Been in enough QP lobbies with 2/8 rounds by Jasons who seemed quite decent since the last patch to say that I've had an entirely different experience. I think the game is in the best state since launch regarding in-game issues, but there are lots of unpolished players. Everyone with more than a handful of games under their belt should know what the objectives are. Everyone level 20+ should know how and when to push said objectives. Many don't though.

12 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Played some rounds in a shitty Quick Play lobby with @Cokeyskunk and then joined him for some private matches with @malloymk, @Vaderspupil, @Shadesofjoe and maybe some other forum members. Good group, no trolling or exploiting. Went 5/8 against them. 

It was good to have you, Bears. We usually play on Tuesdays after work, and some on the weekends. Besides whom you mentioned, we also play with @ikarikh, @RustInPeace, @NthnButAGoodTime, @hu_soldier13 (LuckIsForLosers), and @REyeZBloOD03. (I'm sure I'm missing a few) 

I will say that -- by far -- the private matches I've played with these guys have been some of the most entertaining and challenging I've ever faced. No trolling, no arguing -- we congratulate each other with good escapes and kills, and we learn something new every time.

Good clean fun.  :D

6 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Yes, the Little Sisters of the Poor heartily endorse playing Friday the 13th: The Game as a wholesome experience for the entire family.  Good clean fun!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I will say that -- by far -- the private matches I've played with these guys have been some of the most entertaining and challenging I've ever faced. No trolling, no arguing -- we congratulate each other with good escapes and kills, and we learn something new every time.

Quick play is hit and miss for me. The few private matches I've done it seems like it could be a very interesting experience and a surer way to improve, but alas that opportunity rarely comes up for me so I'll continue to be a quote unquote quick play legend. 

19 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Quick play is hit and miss for me. The few private matches I've done it seems like it could be a very interesting experience and a surer way to improve, but alas that opportunity rarely comes up for me so I'll continue to be a quote unquote quick play legend. 

Oh, QP is an inferior experience if you're just looking to have a good time; that's what private matches are for.

But for that thrill of unpredictability, there's nothing quite like it.

Tonight: spend forever to find an XB1 QP, find one, host has it on Pinehurst. I want to play a quick game before bed. I get picked as Jason. Going well, hear someone go in my cabin. Morph over,  it's Deborah (I know right). I grab her, pocket knife. I kill her after having to attend to the phone house trap first (Vanessa tried to run trap without health spray,  that silly bitch). Between all that, someone ELSE tried to get the sweater after Deborah already had it. I went 4/8 that round after i got a connection to host lost interruption, conveniently after sweater deb died.

This was also my first round since Sunday 

3/1:

QP placed me in an open spot in the waiting for players screen. Loaded in with 5 Vanessas. Was about to fortify the back door on the cabin before Jason quit.

3/5:

Played in a 1v3 lobby in QP (nobody else loaded in). 1 quit in the first minute, spawned at higgins house. Found out I can go about 5.5 minutes solo against jason with fox.

Update:

Jason (The host) quit. C'est la QP.

New game

im fox over in blairs cove with 4 seater. 2 seater takes off. Put battery in 4 seater. Another fox comes in with keys, Buggsy then starts fixing the gas, with 2 foxes right there. She had her gun and I my flare gun pointed at him. 2 seater crashes somewhere over in blairs, having started in stillwater (yeah, i know). Only 3 people left. I get 4 seater started, but lag into the fence. Jason's on us, but other fox had 2 seater started and picked me up. buggsy escaped in 4 seater while we escaped in 2 seater.

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

An odd one, two Tommys spawned. Someone must have left while spawning as Tommy and the game chose to spawn another Tommy.

Skip to 7:00.

Anyone else seen this before?:

I've seen it before, but not in awhile. Didn't know it was still a thing. 

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

An odd one, two Tommys spawned. Someone must have left while spawning as Tommy and the game chose to spawn another Tommy.

Skip to 7:00.

Anyone else seen this before?

Edit:

@Gertz and @[IllFonic]Courier may want to see this.

i’ve never saw this before, i however have seen jason kill tommy in the cut scene then tommy come back with like unlimited stamina.

Does anyone else have these days when they're just absolutely terrible at this game? I'm usually not bad at surviving but today was one of those days where I didn't even survive once.

Was just playing against a part 7 (<_<) and I missed every single swing (wasting a pocket knife 10 seconds after I got it lol) and tried to hit him after he had already opened the door and he grabbed me and killed me.

I'm a level 150 with over 500 hours in game and this has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever done and it's been going all day now :D

I have a day like this every week or so when I absolutely don't know what I'm doing anymore haha

This seems like good place to share this story.

The match started short handed, only 5 counselors on Packanack small. I spawned by the southern most cabin at Flatrock, It had the radio so I called for Tommy. I cleaned it out moved to the middle cabin and before I was done checking it Tommy dove through one of the windows. He was the host and level 75. I went out the window towards the 3rd cabin and heard Jason smash the power box around the corner from me. I then heard Tommy fire off his boom stick.

I ran to the 3rd cabin and barred the doors. Tried to make a quick search when I heard Tommy dove through another unopened window. I checked the player list and saw some had quit and we were the only ones alive. I told Tommy to to stop following me so we could split him up and try to get the phones or something fixed.

When Jason came through the door I stunned him with the bat and made my way north to one of the cabins on the main road. I found the fuse but before I could get out Tommy brought Jason to the cabin. I showed him the fuse and told him to draw Jason away. When Jason came through the door and stepped in my trap I ran across the road,  it was a little kill box cabin with only 2 windows near the door. When I went into the back room I saw the phone box on the back wall. But then I heard Tommy crawling through the window. I thought to go out the window but I could hear Jason grabbing knives, and by this point was getting pretty tired of Tommy leading Jason right to me when there was literally the entire map he could have gone too.

So I opened the door and stood behind it. Tommy hit me with a wrench and when Jason came in he grabbed Tommy and ripped his Jaw off. I went to the next cabin hoping to maybe window hop my way down to the main house, but a well timed shift grab got me decapitated.

The guy tried to tell me that the reason everyone else died was because they didn't group up and stay together. I pointed out that the match before 2 of us ran the clock on Jason because we of us kept distracting him and looped him through all the cabins.

I was probably wrong to sacrifice Tommy like that, but I didnt think it was right for Tommy to lead Jason to a Lachapa through that many cabins.

23 hours ago, noahvt said:

Does anyone else have these days when they're just absolutely terrible at this game? [...]

Defintive yes from me.

I had a few days away from the game because of a busy week. Squeezed in a few hours before work today, spawned at Jarvis with a Tiffany against Pt 9. He ridiculously misplaced a trap in front of the hood of the two-seater, far on the left and easily six foot before the car. I put in gasoline and started mocking the trap placement to everyone who did/ did not want to hear it. A minute later I was still laughing when Jason showed up and I stepped into his awkwardly placed trap only to get killed seconds later. I had to laugh at myself afterwards.

On 3/11/2018 at 9:54 PM, AdmiralJT said:

This seems like good place to share this story.

The match started short handed, only 5 counselors on Packanack small. I spawned by the southern most cabin at Flatrock, It had the radio so I called for Tommy. I cleaned it out moved to the middle cabin and before I was done checking it Tommy dove through one of the windows. He was the host and level 75. I went out the window towards the 3rd cabin and heard Jason smash the power box around the corner from me. I then heard Tommy fire off his boom stick.

I ran to the 3rd cabin and barred the doors. Tried to make a quick search when I heard Tommy dove through another unopened window. I checked the player list and saw some had quit and we were the only ones alive. I told Tommy to to stop following me so we could split him up and try to get the phones or something fixed.

When Jason came through the door I stunned him with the bat and made my way north to one of the cabins on the main road. I found the fuse but before I could get out Tommy brought Jason to the cabin. I showed him the fuse and told him to draw Jason away. When Jason came through the door and stepped in my trap I ran across the road,  it was a little kill box cabin with only 2 windows near the door. When I went into the back room I saw the phone box on the back wall. But then I heard Tommy crawling through the window. I thought to go out the window but I could hear Jason grabbing knives, and by this point was getting pretty tired of Tommy leading Jason right to me when there was literally the entire map he could have gone too.

So I opened the door and stood behind it. Tommy hit me with a wrench and when Jason came in he grabbed Tommy and ripped his Jaw off. I went to the next cabin hoping to maybe window hop my way down to the main house, but a well timed shift grab got me decapitated.

The guy tried to tell me that the reason everyone else died was because they didn't group up and stay together. I pointed out that the match before 2 of us ran the clock on Jason because we of us kept distracting him and looped him through all the cabins.

I was probably wrong to sacrifice Tommy like that, but I didnt think it was right for Tommy to lead Jason to a Lachapa through that many cabins.

Five counselors on a small map? I'd say that's fair. Also, fuck that Tommy. We had one tonight who hid under a bed. It didn't save him.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:00 AM, Official_Adam_W said:

Had a great match today and made people scream due to use of stalk and shift

Can't go wrong making people scream. 

Decided to do a bit of QP. Last game of the night is me and a buddy and 6 randoms. Crystal Lake small. I'm Adam, buddy is Tiff. Final Chapter Jason. I find the gas early on, and keys. There is a battery dropped up North by the car near Cunningham road. So I head up there, passing every random who is running in a mob, and gas the car, which was the two seater, while tiff grabs the battery. My buddy notes no traps.

I put the gas in and am starting work on the battery when a Vanessa runs up. She plans to steal a seat. As I'm going for the drivers side I step in a trap. Way to go with that intel, buddy. No traps my ass. I'm limping and have no health spray. I get the car started just as Jason morphs in and my pal runs up ahead. We have the drill down pat. I immediately get the car started and drive up to him before Vanessa can steal his seat. I let him in and Vanessa disconnects like the poor sport they are. We had a quick run in with Jason, but he has terrible shift, so we get out without any real trouble.

While we were doing this, nothing else had gotten done. Nobody had called Tommy, nobody had found any other parts, they were just running in a pack, doing fuck all. Lets just say no randoms made it out alive. 

4 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I put the gas in and am starting work on the battery when a Vanessa runs up. She plans to steal a seat. As I'm going for the drivers side I step in a trap. Way to go with that intel, buddy. No traps my ass. I'm limping and have no health spray. I get the car started just as Jason morphs in and my pal runs up ahead. We have the drill down pat. I immediately get the car started and drive up to him before Vanessa can steal his seat. I let him in and Vanessa disconnects like the poor sport they are. . 

If I was that Vanessa, I wouldn't have gone for a seat that was already taken. However, if I'm lingering by the car that's already got enough passengers, it's to fight Jason when he shows up. 

I think I'm dropping out of multiplayer. It brings out the worst in me.

I had a mixed bag of half-decent matches. I was on both sides of Piñata Jason. A little kid burst into tears on the mic because he was being chain-stunned. He shouldn't be playing the game but it was still not particularly good to hear. I'm tired of chain-stuns and taunts. I'm tired of being called the n-word and whatever else. It's just not fun.

The game needs regular balance updates and some form of report system in-game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I had a mixed bag of half-decent matches. I was on both sides of Piñata Jason. A little kid burst into tears on the mic because he was being chain-stunned. He shouldn't be playing the game but it was still not particularly good to hear. I'm tired of chain-stuns and taunts. I'm tired of being called the n-word and whatever else. It's just not fun.

Just avoid Quick Play until the dedi are here.  You could still join us when in private games if you'd like.

derwkhy.gif?w=600&h=300

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Thor_Bjarnason said:

A minute later I was still laughing when Jason showed up and I stepped into his awkwardly placed trap only to get killed seconds later. I had to laugh at myself afterwards.

How many times have I wondered why a Jason would trap a spot that seems out of the way, only for me to end up running into it later on. It's like my brain says "Hey, remember those leaves over there, let's go investigate"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Tommy said:

If I was that Vanessa, I wouldn't have gone for a seat that was already taken. However, if I'm lingering by the car that's already got enough passengers, it's to fight Jason when he shows up. 

I'm all for that. Moreso in private when the fighting can actually get you killed. However in QP, I'm not giving a random a ride when my buddy helped, and is my buddy. 

We once had a four man crew in QP. A random nudged one of us out of the way of the four seater. We had to manipulate him out of the car. It was interesting. I've spoken about it before.

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Dude. This better not mean you're dropping out of playing with us. If you think I won't rent a moose to come up there and say mean things and make you cry, you're right. But I will say mean things here, because internet and all. 

1 hour ago, MRWood204 said:

How many times have I wondered why a Jason would trap a spot that seems out of the way, only for me to end up running into it later on. It's like my brain says "Hey, remember those leaves over there, let's go investigate"

I love trapping a random window if I have a spare or two. Counselor slinks out and unexpectedly gets a new bracelet. It's a little bit like Christmas.

3 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I love trapping a random window if I have a spare or two. Counselor slinks out and unexpectedly gets a new bracelet. It's a little bit like Christmas.

Me too. Especially when it hasn't even been opened yet.

Just now, MRWood204 said:

Me too. Especially when it hasn't even been opened yet.

That's when you do it. They come out from the inside thinking they are good. SNAP! You morph in to hear them cursing your name. It's beautiful. 

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Just avoid Quick Play until the dedi are here.  You could still join us when in private games if you'd like.

Totally agree with Rust here, Bears. If you're giving something up, give up QP. We enjoy playing with you too much in Private matches for you to drop off the radar. QP should be a last resort. Often I have an hour or two to play at a time. I would rather use the first half hour to find friends to play a private match with and only get one or two games in than to play 4-5 rounds of QP.

Here's one I forgot to mention. Packanack. I'm Adam, and I believe Jason is part 3 or 6. He definitely didn't have destruction. I ran into a big cabin with a flare gun in hand, found another right by the door and a third in a back room. Jason shows up shortly after but I have the house locked up and decide to have a bit of fun with it. I drop my gun and grab the other from the back.

So Jason breaks a window, and I shoot him. "Windows are expensive, stop that shit!" He gets over the stun and continues to break out the next window. I shoot him again while reiterating my point. So he's annoyed and breaks in the door. Bear trap! I hit him with the last flare in one of the small rooms on the other side of the cabin before exiting out of the window. I get to the next one before he can catch me and it's not long before a failed skill check has him looking for easier prey. 

Fun times.