53 minutes ago, Davidt said:

I tried hiding in a tent till end of the round didnt work out i got killed by sleeping bag with guy making sound effects on each hit lol

:lol:

First time i hid in a tent and got the legendary Sleeping Bag kill! amazing

and i ALWAYS died so far except for the game i am currently specating where i played as the preppy guy (fuck him!) and i immediatly escaped in the car in just under 3 minutes lol)

Okay, well...

I always pick Chad (for some reason) and I promptly usually get killed.

Out of the four gamed I played this morning, I came across the fuse for he phone 3 times.

First game, I found the fuse and jason PROMPTLY was on my head and I quickly died. Same happened for the second game.

The third round was very interesting as I never found the fuse, though I found the phone box. I then had a pocket knife and a flaregun and hid in a tent for the last three minutes as the only survivor. This was chaos in the chat as people could not believe that the jason player couldn't find me and I successfully survived the round.

The fourth round was the most frustrating as I found the phone fuse, finally found the phone box, but once I did, some other player LEAD JASON RIGHT TO ME at which point Jason left the other dude alone and attacked me.

I've encountered some glitches, namely that I only got badges during my first round, my subsequent accomplishments not getting recorded (though I still got points and levels). The second being that none of my achievements have popped up. I also had one instance of the game black screen crashing when a lobby moved to gameplay (I have png generally around 74-80, so I'm not having an issue normally) and had to open the task manager to close the game but could re enter it with no issues.

4 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

First time i hid in a tent and got the legendary Sleeping Bag kill! amazing

and i ALWAYS died so far except for the game i am currently specating where i played as the preppy guy (fuck him!) and i immediatly escaped in the car in just under 3 minutes lol)

u get an achieve for dying in sleeping bag? cause that happened to me

My DLC code for the counselor clothing pack for PS4 isn't working, I saw they have said they have been experiencing some trouble with DLC and stuff and I heard about other PS4 peopleS DLC codes not working for Them either I was wondering if JPOPS or the Mods could jump in and just give us alittle information about what to do, should we just wait a little bit and try the codes again or is there somebody we need to contact to get this resolved?

Just now, Austin.JM said:

My DLC code for the counselor clothing pack for PS4 isn't working, I saw they have said they have been experiencing some trouble with DLC and stuff and I heard about other PS4 peopleS DLC codes not working for Them either I was wondering if JPOPS or the Mods could jump in and just give us alittle information about what to do, should we just wait a little bit and try the codes again or is there somebody we need to contact to get this resolved?

I think the guys at Gun are working on it. They said they'll update when it's resolved.

• Like 1

i encoutered a bug where a counselor apparently got killed in a fireplace or at least right next to it and the fireplace was facing the wrong directing, with the fire to the wall.... 

DAwRlhgXkAEW7Fb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davidt said:

u get an achieve for dying in sleeping bag? cause that happened to me

NOPE didnt get that any badge or trophy

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

I think the guys at Gun are working on it. They said they'll update when it's resolved.

Okay I was just wondering if I needed to contact somebody but I'm sure that they will send out information on what to do especially since like I said it's not just me experiencing this issue with PS4 DLC codes

25 minutes ago, JVS said:

Just wanted to let other users know that I Kickstarted this project when it started. I asked the company to send me a Playstation 4 Key for the game in February, never hearing back from anyone. I was instead sent a Steam key. Problem is I am a Mac user.  I asked the company to please exchange the Steam Key for a Playstation 4 key and was told no. I think it is unfair that I backed this project (huge fan) and am now being punished for doing so. The point of Kickstarter is to fund projects you believe in and hopefully get a slight discount for doing so. Now I already spent $30, and will have to spend another $40 if I actually want to play the game. This company seems to not care about the people that back them. I will no longer be Kickstarting anything personally. I also want to say that is pretty annoying to require users to know obscure facts about the films in order to even sign up for the forum. The answer to "What is the first final girl" question is Alice Hardy. Your so clever with your screwing customers and making things more difficult that they should be to even sign up for the forum Gun Media. Your the Friday the 13th Part 8 of customer service Gun Media.

So have you contacted Backerkit for help? Have you forwarded your receipt? Are you absolutely sure that you ordered a PS4 key? More info would be helpful. Apologies, but we are getting swamped with a ton of questions due to the launch. It's very tough for us to answer everyone...we're only 4 guys. 

1 minute ago, IH8YH said:

NOPE didnt get that any badge or trophy

oh ok i guess i read wrong thought u said u got achieve. In my defence ive had a few drinks and am drunk 

47 minutes ago, Austin.JM said:

Okay I was just wondering if I needed to contact somebody but I'm sure that they will send out information on what to do especially since like I said it's not just me experiencing this issue with PS4 DLC codes

From Ben

We're working on an issue with the DLC, a hotfix is in Sony testing right now, should have news soon. Those will go live soonest!

45 minutes ago, Davidt said:

oh ok i guess i read wrong thought u said u got achieve. In my defence ive had a few drinks and am drunk 

nah just ment that i got killed with that animation and since its a legendary kill from the franchise....

• Like 1

Only had time for one game this morning, will be getting back to it this evening for a long play session.

And luck of lucks, I got to be Jason first time out!

Though it meant I had even less of a clue about how to play :P I'd been expecting and thinking about the counselor stuff. Despite watching all that Beta footage I didn't mechanically have how to play in my head, the actual buttons, so I was pretty stop start but gradually got a little better. I was helped by counselors that also didn't know quite what to do! Didn't get the hang of knives or even have time to try out a trap. A Kenny in the game was glitching, flying in the air, and there I was with no knives at hand, typical. He got un-glitched and back on the ground at some point. Due to my unfamiliarity it was particularly tough finding the counselors when there were only a few left, most of my kills were in the first few minutes. Got three grab kills (choke, axe to the groin and head punched off) and finished with 5/8 killed, the rest survived the time rather than escaping. Fairly pleased with that.

I managed to record the last five minutes of my game. Nothing special, all but one of my kills came before this point, but here it is for posterity.

Marvel at the collection and wasting of knives! Gasp at the fumbling attempt to destroy a radio! Shriek at the fate of Chad! Thrill at the awesome climax when I forget both what the grab and what the block buttons are!

• Like 2

First match.....went as expected.  Couldn't figure out the controls.  Locked a few doors, found a walkie, climbed out of a window right to jason.  Hahaha.  I suck.   

8 hours ago, Davidt said:

I got speared in the eyeball and drowned so far have not managed to make an escape

I drowned too but  I only got to play 2 games because  nobody was on

I waited patiently to play it at midnight, lol! I played for 3 hours and it was amazing! Loving the game so far. I still have to play Jason, tho.

Played like 6 matches and survived only in 1 of those. I was lucky because others did all the work, I was looking for items in the cabins for our escape and I just happened to be around when others fixed the car, I heard the engine I got in the back seat, another player drive 3 of us to our freedom!  

Other than that I'm still figuring things, this is my first approach to the genre and I'm figuring the mechanics, strategies, figuring how to help my team. Loving every minute with it! 

• Like 2

My experience so far after having the game loaded up for over 1 hour is massive disappointment. The Jason on the screen I can see looks cool though. Haha. Why is there lines under my post? Oh well.

My two most noteworthy. Vanessa. I have a shotgun, a pocketknife, map. I'm hiding in a place where I have options. Game disconnects. I cry to the heavens "Whyyyyyyyyy!!!!!?"

Other time, I'm Chad. I have a pocketknife, first aid, got the car gassed, have keys. Can't find the battery. Eventually I get to where I'm in the upper story of Higgens house. Two minute warning hits. Jason comes through the door and I jump out a window. First aid spray myself. Sadly Jason teleports on top of me, swinging. I try limping away, but he grabs and proceeds to murder me.

I had a few other matches, one where I got hawked down while playing Vanessa, and one each with Kenny and Jenny where I survived do to the game abruptly ending. Never saw Jason either of those.

7 hours ago, IH8YH said:

i encoutered a bug where a counselor apparently got killed in a fireplace or at least right next to it and the fireplace was facing the wrong directing, with the fire to the wall.... 

DAwRlhgXkAEW7Fb.jpg

Baha, oh that poor lad. In one of my games this guy playing as Vanessa got stuck in the stairs outside of Packanack Lodge as we were all running from Jason, needless to say he was helpless when Jason found him and it didn't end so well.

3 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

My two most noteworthy. Vanessa. I have a shotgun, a pocketknife, map. I'm hiding in a place where I have options. Game disconnects. I cry to the heavens "Whyyyyyyyyy!!!!!?"

Other time, I'm Chad. I have a pocketknife, first aid, got the car gassed, have keys. Can't find the battery. Eventually I get to where I'm in the upper story of Higgens house. Two minute warning hits. Jason comes through the door and I jump out a window. First aid spray myself. Sadly Jason teleports on top of me, swinging. I try limping away, but he grabs and proceeds to murder me.

I had a few other matches, one where I got hawked down while playing Vanessa, and one each with Kenny and Jenny where I survived do to the game abruptly ending. Never saw Jason either of those.

Gaaaah that happened to me too, me and some other players were in the car and we were right at the exit when the game disconnected. We were right there about to win too lol.

Playing on the Public Servers has been annoying due to the XP bug. People get killed right off the bat for thinking they can fight Jason, then leave, and nobody gets any XP for the round except for actions during the round.

Still, had a lot of fun. Nobody expects to outlive Jason, so we did stupid stuff like hang out in the house with the radio in all talking at the top of our lungs. Some of us run off into the woods and hang out "drinking beer" and seeing if we can knock over gravestones, stuff like that.

The game's a lot more fun when you remember: You don't survive a Jason movie, you just get killed in a good way,.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TWillard said:

The game's a lot more fun when you remember: You don't survive a Jason movie, you just get killed in a good way,.

I love that. When I get some likes back, I'll hand one out.

If I can't make it out, then getting killed in a spectacular way is absolutely the way I wanna go. No lame melee deaths or thrown through an already shattered window. Make it cool, Jason.

My second round ever was really fun! Jason found me pretty quickly but I had a flaregun and med spray, I shot Jason when he busted down the door and dove out the window, I ran to the next cabin and found a bat, when he broke the door down I knocked him out with the bat, after doing this a few more times he gave up, then I heard someone on the walkie say they repaired the car so I ran over there, when I got there Jason showed up, I tried to hit him with the bat but missed, he killed me then stopped the car and killed the two people in it.

• Like 1

I had quite a few moments in the 3 hrs I got to play the game so I'll just "hit the highlights" sort to speak

- In my first (full) match as Jason I killed all 7 counselors in under 8 mins

- Started off a match (as AJ) next to 2 cabins (that also happened to be near the 4 seater car) that had the car battery, the map, the walkie, the car keys, a pocket knife, & a first aid spray. To top it all off on my way to the car I also found a gas can so within 3 mins of starting the match I had the 4 seater up & running. I picked up one person on my way to pick up 2 more counselors located to the north of me when Jason showed up, well the 2 people got in the car (4 people total) and as I started backing up to get turned around (I was on a dead end road) Jason pops up smashing the car in the process so I'm thinking to myself that I'm fucked. Well turns out right as that happened one of the people I had just picked up jumped out of the car and Jason (surprisingly) gave chase after them. By the time I had restarted the car and got it turned around he (the Jason player) had already used up most of their abilities trying (and succeeding) to kill the one guy who jumped out of the car.  So with Jason in my rearview ( for now since he had to wait for his abilities to recharge) I took off for the exit on the other side of the map with my 2 passengers and after one more brief encounter with him (he teleported into the middle of the road in front of me but I managed to swerve around him in time without crashing) we made it to the exit.

- This was more of a funny bug/glitch than a great moment but 4 of us tried to hop into the 4 seater when it started flying all over the map, then it got back on the map, then the car filled up with fog so that the only thing you could see was the other passangers & driver, then it flew off the map again, then it landed back on the map. At that point we all started hoping out and when we did we found that the car was now invisible not to mention one of the passengers was now stuck standing in the middle of the invisible car with no way to move.

- Was in another match (it was about 8 mins into the match and Tommy had already been called in/showed up) and while I was searching through a cabin I came across a set of car keys and a radio, meanwhile across the map 3 other players had essentially fixed up the 2 seater but didn't have the car keys. So they start frantically searching for the keys when Jason shows up and starts chasing after them (I know this cause 2 of them also had radios & were yelling/talking to each other), while all this is going on I and one other player get over there to the car. I start the car, the other player hops in and we start taking off. Just then the Tommy player shows up yelling at us to stop. I tell him I can't pick him up cause it's a 2 seater and while all this is going on I come to the realization that I'm heading down a dead end road so I start backing up, stopping to avoid backing into a giant boulder. Just as that was happening the Tommy player decides to stop right in front of the car and since "Friendly Fire" had been disabled for this particular lobby I couldn't run his ass over nor could I move the car (there essentially was no gap I could maneuver the car to in order to get around him) so we're (my passenger & I) essentially trapped because "Tommy" decided to be an ass. So during this whole time we're (the Tommy player & I) yelling at each other while the "spectating" players are watching this all go down laughing their asses off. Well finally the Tommy player gives in and moves out of the way and I take off before he changes his mind or Jason shows up, which fortunately didn't happen as we made it to the exit without further incident. 

• Like 2