Rotting Corpse

Ghostbusters

I guess it's debatable if these are straight-up Horror but I always considered them Horror-Comedies in the same vein of movies like Return Of The Living Dead and the Evil Dead sequels, so I think it fits.

Long-time fan of both movies (including the second which I think is sorely underrated and gets a lot of unfair scorn) and also love the cartoon series and the 2009 video game which essentially is the third movie in game form. Any other fans here? Both movies are among my all-time favorites and I've seen them both endlessly, so rewatchable and entertaining. They're the quintessential Horror-Comedies with just as many laughs as scares and both are infinitely quotable and have so many great moments. The Terror Dogs, library ghost, Stay Puft, Vigo, the river of slime, the Scoleri Brothers, the Statue Of Liberty, etc. both movies are so awesome.

I'm not excited about the upcoming reboot at all which to me reeks of another unnecessary remake of a classic. I'm not even totally anti-remake but this is a film that doesn't need it at all to me. For me the video game is the true third chapter and finale.

• Like 1

Childhood heroes! i oo love BOTH movies.

They're the quintessential Horror-Comedies with just as many laughs as scares and both are infinitely quotable and have so many great moments. The Terror Dogs, library ghost, Stay Puft, Vigo, the river of slime, the Scoleri Brothers, the Statue Of Liberty, etc. both movies are so awesome.

totally agree!!

The all female reboot has me completely uninterested but not because its all female but because of the approach and the cast. i HATE Melissa McCarthy, dont find her funny at all and simply annoying as F, the two chicks from SNL I dont care about either cause i dont like SNL (yup, not funny either, except for the news segment. its just not the same anymore kinda). Only Kristen Wiig was in my "fan casting" so to say. 
And having the original actors in Cameos but not as their original characters is just completely stupid i think.

With a different approach to the story (which still could be good, since I havent seen the film yet / havent read the plot) I would have been totally down with it. A quasi soft-reboot so to say.

• Like 2

I love ghostbusters! I had a chance to meet dan ayrkroyd which was awesome he's a really cool guy in person.

I have zero interest in the reboot. I usually am not a fan of reboots as a whole. My thoughts are stop being lazy and come up with actual fresh ideas for a change.

Anything other than the original cast which we will never see (RIP Harold Ramis) will never be ghostbusters.

• Like 2

I'm excited for the toys!  As a collector of strange things, the original toys are way too expensive to even begin to collect.  Almost anything that comes out with Ghostbusters name skyrockets to the hundreds of dollars.  Just look at the board game put out over kickstarter.  Yikes.

So with 90% of Fans hating this reboot for various reasons, I'm hoping the toys will be cheap and in low print run!  :D

2FEE909C00000578-0-image-a-27_1452311780

I love Ghostbusters, it and many other horror comedies like Gremlins, Killer Klowns from Outerspace, Critters, Munchies, Fright Night, House, Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Creeps and Evil Dead 2 among many others made the 80s the decade of Horror Comedies.

I don't know if i am really on board the all female remake. I understand we are in an age of diversity and this movie is a product of it but i just don't understand if this was about inclusion then wouldn't it had made more sense to have a team of men and women of diverse cultures? if you really want to make that sort of movie that is politically correct and playing to the politically correct demographic wouldn't a diverse cast make more sense?

Instead of ruining the legendary Ghostbuster series, they should have made this Paranormal Activity: Ghost Girls or sum crap.

• Like 1

Instead of ruining the legendary Ghostbuster series, they should have made this Paranormal Activity: Ghost Girls or sum crap.

How are they ruining the "legendary Ghostbuster" series?  The movie is not even out yet.  Even if it was and if it did indeed suck as much as all of you are hoping it will....you can just pretend it doesn't exist.  It's how I get through my day regarding the Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw...etc, etc.  :D  

Life is way to short to stress over things you can't control.  Embrace what you like and ignore what you hate! 

^^ How can you have a film, AND call it Ghostbusters, AND have most of the original cast return as characters that are not even who they played originally in the same universe?! I sure will ignore what I hate and it will be that film, lol. And you ask, " How are they ruining it?..." That is prime suspect numero uno!

• Like 2

It is ruined by a terrible cast. easy as that.

Sadly, I have to agree. I was just as excited as anyone about a new Ghostbusters movie. But upon learning who the main cast was, it completely killed all interest I had. If I ever do watch it, it'll be a Redbox rental.

i'll wait until either one of my pals is dumb enough to buy it or until its on TV and nothing better is on...

speaking of the terrible cast, who would you have cast if you had to get all new characters AND stick with the females.

Let me put it to you this way I made my own custom Ghostbusters replica costume I assembled by hand along with a proton pack that is around 35% complete and own all the matty collector prop replicas with the exception of the Ghost trap and come this March I'll be meeting Ernie Hudson to have him sign my DVD of Ghostbusters at Toronto Comic con and last time I was in New York I brought home an actual piece of the Fire House from the films. So yeah I fucking love Ghostbusters but, FUCK THAT REBOOT!!!! I do not want a Reboot, Remake or re-imagining of that Classic film because it's wholly unnecessary when a sequel would be easy to make Bill Murray gave the perfect set up with the line "The Franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams" they should have done a passing the torch film instead of this stupid all women's reboot which is just the illusion of diversity here would be my passing the torch dream team...

Bradley Cooper as Oscar Barret

Emma Stone

Jon Leguizamo

Also Melissa McCarthy is NOT funny her entire comedic stick is I'm Foul mouthed, Fat and I Fall down and the only reason I'm might see the reboot is because the original cast is in it doing cameo roles but I'll be damned if I pay for it

Oh and Ghostbusters 2 I love it just as much as the first film don't understand the bad wrap it gets

• Like 1

Oh and Ghostbusters 2 I love it just as much as the first film don't understand the bad wrap it gets

Me neither, I bet once the reboot is out people will look back much more fondly on GB2.

If anyone here never played the video game from a few years back, you really owe it to yourself to. It's pretty much GB3, picking up after the first two. All sorts of cool tie-ins to the films and I particularly like how it linked the two films' mythologies together. One of my favorite levels was finding out where the mood slime originated. The new upgraded Proton Pack was awesome too, love how it integrated the Slime Blower and also thought the Stasis Stream and Meson Collider were neat additions.

• Like 1

If anyone here never played the video game from a few years back, you really owe it to yourself to. It's pretty much GB3, picking up after the first two. All sorts of cool tie-ins to the films and I particularly like how it linked the two films' mythologies together. One of my favorite levels was finding out where the mood slime originated. The new upgraded Proton Pack was awesome too, love how it integrated the Slime Blower and also thought the Stasis Stream and Meson Collider were neat additions.

Still own it for my 360 and have yet to beat it.  ha ha ha.  Also played the Ghostbusters game on Commadore 64 as well.   :)

I still have the two NES games, so hard and unbeatable. The Genesis one is fun but it sucks how Winston was omitted.

The original NES one is just a carbon copy of the C64 game.  Never got to try the NES Ghostbusters 2 one though. 

Who's your favorite ghost or monster from the films? Vigo is definitely mine. He was terrifying as a kid. Always wanted to see him get a prequel comic detailing his life prior to GB2's events. Although the video game reveals the origin of the mood slime.

I remember beating the first on NES, such a pain in the ass. Once you get into the Zuul building, you have to walk up 26 floors of the building while avoiding these four ghosts. The pain is that you have to repeatedly push the A and B buttons to make the guys walk rather than standard game controls of left and right on the d-pad. Get hit 3 or 4 times by the ghosts and game over. Then once you make it up there, it's a top down shooter with Zulu on one side of the roof and Stay-Puft on the other, climbing the side of the building. Not a difficult boss to beat, but still stressful since only a couple of hits from Zuul kills you and starts you over, just like inside the building. Such a poorly designed game overall.