Last night, my group and I decided to try to kill Jason and we proved successful after the second try once we figured out how to get it right. However, only Tommy Jarvis received the achievement Killing Jason. While I can fully understand the campers standing around shouldn't get the achievement, it seems odd to me that the one other key component doesn't receive anything. As well as Tommy Jarvis, you need a female character wearing Jason's mother's sweater in order to distract him. Without her, there is no killing Jason. Period. I would think at the very least those two characters should receive the achievement (or some sort of achievement; perhaps the female receives a "distraction" or "Jason's Mother" achievement, something like that.) I know in our game, I had to be the one who stunned Jason, so perhaps as well as another character if they are the one to stun Jason if the girl wearing his mother's sweater couldn't manage to successfully hit Jason. Taking down Jason is not possible without teamwork and at least 2 or 3 characters playing very specific roles and causing damage.

It is nothing myself nor anyone was angry about. We were simply stumped and were discussing it at the time as it seemed odd.

Just food for thought. :)

That's what makes the achievement so rare and elusive.

It's incredibly specific... the fact that the internet ruined the mystisim behind the entire thing 2 days before the game even launched is reward in itself honestly...

The only way to really do this without any issues is by boosting in private lobbies. Considering that setting this whole thing up with friends takes zero effort to do, the achievement really isn't worth a damn if you earn it legit or otherwise... so no, I don't agree with the co-player involved getting rewarded...

There's already an achievement or badge for distracting him with the sweater, you have to do it 3 times though to get the achievement I think.

3 minutes ago, XRizerX said:

That's what makes the achievement so rare and elusive.

It's incredibly specific... the fact that the internet ruined the mystisim behind the entire thing 2 days before the game even launched is reward in itself honestly...

The only way to really do this without any issues is by boosting in private lobbies. Considering that setting this whole thing up with friends takes zero effort to do, the achievement really isn't worth a damn if you earn it legit or otherwise... so no, I don't agree with the co-player involved getting rewarded...

There's already an achievement or badge for distracting him with the sweater, you have to do it 3 times though to get the achievement I think.

I actually had the sweater on earlier when voice chat was down. I stunned him and everything, didn't do any good - couldn't communicate with anyone. -_-

I actually posted this and next day received an achievement, so co-player does receive a reward, if not the entire group (although I'm not sure about that.)

Cant wait to see what Trophys you can earn when single player is released.