Sign in to follow this  
R.J MacReady

Can't launch on Steam

So, I have the game on Steam, pre-loaded it, and I get an error saying msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll are missing (they weren't). So I reinstalled those and now I just get an error stating that the application can't be launched. This is seriously disappointing, who do I talk to, to get some help fixing this issue or to get a refund? Because with everything that's gone down this week with this game and now this....I'm really not happy.

P.S I'm not the only Steam PC user not able to launch the game, check the Steam comments, happening to a bunch of people, and before anyone says it's my PC, it's played way more intensive games such as Battlefield and L4D so I don't wanna hear that. 

I keep getting this message:

Do you think downloading the virtual cabin will help me?

IMG_1178.JPG

Zombie79:

If you have the virtual cabin, it's worth trying.

That looks like direct X audio. I did not have that error

Maybe try installing direct x stand alone, or a few other steam games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xwred5 said:

Zombie79:

I don't have the virtual cabin. :( I think it was for backers, right?

3 minutes ago, xwred5 said:

Zombie79:

Do you have a suggestion for a direct X standalone? I really appreciate your help!

I am also guessing running UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe might help resolve any issues (Change your directory)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F13Game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xwred5 said:

Maybe: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

I am not sure about this. I did not have the error

OMG xwred5 - you are my fucking HERO!!! It worked!! I'm on now. I hope I get to play a match with you sometime soon. Are you on Steam or Xbox? Can I give you my first born? lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zombie79 said:

OMG xwred5 - you are my fucking HERO!!! It worked!! I'm on now. I hope I get to play a match with you sometime soon. Are you on Steam or Xbox? Can I give you my first born? lol

haha np man. I just love Friday the 13th. I want to see the game do well and the franchise live on. 

I am on steam and PS4, same as my username.

I do need to go to bed, work tomorrow. Have fun!

31 minutes ago, xwred5 said:

haha np man. I just love Friday the 13th. I want to see the game do well and the franchise live on. 

I am on steam and PS4, same as my username.

I do need to go to bed, work tomorrow. Have fun!

Awesome, I'll find you on Steam. They've started a group on there if you are interested:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F13forums

thanks again for being awesome - sleep well!

6 hours ago, Matheusskaterpbi said:

I downloaded it: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 And it ended up working thank you

I'm glad that this works for some people but it does not work for me, when I did this all I got afterwards was application failed to launch.

I'm serious, who do I talk to about getting a refund, I got sold a broken game.

10 hours ago, R.J MacReady said:

I'm glad that this works for some people but it does not work for me, when I did this all I got afterwards was application failed to launch.

I'm serious, who do I talk to about getting a refund, I got sold a broken game.

If you post some additional information (system, what is the current error message), there is a chance others can help. I would also recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the steam app.

Good luck!

i am having same issue , running i7 6950 1080ti , 32gig ram , i am getting same things as above saying msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll are missing

i got a refund on steam

3 minutes ago, jsullivan1976 said:

i am having same issue , running i7 6950 1080ti , 32gig ram , i am getting same things as above saying msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll are missing

i got a refund on steam

Did you try the VC++ installer (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F13Game\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe ? I guess it's a moot point if you got a refund.

None of the above fixes work for me. I have the same issue with the MSVP140.dll, says it's corrupted or "not made for windows". I have an upgraded Win10 set-up from the free upgrade launch of Win10.

When I attempted to install any of the suggested files, I find that I have newer files on my computer and Microsoft won't replace an old file over a new.

Is there a fix for this then?  I've gotten two big patches and still get the same issue, I've uninstalled and re-installed 3-4 times now, and done repairs on the files as well as the steam local files. I've done everything in this post and the others I've found.

I'd really like to play this game that I purchased on Thursday.... thanks

4 minutes ago, ☢♛❤DU GødǾfWằr❤♛☢ said:

pls help

Thank you for using an existing post rather than creating a new one. Hopefully someone here or @[IllFonic]Courier can help you.

Just now, ☢♛❤DU GødǾfWằr❤♛☢ said:

he does not answer

He actually does the best job jumping into issues like this. Granted he might not, but it's worth a shot right?