Sign in to follow this  

I figured I'd start a general thread on questions like this.

Question 1: How do you stop when using Shift? I've overshot my desired location every time I use it.

Question 2: Is there a way to not throw a knife once you've pressed 'Aim throwing knife'? It seems to throw as soon as you stop pressing Aim.

1 minute ago, HodderFodder said:

Also:

Rage mode is supposed to be always-on once activated. So how do you use it to power through doors?

Press A (Xbox) like you were opening door and you'll bust through.  As for shift, I'm struggling as well.  I'm doing a private lobby with friends to just learn controls

How do you call the police? I remember in the beta you just repaired the box, now it seems that you can not just run up to it and repair.

Just now, Suspect1001 said:

How do you call the police? I remember in the beta you just repaired the box, now it seems that you can not just run up to it and repair.

You need to find an item in drawers called the fuse. It will be in the same campsite as the phone

24 minutes ago, HodderFodder said:

I figured I'd start a general thread on questions like this.

Question 1: How do you stop when using Shift? I've overshot my desired location every time I use it.

Question 2: Is there a way to not throw a knife once you've pressed 'Aim throwing knife'? It seems to throw as soon as you stop pressing Aim.

1 - It's kind of hard to explain...if you keep practicing though, you'll get it. I'm getting pretty good at shifting right into a grab.

2- While you're aiming, if you look down near the bottom it will show you which button to press to get out of aim. On the PC you right click, or click the middle mouse button...brain farting at the moment.

3- Rage is like the above poster mentioned; Just go to open the door like you would if it wasn't locked.

1 minute ago, thetrickyshow said:

You need to find an item in drawers called the fuse. It will be in the same campsite as the phone

I like that its not as easy as before, thanks for the quick response!

how the hell are you meant to use the pocket knife that you have? I always get them but jason just picks me up and uses me anyway he wants where it feels as though i need to have a long shower

9 minutes ago, SupaKilla said:

how the hell are you meant to use the pocket knife that you have? I always get them but jason just picks me up and uses me anyway he wants where it feels as though i need to have a long shower

Make sure you have it selected in one of your 3 inventory slots and press square to use the item in question when he has grabbed you. Could be wrong, been almost 24 hours since I last played.

• Like 1

Pocket knife has always worked automatically for me.  Not sure if you have to have it displayed as one of the three items or not but it should be auto used to break free when grabbed.

8 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Pocket knife has always worked automatically for me.  Not sure if you have to have it displayed as one of the three items or not but it should be auto used to break free when grabbed.

Well there you go, learn something new everyday. I swear there was a couple times though I had a pocket knife and it was never used, could have been a glitch though.