measonjr1

[PC] Friday the 13th ERROR "Invalid game executable Summer Camp\binaries\win64\summercamp.exe"

Hello all,

When I trying and log in game via the Steam EAC launcher (anti-cheat) I get a error message " Invalid game executable Summer Camp\binaries\win64\summercamp.exe

i7 7700 16gb 1080Ti windows 10 all drivers updated

I also went into my F13game\summerCamp\binaries\win64 to start from there and I get "To find a version for your PC check with the software publisher?

Same thing here.  :S  

I uninstalled the game and even went into my steamapps/common folder, manually deleting the f13beta and f13game directories completely just to be sure.  But even after this and a re-download/install of the game, I keep getting this Invalid game executable error.  

Any help would be appreciated!

Reinstalling the game did not help last night.  I get the same error, and based on feedback in the Steam Community and in the Windows Insider Feedback hub, this problem may be related to folks (like me) who are running Windows 10 Insider build 16199.  Are you guys running WIP builds? 

Im also getting the same error and i was on build 16199. I have since rolled back to 16193 and still getting the same error.

I have a second machine with similar specs, but running the current Release branch version of Windows 10 (Creators update) and have not seen the issue there.  Something different in these RS3 builds, methinks

Main Machine: i7 7700k, 1080 Ti, 16GB Ram, Build 16199.1000 - game fails to launch

Secondary Machine:i7 6600k, 780 Ti, 16 GB Ram, Build 15063.296 - game runs normally

Same problem here!

I am an insider too, using windows 10 preview version 16199.

What can I do to run the game?

Already tried to uinstall and install again (3 times).

Anyone find a fix?  Friend of mine is having the same problem 

Just wanted to follow up saying I'm also on a Windows Insider build and hitting this bug. 

I wonder what could actually be causing this.  :S  When I get home I'll poke around a little to see if anything obvious jumps out.

Sigh.. I don't see anything obvious from doing a dependency walker on SummerCamp.exe nor looking at its embedded manifest.  The only real thing in the manifest is the dependency on the windows common controls.  :(

It sucks that those of us on an Insiders build of Windows don't get to join in on the fun... 

Pretty depressing problem. Windows won't even let me roll back to a previous version.

I am also having the same problem. I am on an 1800X 4.1 Ghz, 16GB 3200 Ram, Hybrid 1080 ti and the latest windows build.  Cannot load due to EAC.  I have an Asus gaming laptop gtx 1060 and the game runs fine.

YO!!  MAN THAT WORKED THANKS!!!  I DOWNLOADED DIRECTX TO THE SAME FOLDER AS THE EAC AND RESTARTED MY PC!!!! THANKS BRO!!!!

7 hours ago, BigDookie said:

YO!!  MAN THAT WORKED THANKS!!!  I DOWNLOADED DIRECTX TO THE SAME FOLDER AS THE EAC AND RESTARTED MY PC!!!! THANKS BRO!!!!

What folder did you save it to?

I have tried both the main folder and the EAC folder and the issue remains.

1 hour ago, gapmasta said:

What folder did you save it to?

I have tried both the main folder and the EAC folder and the issue remains.

I deleted my install and moved the game to my C: drive (I have 3 drives).  I then downloaded directX and moved it to F13Game folder and went to the anticheat folder and installed everything to there.  Once I did that, I restarted my PC.  Afterwards, I opened Steam and click on the Friday the 13th Game and it worked.

57 minutes ago, BigDookie said:

I deleted my install and moved the game to my C: drive (I have 3 drives).  I then downloaded directX and moved it to F13Game folder and went to the anticheat folder and installed everything to there.  Once I did that, I restarted my PC.  Afterwards, I opened Steam and click on the Friday the 13th Game and it worked.

Thank you, It didn't do the trick for me but I appreciate you coming back and letting me know.

47 minutes ago, gapmasta said:

Thank you, It didn't do the trick for me but I appreciate you coming back and letting me know.

When you delete the game you have to ensure all files are deleted before reinstalling it.  Steam does not delete the entire game when you uninstall. You have to go into the file directory and manually remove the game and all files yourself.  Then try the steps above....

This DirectX download fix you mention fixes f13 launching on Windows Insider builds? 

5 minutes ago, DPR said:

This DirectX download fix you mention fixes f13 launching on Windows Insider builds? 

I'm not sure about that.  I just built my Ryzen PC and installed the latest windows.  The directx download helped my issue of the game not launching due to the EAC file.

1 minute ago, BigDookie said:

I'm not sure about that.  I just built my Ryzen PC and installed the latest windows.  The directx download helped my issue of the game not launching due to the EAC file.

Was the error you got the same "invalid game executable" error mentioned above? 

We're seeing this error on Windows Insider builds (e.g. 16199) but not on the official released version of Windows (i.e. the Creators Update). 

I doubt your directX fixes the issue this thread is about, but I'll give it a try anyway once I'm back at my computer. 

Cheers

Just now, DPR said:

We're seeing this error on Windows Insider builds (e.g. 16199) but not on the official released version of Windows (i.e. the Creators Update). 

I doubt your directX fixes the issue this thread is about, but I'll give it a try anyway once I'm back at my computer. 

Cheers

I hope you get it working...  I do have the creators update.  My apologies if I am hijacking the thread...

7 minutes ago, DPR said:

Cheers

I see you stated we're, are you a part of them team? If so, do have an ETA on a fix?

The only option I can see right now is to reinstall windows to get back to the current stable version of windows.