It figures the only time I got to play with @Risinggrave and @lHeartBreakerl as Jason I would suck it up with a 2 out of 8 (just one of those, "everyone gets every objective going at once" games - whatchagonnado?), but it was still a great time. Both of them are good guys who play with the "it's just a game, after all" mindset that lets everyone laugh off even the most annoying of mistakes. Yesterday really was a blast! 

• Like 1

Generally, double XP weekends are bad for me, simply because quitters are far more rampant. Just had a full room and four of them quit immediately. In the game before that, the host quit just as the match was about to end. And my first game of the night, Jason quit. 

So, in four games, I got to finish two, but one of the two ended quickly because we had only three people right from the start. Met some cool people though. 

Thanks to @TheHansonGoons I was able to get in for several full rooms.  Of course, first round we played was the aforementioned "you can't kill us until you have Shift, mate!"  I thought they were friends of Hanson, so I went with it.  I was severely rusty and they were damned good, and I had about 3 of them cornered in Packanack Lodge right off the bat.  I didn't want to rock the boat, and thinking they were part of our club, I went along with the absurdity.  I went O/8 and they killed me.  They even complained that I didn't really fight back when I knew that I was borked.  They were chain stunning, I saw Tommy and Sweater girl there, so I let them have the moment.  The salt would have been worse had I morphed out or to the water...

After that things settled into a groove.  I really enjoyed it, save for my lack of skill.  Missing that fuse was embarrassing @Risinggrave, but I think I was hurried in that cabin because Jason showed up.  If I would have picked up that fuse, then it would have shown up on the map once I died shortly thereafter.  More innocent deaths on my conscience that I must take to my grave...  As for @BionicCapo, yeah, we're used to that.  Normally everyone else in our room has had a couple as well, though.  All in all it was a good time and a blast to revisit the game after a break, but some of the quirks and glitches just re-emphasized how badly we need the next update.  I'll likely play a bot round every now and then until the update, save for the rare occasion we get a full room going with this club.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2018 at 8:35 PM, RKSDooM said:

It figures the only time I got to play with @Risinggrave and @lHeartBreakerl as Jason I would suck it up with a 2 out of 8 (just one of those, "everyone gets every objective going at once" games - whatchagonnado?), but it was still a great time. Both of them are good guys who play with the "it's just a game, after all" mindset that lets everyone laugh off even the most annoying of mistakes. Yesterday really was a blast! 

That's the thing with us, Doom. We know how to push objectives. 

Also you definitely need to play with us more in the future. It was good running some games with you. 

1 hour ago, Dr B DDS said:

Thanks to @TheHansonGoons I was able to get in for several full rooms.  Of course, first round we played was the aforementioned "you can't kill us until you have Shift, mate!"  I thought they were friends of Hanson, so I went with it.  I was severely rusty and they were damned good, and I had about 3 of them cornered in Packanack Lodge right off the bat.  I didn't want to rock the boat, and thinking they were part of our club, I went along with the absurdity.  I went O/8 and they killed me.  They even complained that I didn't really fight back when I knew that I was borked.  They were chain stunning, I saw Tommy and Sweater girl there, so I let them have the moment.  The salt would have been worse had I morphed out or to the water...

After that things settled into a groove.  I really enjoyed it, save for my lack of skill.  Missing that fuse was embarrassing @Risinggrave, but I think I was hurried in that cabin because Jason showed up.  If I would have picked up that fuse, then it would have shown up on the map once I died shortly thereafter.  More innocent deaths on my conscience that I must take to my grave...  As for @BionicCapo, yeah, we're used to that.  Normally everyone else in our room has had a couple as well, though.  All in all it was a good time and a blast to revisit the game after a break, but some of the quirks and glitches just re-emphasized how badly we need the next update.  I'll likely play a bot round every now and then until the update, save for the rare occasion we get a full room going with this club.

It happens, Doc. I can't tell you how many times I've run right by a gas can sitting in plain sight. Between Jason showing and it being in some corner drawer, I get it. Hell I had to double check the cabin for it. 

Even before the engine update, I'm hoping to get a few lobbies up and running. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you. 

Edit: Also next time somebody tells you no killing before shift, kill that Mofo! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr B DDS said:

Lmao just pictured their reactions in my head as you morpher to the water. Lol not that I condone that behavior, for every action is an equal and opposite reaction. It would have been great to do it against them. I didnt consider that a legit kill. Who sets terms like "no spawn killing, mr. Killer"??

6 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Lmao just pictured their reactions in my head as you morpher to the water. Lol not that I condone that behavior, for every action is an equal and opposite reaction. It would have been great to do it against them. I didnt consider that a legit kill. Who sets terms like "no spawn killing, mr. Killer"??

you'd be surprised the shit that comes out of some peoples mouth to spare them early in matches. I get a kick out of female players that think they can sweet talk you. Jason has no sexual preference woman! Just cleaver to the groin....

• Haha 1

My friends and I were messing around and I wanted to see what happened if I crashed into the blue car full speed with the yellow car. The outcome had me dying with laughter 

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

My friends and I were messing around and I wanted to see what happened if I crashed into the blue car full speed with the yellow car. The outcome had me dying with laughter 

Its funny you say that because there was a match the other day where we had a demo derby and race with the two cars. Going full on and stopping the engine of one car is really fun. 

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

Its funny you say that because there was a match the other day where we had a demo derby and race with the two cars. Going full on and stopping the engine of one car is really fun. 

I do wonder what will happen if two cars crash into each other full speed.

On 4/16/2018 at 12:21 PM, Dr B DDS said:

It was fun!!!   Hadn't played Friday (or drank for that matter) in a while.  Hit me up if you ever need a player!

5 minutes ago, BionicCapo said:

It was fun!!!   Hadn't played Friday (or drank for that matter) in a while.  Hit me up if you ever need a player!

I just added you, we're going to try for a private group tonight starting around 10-11 EST on xbox

So tonight we had @Thatguyinktown @TheHansonGoons @Super Ty @JasonSquared @Alkavian @Zaneygrrl @BrokenFattHardy @TiffanyxAJ and myself. 

what I recall. 

Alk's ping was bad. Move to civilization.

Ty's shift was on point as it was last time we gathered. Also, he's blowing some eldritch abomination, because he was Jason about as often as the rest of us combined. He's not allowed to be Jason for at least a week. Coincidentally, that'll be when we next play. Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Guy had his game in gear. Got caught in a beautiful shift grab by him. 

Zaney plays Oompa Loompa Jason (Boo Hiss), but on the plus side, she has great taste in film. 

Finally got to play with Hardy. 

I cleared a bit better than half a lobby apiece in the two games I was Jason. Once on small Packanack, the other on Jarvis. 

Fun games, competitive play on both sides of the hockey mask. We only had one drop all night, the host (me) as Jason glitch. We also had Tiff get glitched  somehow and Hardy's Jason couldn't find him. Tiff backed out (salt mines for you!) and allowed our games to end. 

Oh everybody pulled a "I'm done for the night", yet reupped for one last game. good times, outside of Hanson taking one for the team and not being Jason at all. :sadchappa:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hey, don’t hate on my Jason, he’s got the BEST theme music! If only I could hear it when I’m playing him. ☹️

Its ok if you don’t “get it”, my love for him, you were not put on this earth to “get it”. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zaneygrrl said:

Hey, don’t hate on my Jason, he’s got the BEST theme music! If only I could hear it when I’m playing him. ☹️

Its ok if you don’t “get it”, my love for him, you were not put on this earth to “get it”. 😉

If only we could hear it! That Jason's music volume is so low I needed to pull out hearing aids. On the plus side, we could see his purple puss from a great distance. 

As far as getting it, I'm a reasonable guy, but I've just experienced some unreasonable things. 

• Haha 1

Alright we had our usual Thursday group gather last night (The bulk, anyhow.) 

@Thatguyinktown @InfamousWhasup @TheHansonGoons @Alkavian @Riot_Dame@Super Ty @Zaneygrrl @TiffanyxAJ @Dr B DDS

I was Jason first. As host. Didn't dashboard. Wow. It was the one time that was a thing. I got 5/8. Higgins small. Tommy was able to use his pocket knife to get the blue car going before I was aware. I caught up but at the bridge. I couldn't get in front, and somebody standing near the driver (that last guy they tried to save stopped me from dragging out the driver) I lost three there. I killed Tommy and that last counselor for the trouble. Nobody even tried to deal with the phone. 

In a game we had some random buddy of a player whiff and go 0/8. He was impressed how badass we were as counselors. It sounded like he had never taken on that level of coordination before. 

We had another random dude quit midgame. I was just about done with the phone call when he bounced. Word was getting stabbed in the neck and hit in melee may have soured him.

I got picked as Jason a second time, dashboarded. I gave my turn to Hanson who had gone all last week without being Jason. He was host. He dashboarded. I then take over hosting again and Hanson finally got to be Jason.. He did damn good. He was also Jason a second time, New Blood on Pinehurst. Killed all but Tommy. I was picked as Jason one last time but got dashboarded again. I was annoyed enough that I didn't even bother getting my turn in once we got a lobby back up.

Zaney had to take a break at one point on Crystal Lake Small. When she returned I had driven the car up to her. She got in and we picked up two others to escape. Easiest game ever she said. 

Alk joined. I remember his ping got me killed. Sonovabitch. 

Flipping, Ty went back to being Jason every other round for awhile. Stop blowing Cthulhu! 

And there were two other games that came to mind. One where everything went to shit on Jarvis. I stalled Jason as long as I could. Two pocket knives. Last alive was Riot as Tiff. I wondered aloud if she had found the last "Riot Stick." Alk laid me out with logic. "We named the things after her. Of course she found it." And she had. It wasn't long before Jason took it in the neck. 

Last game of the night we're down to about five. Higgins small. It had gone full circle. I start at Higgins Camp. I see that the phone box is at main house. First thing I find is the fuse and a health spray. As soon as Jason morphs I tank traps and successfully call the police. It's probably a minute into the game. Jason chased me down with the biggest hate boner. But I ran the clock down pretty good, and the 4 seater got started. That actually did more harm than good, though. It got Zaney and Riot killed. They shoulda just used the police. 

There were other hijinks too. Though that is what stands out to me over the 3.5 hours of play. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I stalled Jason as long as I could. Two pocket knives. Last alive was Riot as Tiff. I wondered aloud if she had found the last "Riot Stick." Alk laid me out with logic. "We named the things after her. Of course she found it." And she had. It wasn't long before Jason took it in the neck. 

i rue the day someone called pocket knives “riot sticks”.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

i rue the day someone called pocket knives “riot sticks”.

I was right though. Rising found two. That last one had to be in your pocket. The games gods would allow no other option. Nasty little Riotses...what does it have in its pockets? 😆🔪

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Flipping, Ty went back to being Jason every other round for awhile. Stop blowing Cthulhu!

Pfftt...I shift grabbed his ass and fed him my trident too. 😆

*Jason follows me into house*

*I close the door *

*He opens the door, I hit him with my axe and stun him*

*I close the door again*

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Zaney had to take a break at one point on Crystal Lake Small. When she returned I had driven the car up to her. She got in and we picked up two others to escape. Easiest game ever she said.. 

But I ran the clock down pretty good, and the 4 seater got started. That actually did more harm than good, though. It got Zaney and Riot killed. They shoulda just used the police.

I should go AFK more often for how easy that escape was. 😂

Only to follow it by not noticing the police on the way and hearing @Riot_Dame‘s warning about the car two seconds too late. 😭

• Haha 1

Alright. Played with the group on Thursday. A few things that stand out. 

@Thatguyinktown has mastered using Mitch as a melee fighter. "Were you born in a barn, mother fucker!" Slams a baseball bat in my face. "Close doors!" Thanks to him I hit rage often, even if it was a pain in the ass getting there. 

@Zaneygrrl is bringing her A game too. She quit using Oompa Loompa and had much success. 

@TheHansonGoons has the controversy of the evening. Some guy popped into our party (which we use to recall everybody for dropped games.) He starts inviting us to other games. We're all "who knows that guy?" Nobody fessed up. Until Hanson realized he was the guilty party. No cake for you. 

@Riot_Dame took @Alkavian for a 12 minute run. Alk was having some glitch issues but still cleared the lobby outside of her. His Psych game got me killed at the car. When it was said and done, Riot ran the timer down and still had a riot stick to spare. 

And finally, my game as Jason that was memorable. I had a run of the mill games as 3-D Jason where two on average got away, and finally swept the lobby my last game of the night as Manhattan. However as I was nearing my first sweep in the month we've been playing on Thursdays with Savini, @Dr B DDS runs in as our "savior", Tommy Jarvis. I yanked somebody from the car and he mercilessly shotgunned them down. I went 7/8 because of that sonovabitch. *Waving angry fist at the clouds* I'll get you, Doc! One day! 

Lastly without @Super Ty there, I seemed to get to be Jason every 3rd match. I want to say that I didn't suck off any eldritch abominations for the privilege and no abominations were harmed in the writing of this post. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

@Riot_Dame took @Alkavian for a 12 minute run. Alk was having some glitch issues but still cleared the lobby outside of her. His Psych game got me killed at the car. When it was said and done, Riot ran the timer down and still had a riot stick to spare.

@Riot_Dame is a fantastic evader. She really has gotten the art of Tiffany booty-evacuation down to a science. I tried throwing a knife at her 4 times...two times the knife passed through her (lag) and two times I got animation locked. ☠️The endless stream of bugs/glitches on my end Thursday was unbelievable. I might normally see one every couple matches...not a couple every match. Lots of animation/interaction locks. If I hadn't known better I would have thought @GhostWolfViking had dropped into a match with his bag of gremlins to hunt. Always a great time playing with you all, but damn that was frustrating (on my end).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

@Riot_Dame is a fantastic evader. She really has gotten the art of Tiffany booty-evacuation down to a science. I tried throwing a knife at her 4 times...two times the knife passed through her (lag) and two times I got animation locked. ☠️The endless stream of bugs/glitches on my end Thursday was unbelievable. I might normally see one every couple matches...not a couple every match. Lots of animation/interaction locks. If I hadn't known better I would have thought @GhostWolfViking had dropped into a match with his bag of gremlins to hunt. Always a great time playing with you all, but damn that was frustrating (on my end).

Yeah, you got the short end of the stick as far as glitches went. You still pulled some solid games, though. 

• Thanks 1