Rotting Corpse

Explain Your Avatar

My avatar is the logo from the Royal Shakespeare Company's ill-fated attempt in 1988 to turn Stephen King's classic horror novel "Carrie" into a stage musical.

After a two-week engagement in England and a chaotic two-week preview period in New York, "Carrie The Musical" officially opened on Broadway at the Virginia Theatre on May 8, 1988 to horrendous reviews...and closed four days later after 16 previews and five performances, losing its entire investment of $8 million. Now considered a cult musical, "Carrie" was reworked and played a limited Off-Broadway run in 2012.

Below is the showcard for the New York production. The role of Carrie's religious fanatic mother Margaret White was played in England by Barbara Cook, who passed away earlier this month. For the New York production, Margaret was played by Betty Buckley, who played the role of gym teacher "Miss Collins" in the 1976 film version of "Carrie."

CarrieNY.jpg

4 hours ago, Virtualize said:

Mine is the default because I can't upload an image due to a...0.05mb limit?

I had to use a website to resize my image to be under 50kb.

I change my avatar too often, but with this current one it's a bit of a reference to how I use Daimyo, which started out as a little joke because of my interest in Japanese history and also playing as the Samurai all the time in Chivalry Deadliest Warrior and being hyped by Nioh when it was first announced.