Sign in to follow this  
HodderFodder

Practice Room or Tutorial, Please

Devs, please implement something like a practice range: single room where you can interact with objects, get a handle on using items, and otherwise get a feel for controls before dumping people into a game. Both for counselors and for Jason, so that people can start the game with some degree of familiarity with how to move.

The first time i played I was completely thrown off by the look sensitivity. When I adjusted it for mys econd game, I went the wrong direction. And died on my third attempt because I hadn't been coordinated enough to select small items and using them--I ended up dropping the firecrackers and my axe.

At this point, I'm afraid of playing Jason because I know I'll be quite slow to get a handle on using his abilities.

Edit: And my 4th game, I'm Jason. I managed to kill two nearly by accident. Using Jason's abilities wasn't easy; it took me a bit to realize you had to HOLD DOWN the enable button. Also there's no way to disengage a throwing knife--you aim, and as soon as you release the button, you throw.

• Like 1

I think you can start private games with less than a full group so it may be possible to create one by yourself to accomplish the same thing.

I agree though, if there's time available this would definitely be a good addition to the game.