mid-match 90% of the time, which is incredibly frustrating. 

I have tried lowering the clocking on my gpu (recommended as a fix on DBD) as well as installing all the Unreal files. Nothing has fixed it.

i5-4460
8 gb ram
Windows 10 64 bit
AMD R9 380

(actually my specs are pretty much the same as Akbashnak)

Is everyone else with this issue using AMD? I reported this same problem back in the beta and as I recall, others were using AMD.

Reinstalled the game and updated my drivers. Will let you guys know if that fixes anything.

Edit: Nope, still crashing.

The same problem torments. All drivers are updated.

Radeon software version - 17.5.2
Radeon Software Editorial - Crimson ReLive
Chipset graphics - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
The amount of memory is 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
The core frequency is 980 MHz
Windows version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
Type of CPU - Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

LPzzuV4Nfnk.jpg

EtIYmtjndFU.jpg

• Like 1

Another AMD report.

While I don't want a ton of people to have this issue, I can't help but feel like we won't get this addressed unless the devs see that it's not just 1 or 2 people having the issue. So if you see anyone posting about this anywhere let's try to show the devs. There are a lot of people posting about it on the Steam forums, some have offered "fixes" that have not worked for the rest of us. 

The issue is on the side of the devs. I get that they have a lot of other stuff they're dealing with right now. But it's beyond frustrating to have a game constantly crash halfway through a match. It's unplayable at this point.

5 minutes ago, chris99x said:

Another AMD report.

While I don't want a ton of people to have this issue, I can't help but feel like we won't get this addressed unless the devs see that it's not just 1 or 2 people having the issue. So if you see anyone posting about this anywhere let's try to show the devs. There are a lot of people posting about it on the Steam forums, some have offered "fixes" that have not worked for the rest of us. 

The issue is on the side of the devs. I get that they have a lot of other stuff they're dealing with right now. But it's beyond frustrating to have a game constantly crash halfway through a match. It's unplayable at this point.

I absolutely agree with you. Developers should quickly solve this problem. AMD does not have anything to do with it, it's a jamb of developers. This problem for all owners of video cards R9 380

• Like 1

Okay, I just now had it right at the start of a game in which I was Jason.  Don't know what happens when Jason disconnects, but I guess everyone else in the game will find out.

6 minutes ago, AgentParsec said:

Okay, I just now had it right at the start of a game in which I was Jason.  Don't know what happens when Jason disconnects, but I guess everyone else in the game will find out.

they'll probably just assume you rage quit. had that happen to me when i ended up in a lobby with some people I crashed on. oh well, they got their 500 exp and whatever else they get for surviving. 

3 hours ago, chris99x said:

they'll probably just assume you rage quit. had that happen to me when i ended up in a lobby with some people I crashed on. oh well, they got their 500 exp and whatever else they get for surviving. 

It seems unlikely that they would assume I rage quit because of getting Jason.  It was literally the moment after I gained control of Jason, before Pamela Vorhees' message to Jason had completed.  Maybe if it happened mid-match they would think I quit due to some frustration, but not at the start I would think.

In any case, it would be very nice to get some kind of notice from the devs that this issue is being worked on, or at least some kind of acknowledgement that they heard about our issue.

• Like 1

As everyone else has probably realised by now there is little we can do, the devs have still not replied to this issue anywhere, it's been ignored on twitter, steam discussions and here. Now they've taken to post on Facebook as well, not sure what else we can do when the official forum seems to be the last place they check and messages elsewhere fall on deaf ears!

Yeah, unfortunately I'm done with the game until this gets fixed. I actually had 2 matches in a row no issue, then a third was going really well until I was about to escape in the car after an intense match. It always seems to crash at the worst possible time.

I know it's futile especially since someone with a nvidia  card has also thrown their hat into the ring, but I did send a message to AMD about it as well. I'll try to continue contacting the devs wherever I can to make sure we're heard. I'm sure they do pay attention to these bug reports to some degree but as I said previously, I did report the issue back in December and it's still happening in the release build.

1 hour ago, chris99x said:

Yeah, unfortunately I'm done with the game until this gets fixed. I actually had 2 matches in a row no issue, then a third was going really well until I was about to escape in the car after an intense match. It always seems to crash at the worst possible time.

I know it's futile especially since someone with a nvidia  card has also thrown their hat into the ring, but I did send a message to AMD about it as well. I'll try to continue contacting the devs wherever I can to make sure we're heard. I'm sure they do pay attention to these bug reports to some degree but as I said previously, I did report the issue back in December and it's still happening in the release build.

That's what worries me most, on top of getting no feedback these past few days, not even a "We'll look into it" they've also chosen not to do anything from when it was reported last time.

It's not just annoying for us, me and a mate have ran into a lot of nice people whilst playing the game so we all generally play together with a full lobby so if I crash out it's effecting them all too, lost count how many times I have crashed whilst being Jason or about to escape; they're as pissed about this as we are.

Just goes to show why a proper beta test is needed with a larger pool of players.

Edit:

Managed to play a whole 2 games before crashing today, same error as always.

I also have this issue, can confirm I have AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series as well.

Edit: Drivers are also up-to-date Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.5.2

11 hours ago, Viktor.A said:

The same problem torments. All drivers are updated.

Radeon software version - 17.5.2
Radeon Software Editorial - Crimson ReLive
Chipset graphics - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
The amount of memory is 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
The core frequency is 980 MHz
Windows version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
Type of CPU - Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

LPzzuV4Nfnk.jpg

EtIYmtjndFU.jpg

you have the same pc settings as me, exept the cpu, mine is AMD.

But i got this crash in another day too