Letting him stack them on the phone and such without any way to deal with them even if we notice them is absurd.

• Like 2

If you have a pocket knife, you should be able to dismantle the trap. I haven't done it myself yet, but that is what I have read.

Happy killing/surviving!

I was told that's only when you are in it? But if that's the case, that would at least be something :)

If you step in it, you spam E (PC) to get yourself out, just like Jason does with Councilor placed traps.  If you spot the trap and have a pocket knife, if you move slowly towards it, you should get a prompt to disarm it.

Either way, the trap is spent and no longer active.  As for stacked traps, I couldn't say anything about that.

It seems like his traps do too much damage. I got a knife thrown at me and stepped in a trap, then I healed myself with med spray. Then the next time I landed on yet another trap I died. Seems kind of OP.

pocket knives are very rare. They were common in the Beta. Meanwhile, weapons in the current game are abundant. I come across all sorts of sticks, pans, and wrenches. The pocket knife can SILENTLY disarm a trap, so I think using a weapon to just shove it into the trap to set it off just to get it out of the way, breaking the weapon but also alerting Jason, would be a welcome change. This way Jason might want to be sneaky with his traps rather than abuse them at the phone and car locations.

• Like 1

I agree that sacrificing your weapon to disarm the trap would make sense AND help the counselors counter them. Jason might generally need more traps though if that was made possible.

Me personally, I tend to place traps in bushes around objectives and yellow leaves on the ground, which makes them much less visible and hence probably more successful at catching counselors.

Looking at it, Jason cannot disarm traps either... but that probably doesn't make a difference if his leg is good enough for the purpose. Does he even take damage from counselor traps?

On 5/26/2017 at 4:38 PM, Freya said:

If you have a pocket knife, you should be able to dismantle the trap. I haven't done it myself yet, but that is what I have read.

Happy killing/surviving!

A pocket knife is not a worthy sacrifice for such a thing.

A pocket knife is too rare and too valuable to be used in such a way.  You may as well step in it and keep it so if Jason morphs and grabs you, you can poke him and escape.  No point to it.

Weapons seem far more useful than in the beta.  Use those.  It's a sacrifice on their part but not to such an extent where they are fundamentally hindered.  Weapons are not rare enough to do that, but it still disadvantages the counselor to sacrifice something and punishes Jason for obvious trap placement.

The advantage of using the pocket knife in that particular case is that Jason is using the traps as a detection grid to know when you're trying to do the phone. A silent phone trap disarm / call could be worth the knife.

I was just ticked that I felt like I had no option to call the police after Jason had hit me twice, because he laid a trap in front of the phone.