JVS

Gun Media Company Screwed Me

Just wanted to let other users know that I Kickstarted this project when it started. I asked the company to send me a Playstation 4 Key for the game in February, never hearing back from anyone. I was instead sent a Steam key. Problem is I am a Mac user.  I asked the company to please exchange the Steam Key for a Playstation 4 key and was told no. I think it is unfair that I backed this project (huge fan) and am now being punished for doing so. The point of Kickstarter is to fund projects you believe in and hopefully get a slight discount for doing so. Now I already spent $30, and will have to spend another $40 if I actually want to play the game. This company seems to not care about the people that back them. I will no longer be Kickstarting anything personally. I also want to say that is pretty annoying to require users to know obscure facts about the films in order to even sign up for the forum. The answer to "What is the first final girl" question is Alice Hardy. Your so clever with your screwing customers and making things more difficult that they should be to even sign up for the forum Gun Media. Your the Friday the 13th Part 8 of customer service Gun Media.

• Like 1

On the subject of "obscure facts", I'm pretty sure it's to make sure you're not a bot and it's an easily accessible fact. There's this thing, it's called "Google". You type stuff in it and it magically gives you answers to all kinds of stuff.

Did you contact Backerkit about receiving a code for the wrong platform? I'm pretty sure at this very moment the folks at Gun are swamped. May take a little bit to get things resolved. Others in the recent past were able to change their platform.

Yes I emailed them several times and was told they will not fix the issue. This is why I sent them a message explaining why I would need a Playstation 4 version of the game months ago, as I figured they would be having issues at launch as many games do. I was ignored at that time. 

Not all of us understand that question, hence why it is confusing and unnecessary. Good thing we have Google and people like you to let us all know of our mistakes.

I am just letting people know before they make the mistake I made. I'm sure there are other people in the other forums you can bother. 

Maybe you can post the same post another 6-7 times and it will be taken care of. 

Seriously though, people have changed their platform of choice MANY times. It's easy to do... I did it for instance. 

Something tells me there's pertinent info we're not getting or you're not telling the whole truth. 

• Like 2

Maybe it will take 40, who knows.

I am not lying, just a fan that has been waiting since the 80's for a Friday the 13th game. Maybe you can help me get my platform changed IamNoc? You said it was easy to do. I am all ears.

21 minutes ago, JVS said:

Yes I emailed them several times and was told they will not fix the issue. This is why I sent them a message explaining why I would need a Playstation 4 version of the game months ago, as I figured they would be having issues at launch as many games do. I was ignored at that time. 

Not all of us understand that question, hence why it is confusing and unnecessary. Good thing we have Google and people like you to let us all know of our mistakes.

If your steam key is still valid and unused then sell it. And then go buy it from PS Store. Just a thought.

Searching the F13 contact email, there are no emails from your listed address. 

Who did you contact? Can you provide email discussions and acknowledgments from anyone at Backerkit of your changes? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Searching the F13 contact email, there are no emails from your listed address. 

Who did you contact? Can you provide email discussions and acknowledgments from anyone at Backerkit of your changes? 

Ben to the rescue !  It will get worked out.

Here is an image of my messages via Kickstarter. I also sent several emails to your company and called you as well about this issue.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 9.10.00 AM.png

Apologies, but did you attempt to contact Backerkit, the fulfillment provider? Kickstarter is not a fulfillment platform. Did you get any acknowledgement from anyone at Gun or Backerkit? 

Please provide these other emails. This is simply a listed post to Kickstarter that was not answered as it was delivered to a campaign that had moved to Backerkit. We made it clear that Backerkit was the place to contact to all of our backers and supporters in just about every Kickstarter update. 

We will need more information to better help you out, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

I sent in several emails to the support email and left a message at 1-800-746-0197. I did get emails saying that changes cannot be made, and no one called me back.

They do have that information, just waiting on a response. How do you like the game Splatterhouse? 

I have my code but no PS4 to play it on! :( Due to work commitments this week and next, I purposely left my PS4 with a friend as I know I would succumb to temptation and be spending more time playing the game and not doing work that needs to be done!! Been waiting for this game for 30 years and instinctively knew how weak willed I would be! haha :) I certainly will be making up for lost time come June 4th though! ;)

Lol, well hopefully it works out that you are chasing me online when we both get on. You get an "Being an Adult" Achievement. :)

15 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I have my code but no PS4 to play it on! :( Due to work commitments this week and next, I purposely left my PS4 with a friend as I know I would succumb to temptation and be spending more time playing the game and not doing work that needs to be done!! Been waiting for this game for 30 years and instinctively knew how weak willed I would be! haha :) I certainly will be making up for lost time come June 4th though! ;)

Hopefully while your waiting all the download dlc issues and bugs will be worked out. :)

That would be nice, I figured there would be issues and bugs, it would just be nice to get to that point. You have it on PS4 TWarner?

You have failed to provide information. You keep claiming you sent emails, but we have none at our contact link. If you contacted Backerkit, that would also quality. A Kickstarter message with no confirmed response hardly makes us 'screw you.' 

That number you called also states to email f13game@fearthegun.com as it is not an actual number to our team. 

I am more than willing to help, but you seem to be offering a lot of bluster without being willing to offer any proof of your claims. 

• Like 1

OP, I don't believe a word you are saying.

I had my game reserved first on Xbox, then emailed and asked to have it switched to PS4, and they did it without any hassles.

I have provided you my Kickstarter information. I even attached an image. In your records you have to have emails from me. I sent several. I sent them to the support@backerkit.com email about this issue. I even called and left a message. If you call 1-800-746-0197, you will see that the number is in fact the Gun Media customer service number. 

I am not lying, now on top of not receiving the key I payed for, I am getting harassment from users like the above ShaunAburame.

3 minutes ago, JVS said:

I have provided you my Kickstarter information. I even attached an image. In your records you have to have emails from me. I sent several. I sent them to the support@backerkit.com email about this issue. I even called and left a message. If you call 1-800-746-0197, you will see that the number is in fact the Gun Media customer service number. 

I am not lying, now on top of not receiving the key I payed for, I am getting harassment from users like the above ShaunAburame.

lol "harassment"... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JVS said:

How's that harassment? He just stated how he had same problem before and they switched it no issues.

I've had screw ups like this before and never had problem getting switched, even on day of release. Ben is here trying to help but you aren't providing him with the emails you state you sent to Backerkit.