Rotting Corpse

Best Film In a Series

I just realized The Conjuring will be eligible for this come June when the sequel is out. There's the sequel and also the Annabelle prequel from 2014. The original is one of my favorite Horror films and Annabelle wasn't bad though not nearly as good.

Friday The 13th - Original

Halloween - Halloween III: Season of the Witch

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Freddy's Revenge

Saw - Saw VI

Scream - Scream 4

Phantasm - Phantasm IV: Oblivion

Evil Dead - Evil Dead / Evil Dead 2

Alien - Original

Predator - Original

Child's Play - Child's Play 2

Hellraiser - Original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Original

Insidious - Original

Final Destination - Final Destination 2

Maniac Cop - Maniac Cop 2

Puppet Master - Puppet Master 5

Poltergeist -  Original

Leprechaun - Leprechaun 3

I Know What You Did Last Summer - Original

Resident Evil - Original / Retribution

The Exorcist - Original

Psycho - Original

Prom Night - Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II
The Amityville Horror - Amityville II: The Possession
Silent Night, Deadly Night - Original
Sleepaway Camp - Original
Night of the Demons - Original

Wishmaster - Original
Creepshow - Creepshow 2

Friday The 13th: Jason x (I know it's bad... but I can't help but love it for that)

Halloween: Original

A Nightmare On Elm Street: New Nightmare

Saw: Saw VI

Scream: Scream 4 & Original tie!

Phantasm: Original (Only one in the series I've seen)

Evil Dead: Evil Dead 3

Alien: Haven't seen (I know, I'm awful)

Predator: Haven't seen (I know, I'm awful)

Child's Play: Curse of Chucky

Hellraiser: Original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Texas Chainsaw The Beginning (Purely for R Lee Ermey)

Insidious: Original

Final Destination: The Final Destination (AKA Part 4)

Paranormal Activity: None of them. I genuinely loathe the entire series

Friday The 13th: Jason x (I know it's bad... but I can't help but love it for that)

Halloween: Original

A Nightmare On Elm Street: New Nightmare

Saw: Saw VI

Scream: Scream 4 & Original tie!

Phantasm: Original (Only one in the series I've seen)

Evil Dead: Evil Dead 3

Alien: Haven't seen (I know, I'm awful)

Predator: Haven't seen (I know, I'm awful)

Child's Play: Curse of Chucky

Hellraiser: Original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Texas Chainsaw The Beginning (Purely for R Lee Ermey)

Insidious: Original

Final Destination: The Final Destination (AKA Part 4)

Paranormal Activity: None of them. I genuinely loathe the entire series

First time in my life I've seen someone put Final Destination 4 as the best of the series.

But I agree on Saw VI. Great one that is, especially after IV and V.

Definitely see Alien and Predator ASAP. At least the first two of each.

Yeah I was thinking that'd be the best way to start. I mean technically I have seen Prometheus but...I want to pretend I didn't because that movie bored my brainsout

Also the Phantasm sequels are well worth seeing if you liked the original.

Definitely need to get them at some point. I liked that it was something so different. It wasn't the typical "Man with knife finds teens naked and stabs them" movie (Which I do enjoy, but sometimes something different helps)

First time in my life I've seen someone put Final Destination 4 as the best of the series.

But I agree on Saw VI. Great one that is, especially after IV and V.

I only put it up there because by that point you could kind of tell they were really reaching for ideas on kills and coming up with some of the stupidest things yet somehow making them work, like that weirdly ingenious scene in the barber shop where they build up every potential lethal weapon  in the barbershop like the chair, the fan, the hair dryer, only to kill the character with a rock flying out of a lawnmower. Or the escalator scene which is so over the top that it was impressive they even pulled it off. It's easily the one I easily got the most enjoyment out of... same reason Jason x is in there, I'm sure technically it's not the best, but I can watch it for days and not be bored.

Yeah those two were kind of the low points of the series, probably why part 6 didn't do so well financially which is a shame cos I enjoyed how they tied everything to the health care debate, easily the smartest in the already pretty smart series

Don't know if The Crow counts as Horror (I think it does). Only seen the first which is a favorite of mine. From the sound of things, I''m not missing out by not seeing the sequels.

The Conjuring 2 is definitely the best yet of the series and I quite enjoyed The Purge: Election Year but I think I like Anarchy the best overall of that series.

The Purge: Election Year was quite good and I liked it though I think I still like Anarchy the best of that series overall by a smidge.

Also Blair Witch will be eligible for this next month when the surprise third movie is out. I've seen the original, it's pretty meh overall to me though I do like the backstory and lore behind the Blair Witch herself. Never saw the second.

Seeing The Rings trailer last night when I went to see Don't Breathe reminded me how I've yet to see a single Ringu/Ring film.

I think ive seen the first but after seeing the rings trailer i was thinking y havent i seen all the movies in this series yet? It will be next on my list of movies to watch

The new Blair Witch was meh. Some good moments but overall it didn't leave an impression. Not seen the second but I've seen the original and this one and between the two I actually probably slightly preferred this one.

With anthologies I remembered the Goosebumps TV show. It was hit and miss, and many of the later episodes were especially lame and goofy, but in the first couple of seasons there were a fair number of good episodes. IMO the best is The Werewolf Of Fever Swamp which was actually rather scary and intense by the usual standards of the show, which is saying a lot considering how silly it got later on.

Friday The 13th - Part V

Halloween - HIII/H4 - So close

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Dream Warriors

Saw - First, I guess.

Scream - The original, easily.

Phantasm - n/a

Evil Dead - n/a

Alien - Aliens (though Alien is right there)

Predator - The original, easily

Child's Play - Love the first two equally

Hellraiser - The original

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - TCM 2

Insidious - n/a

Final Destination - Original

Paranormal Activity - PA 3

Im all about Part 3 and Final Chapter for F13. 

Alien is definitely a more thorough movie to me than Aliens. I liked the psychological horror vs the action-oriented horror of Aliens. 

Of course, when it comes to Romero...the original is still the best in what it accomplished. The other movies always felt campy, even though I loved the remake of Dawn of the Dead in 2004....(don't shoot me, I'll see myself out.) 

Hey Ben, the closing credits to F13th The Game should play over the part 3 beat. Hella badass that would be.