@RustInPeace @Cokeyskunk

I honestly prefer the randomness of Quick Play to Private Matches but I've had my fill of QP. I may take you guys up on an invite but I have to admit I'm tired of being on either side of a counselor assault team.

@Risinggrave

Let me know when you guys are on and I'll attempt to be there for some of them. Again, the counselor assault team thing isn't for me but I'd still like to get more games with yourself and the others on Xbox.

Maybe I should have said I'm taking an indefinite break from multiplayer. May have sounded less dramatic.

I remember one match I was in over the Double XP/CP weekend... where half the lobby were friends and talking in game chat. Had no problem with that at the beginning, until one of them was chosen as Part 7 Jason on Packanack Lodge... then it was all "Hey, i found one over here at the lodge! I'll block him for you!", "Dude, got both keys, both batteries and a gas... gonna lock them in this small shed near the lodge for ya!", "QUICK! Get back to the shack! They're going for your sweater!", "Dammit... one of the others called Tommy..." etc etc etc...

So, I had the fuse, trapped the phone box with a bear trap, called the cops, then waited the 3 1/2 minutes and walked out with two others... only to then be called a hacker/cheat and to 'go back to minecraft noob'.

For the record, I'm rank 136... the two who escaped with me were both over a hundred. The Jason and his friends, all under 20. I know rank doesn't reflect skill, but come on....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deth_Hed said:

The Jason and his friends, all under 20. I know rank doesn't reflect skill, but come on....

Sounds like they've been friends though other games and decided to play this casually.  By casually, I mean dick around and ruin it for everyone but themselves.

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Let me know when you guys are on and I'll attempt to be there for some of them. Again, the counselor assault team thing isn't for me but I'd still like to get more games with yourself and the others on Xbox.

Maybe I should have said I'm taking an indefinite break from multiplayer. May have sounded less dramatic.

Often spur of the moment, but if we organize, you'll be on call. With that, I generally don't do the assault team thing myself. 

56 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Sounds like they've been friends though other games and decided to play this casually.  By casually, I mean dick around and ruin it for everyone but themselves.

And they failed. Fuck em. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

@Risinggrave

I need to spend more time on Xbox, even if I'm playing Left 4 Dead or something.

Left 4 Dead 2 is better ?

On 2/28/2018 at 8:06 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

It was good to have you, Bears. We usually play on Tuesdays after work, and some on the weekends. Besides whom you mentioned, we also play with @ikarikh, @RustInPeace, @NthnButAGoodTime, @hu_soldier13 (LuckIsForLosers), and @REyeZBloOD03. (I'm sure I'm missing a few) 

I will say that -- by far -- the private matches I've played with these guys have been some of the most entertaining and challenging I've ever faced. No trolling, no arguing -- we congratulate each other with good escapes and kills, and we learn something new every time.

Good clean fun.  :D

I haven't been around much.  I've been playing DbD by day and playing f13 on Koraline's stream at night.  Maybe one day I'll catch back up with you guys.  Private matches are just kinda...bleh for me now.  I like a party of 3-4 in public. The randomness is fun.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I haven't been around much.  I've been playing DbD by day and playing f13 on Koraline's stream at night.  Maybe one day I'll catch back up with you guys.  Private matches are just kinda...bleh for me now.  I like a party of 3-4 in public. The randomness is fun.

At the rate this is going, I'll be the only one playing this game anymore by the time anything worthwhile gets fixed or added.  Nice to see numerous people jumping ship in clusters.

22 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

At the rate this is going, I'll be the only one playing this game anymore by the time anything worthwhile gets fixed or added.  Nice to see numerous people jumping ship in clusters.

I still play.  Just usually not at the same time as everyone else.  I like playing DbD with Teri, Pete, etc.  It's fun too.  And koraline and face make f13 extremely fun for me.  Every now and then I can get Joel to join too.  

I hear that isn't even a QUARTER of the people playing now that there used to be on online play according to people on the Steam Message board.  Thats a real problem

5 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

I hear that isn't even a QUARTER of the people playing now that there used to be on online play according to people on the Steam Message board.  Thats a real problem

Hardly.  Nobody gives a shit about Steam.  The majority of the player base is on console.

21 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

You're a PS4 player complaining about player counts on Steam.. Makes total sense.     Uuuuge Problem.. Nooo Doubt.  :P

21 hours ago, Riot_Dame said:

Left 4 Dead 2 is better ?

I like both equally. I picked up both.

14 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

The engine update may bring people back. It's hard to say. As a community, we've endured a lot of things that most communities wouldn't have pushed through. The engine update isn't really what's important though- it's what they do with it. Will it still be 2-3 months for balance patches? If so, folks won't return.

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I like both equally. I picked up both.

Lovely. I like the first one’s maps and survivors better. however, the weapons and more special infected on the 2nd one is what gets me... plus the DLC for it.

I was riding in the back of the 4 seater and we caught up with the 2 seater down the road and both cars got out at the same time last night.  Sorry JV. 

12 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Counselor got thrown through a window,  Tommy shot Jason a little early, counselor somehow got betrayed despite being all the way through the window at the time. Tough break, @Zaneygrrl

Yeah that was bad! But I felt worse for the person who laid the trap since they got docked the points even though it wasn’t the trap that got me. 

Has a little 9 year old that was so annoying. Was friends with Jason. Jason wouldn’t kill I’m (which they openly talked about)

went around begging someone to drop keys even threatening to have Jason come kill him. Poor guy had to drop it. Jason supervised the car getting repaired. 

Decided to then drive around in the car joy riding around while Jason went about killing random people. This kid was beyond annoying. 

I was host and told him I would disconnect unless he drove car away. He cursed and finally went to exit. I disconnected before he got out. 

Yup. This was why I stopped playing for a few months. 

Small private match with 1 vs 4. I find gas, battery on the way so I mark on map, and keys on way so I drop. I loop Jason through house until he gets tired. Other person comes up with battery I marked, and we simultaneously put gas and battery in car. Jason shows up, so, without saying anything, I grab his attention and loop him through another cabin while they grab the keys and get it started. We give him the slip and escape.

I got on for the big Friday the 13th weekend. I see @TheHansonGoons is on so I drop into his game. This guy and I can seldom coordinate when to play, but we finally got a game together. Then he dips and I take over hosting. In the eight hours I host, we only have two dashboards. Good stuff. 

@InfamousWhasup, @Super Ty, @Dr B DDS @BionicCapo (who had been drinking) and my good buddy @Thatguyinktown were some of the early folks who rotated through. Guy had a "dropped" game when I was Jason that saved his ass. I don't recall too much from these games save Capo's desire to drink coupled with our skill level left him doing badly. Ty was on point with his shift grabs. Also Doc B overlooked the fuse in a drawer. I had to call the police and because there was no way as the final survivor I could run across the map (Pinehurst) I then had to run the clock down by juking through windows and using health spray. I ended using the one riot stick I had as well. 

Later on as people rotated in and out, I have a few clearer images. @Riot_Dame wanted to play, got Jason in her first match (she hates that.) and was pissed. She chased me for awhile, and even with her rage boner with me she failed to kill me. She even went so far as to try and kill my sprite when she knew I had gotten off the map. I bring out the best in the ladies. She left after that game, but cooled down and was willing to return a few matches later. Sadly we had no space. 

I finally got to play with @RKSDooM!!!! He was there when somebody on the Pinehurst map tried escaping with the boat, while holding the keys. The car and phone were both up on the North island, where the boat ended up being sunk. Some random got so mad he left after that game and is probably still cussing about it now. The survivors were trying to grab those keys, but they were in the water, unattainable. Doom and the rest of us had a laugh about it after. Dem's the breaks. As a side note, I'm able to boat out at the end, being the only survivor. For being rusty, I played real well last night. 

And finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention @lHeartBreakerl going a full 8/8 as New Blood Jason. I talked him into trying it, and that fucker showed me up. He retains his status as the best Jason I've matched up with to date. Fuck that guy. 

All in all it wasn't too hard to get a lobby (the one reason I don't play as often) and I had a blast playing, as usual. 

• Like 3

@AldermachXI joined early, but we never got to find a match together. 

@Dr B DDS and @Thatguyinktown and I got to play a decent amount together, which is always great. Unfortunately when the good Dr and i started playing it was a bullshit lobby qhere they told him he couldnt spawn kill. Basically he wasnt allowed to kill until he had Shift. We met up later and searched some QPs. 

New forum member that I had a lot of games with was @TiffanyxAJ. Great player and teamwork. His GT is profoundending if any of you remember playing with him. 

@Truth and @Risinggrave and i finally got to meet up again after months. Sucks I only got one game with ya grave.

I still need to meet riot and rks in game.

Overall, other than struggling to fill lobbies at times, it was a fun afternoon. Everyone is getting really good at killing Jason.  A lot of intense games and moments, which is why we still play. Had fun guys! If anyone is on tomorrow morning before playoff hockey games begin, shoot me an invite or message.

• Like 2