Sorry if there is already an existing thread like this, I didn't see one but I could have missed it. Figured it would be fun to hear about others experiences with the game, with it being launch day and all. 

So what happened to you in Friday the 13th? Memorable Chase? Awesome Win? Hilarious Moments? Share!

Iv'e played about 2 hours so far, just six games total so not like I've played a ton. But my last two matches were pretty fun. One was as Jason, thankfully I learned from my mistakes the first time around(I was Jason in my very first game and was a mess, think I only killed like 3 councilors because I was figuring out the controls/mechanics). This time I managed to slash everyone to bits and it felt great. Idk but for me when I am Jason I really want to do a good job playing as him so that the game is fun for the councilors too. I found Vanessa and Kenny to be the more 'challenging' councilors to kill in the right hands. Though Vanessa seems to be a lot easier if you save her for last and keep on her so she can't regain her stamina. 

Another game I just finished playing as Vanessa and served as a distraction, since I wasn't on mic I figured the best I could do for the team was to try and keep Jason occupied for as long as possible. He was after me for the first half of the game and it was a good chase! I had an axe and managed to stun him on two occasions, and break free once. He was a persistent little f****r and i commend him for that lol. He finally got me and the others starting dropping one by one :x Someone playing as Kenny almost escaped in the car, but crashed on the bride allowing Jason to catch up and ruin the car before killing the final player. It was a good match and some of the other players put up great fights when being chased by Jason. 

2 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Don't even have one can't play on Xbox yet

That sucks :/ I wasn't expecting to be able to play tonight. Hope you can soon.

It has been a great experience overall. Minor issues, which I went into in the NO WIRE HANGARS...OR NEGATIVITY thread...nothing worth repeating. I will say this: use mics, people! It's lonely in these woods!

• Like 1

I got speared in the eyeball and drowned so far have not managed to make an escape

My experience is that I am the loudest person on the face of this planet.

Jason tends to find me first. 

In my first match I died second to last because Tommy missed his shot and ran off even though I had the car keys (I was also wounded from walking into a bear trap like a moron an allied counselor put down so its was mostly my fault)but besides that I tend to die first especially because I'm a complete newbie and I'm not familiar with the map that much.

Playing as the counselor doesn't seem that fun right now, but obviously I'm new so I probably just need to get use to how the mechanics work in this game.

Also I saw a bug where two people went into a tent and got stuck and were apparently really hard for Jason to hit. He eventually killed them though.

I always feel guilty not using a mic, but it's just never going to work at night with my living arrangement. Roommates. Still I do what I can to make up for it.

Just now, UntilDawna said:

I always feel guilty not using a mic, but it's just never going to work at night with my living arrangement. Roommates. Still I do what I can to make up for it.

Did you get it on PS4? If so, just curious as to how the servers were and how the game performance was.

3 minutes ago, OverpoweredSoap said:

My experience is that I am the loudest person on the face of this planet. 

In my first match I died second to last because Tommy missed his shot and ran off even though I had the car keys (I was also wounded from before so its was mostly my fault)but besides that I tend to die first especially because I'm a complete newbie and I'm not familiar with the map that much.

Playing as the counselor doesn't seem that fun right now, but obviously I'm new so I probably just need to get use to how the mechanics work in this game.

I feel you. I'm still trying to get a lay of the land. My first game as a councilor I died running around looking for one of the exits the cops show up at lol.

2 minutes ago, disco romance said:

Did you get it on PS4? If so, just curious as to how the servers were and how the game performance was.

I have it on PS4. Watching Jenny run around at the moment. Escaped at the beginning of the match. Servers are fine, game performs well. Controls are difficult to get used to, but you learn after a match or two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, disco romance said:

In two games everyone lost connection, out of 7. 

Servers have been varying, last one I waited about 10 minutes to find a server.

3 minutes ago, disco romance said:

Finding a match takes a while, once you're in - gameplay is pretty smooth. There have been a few glitches I've seen, one was a counselor getting stuck in a tall cabinet, half of his body was in, other half out. lol

• Like 3

Just now, The Razor's Edge said:

Finding a match takes a while, once you're in - gameplay is pretty smooth. There have been a few glitches I've seen, one was a counselor getting stuck in a tall cabinet, half of his body was in, other half out. lol

I assume it's because not many people have it yet. I'm fully expecting to see glitches, haha.

I've died 4 times total so far. 2 as counselor, 2 as Tommy. Been: choked to death, burned in a fire place, head chopped off and body slammed to death. 

My first match as Jason, killed 2 / 6. Did the choke kill, and used the axe to kill a counselor - swung 3 times. Controls take some getting used to.

6 minutes ago, The Razor's Edge said:

I've died 4 times total so far. 2 as counselor, 2 as Tommy. Been: choked to death, burned in a fire place, head chopped off and body slammed to death. 

My first match as Jason, killed 2 / 6. Did the choke kill, and used the axe to kill a counselor - swung 3 times. Controls take some getting used to.

Jason is much more difficult to control than I thought he would be. But I did get to punch off a person's head and that felt awesome.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Jason is much more difficult to control than I thought he would be. But I did get to punch off a person's head and that felt awesome.

Nice!

Yeah, I noticed that too. After about 4 matches, I think I will have the hang of it.

Played Jason in my last game managed to kill 3/6. Someone tried to escape on boat I grabbed them from the dock and strangled them,

another later on got the boat but I swam after them pulled them out and drowned them. 

3rd person I killed in closet 

I only have two Jasons and I prefer Part 6. That spear is awesome and I found him easier to play than 3, weirdly. They did say your favorites will depend on your play style, maybe that is the case. Had a great time playing with some gaymers. Unlocked Deb and I love her so much. She can hold a place down against Jason. 

Ive had one Jason round, got 6 kills. About 16 camper games played, I managed to escape about 8 times. Enjoying the hell out of it so far. I was playing with 3 friends and going into public matches. With us actively talking to others it was pretty great! We managed to get randos who actively used the mic.

My funnest moment was probibly when I was giving this Jason the run around in Pakanak. I managed to stall him out for 11 minutes, and the entire time we where talking to each other and I was giving him hints on playing Jason, he kept getting progressively better until eventually I fucked up.

It was a chase funner than ANY I had in beta.

• Like 4

Through you guys, I get to play the game :P  Glad you're all enjoying it, hope I'll be able to play later today and there won't be too many tech issues.

Till now a shitty exp. but it come from the side of servers, i'm from South America and i always get in USA servers with 200+ms, and the worst thing is they said we will have SA servers on launch. I already leaved 20 Lobbies and search again to see if i can get into one of those supposed SA servers, maybe it's a another lie.

Match Making searching by "REGION" my balls, i remember getting in a server with 280ms and saw ppl talking in japanese.

It sounds like i won't be able to play til around at least 2 or 3pm today.  But, i do have a question if anyone could help.  I'll be on ps4.  I got my codes sent but it isn't in the store yet due to release time.  Question is.  When i go to put in codes...do i do that on the game page or redeem codes section? Sorry, I'm pretty new to ps4.  Thanks. 

I tried hiding in a tent till end of the round didnt work out i got killed by sleeping bag with guy making sound effects on each hit lol

2 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Ive had one Jason round, got 6 kills. About 16 camper games played, I managed to escape about 8 times. Enjoying the hell out of it so far. I was playing with 3 friends and going into public matches. With us actively talking to others it was pretty great! We managed to get randos who actively used the mic.

My funnest moment was probibly when I was giving this Jason the run around in Pakanak. I managed to stall him out for 11 minutes, and the entire time we where talking to each other and I was giving him hints on playing Jason, he kept getting progressively better until eventually I fucked up.

It was a chase funner than ANY I had in beta.

That's awesome, dude. Way to be a good and helpful player.  I will try to be the same way but i suck at games. 

47 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It sounds like i won't be able to play til around at least 2 or 3pm today.  But, i do have a question if anyone could help.  I'll be on ps4.  I got my codes sent but it isn't in the store yet due to release time.  Question is.  When i go to put in codes...do i do that on the game page or redeem codes section? Sorry, I'm pretty new to ps4.  Thanks. 

Redeem Codes section :)

• Like 1