Sign in to follow this  
Tombstones

Stop spreading the Negativity

Seriously!
90% of all of the threads I read today, were nothing but negative BS! (bashing, whining, complaining, etc etc etc...)

I can understand Some negative feedback here & there with any choices they make.

But its gotten Way out of hand!

Honestly, those of you who are going bat turd crazy are ruining the hype for others.

Everyone already knows the specific reasons people are mad, so I wont go there.

Play the game!
If you enjoy it, Play it!
If you do not, then simply Dont play it!

Nothing wrong with constructive feedback though, just enough of the bonfire flaming negativity!

Its just a Game.

Stop & remember that.

• Like 7

I agree. Some people just seem to enjoy being angry. =(

Me, I just deal with it. I try to make the right decisions in life, and I don't have to *like* everything, but getting overly upset about so many small things in life just is too much effort.

• Like 1

This happens with any game close to launch. It is completely predictable and boring. And it's going to be around for a while. Just wait until the servers start experiencing problems.

• Like 1

So many posts on here lately i cant keep up and a lot of it is complaining about ps4 launch or that streamers got the game early

There have been a lot of unexpected developments in the past month and people react in different ways. Some are REALLY LOUD, some say their piece and move on, and some just say nothing while hoping for the best. It's best to let people process their emotions however they process them while monitoring the situation and not agitating it. Report a post if you think it violates the TOS, otherwise...not worth engaging people that you will get into a potential argument with. 

Everyone handles things differently. I don't think it's nearly as bad as it's made out to be. Everywhere, not just this forum, is basically a dumpster fire (to quote @Risinggrave). Inside of a lot of the negativity are some very valid points and arguments. Because you disagree with them does not make them inherently bad or negative. When everyone praises a game- no one makes a thread asking if people can stop all the positivity.

You can help keep criticism constructive by engaging those you think are negative and drawing out what you perceive to be a worthy complaint. Making a thread to complain about complaining accomplishes nothing but basic irony.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Everyone handles things differently. I don't think it's nearly as bad as it's made out to be. Everywhere, not just this forum, is basically a dumpster fire (to quote @Risinggrave). Inside of a lot of the negativity are some very valid points and arguments. Because you disagree with them does not make them inherently bad or negative. When everyone praises a game- no one makes a thread asking if people can stop all the positivity.

You can help keep criticism constructive by engaging those you think are negative and drawing out what you perceive to be a worthy complaint. Making a thread to complain about complaining accomplishes nothing but basic irony.

STOP STEALING MY LIKES! YOU'VE WON ENOUGH DAYS!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't think I said that, BoB. I likely got attributed responding to somebody who said it. 

My take on the matter is that there should be a few threads on here to discuss/bitch/complain/whatever people want to call it and those who don't want the negativity can stick to other threads. On the other hand, people wanting to start the umpteenth thread (likely with a title like "GUNS A BUNCH OF LIARS" in all caps) should stick to preexisting threads to complain. 

A bit of moderation on both sides and everybody gets what they want, more or less. 

3 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

STOP STEALING MY LIKES! YOU'VE WON ENOUGH DAYS!

I think I probably have. I'm taking a bit of a break soon. Thinking of playing a game this weekend. ;)

• Like 1

It's like if you went to McDonalds because they said McRib was back, burned 10 miles of gas money in your old 10mpg pickup truck, and it turns out they don't have it. In my case, I'll just order something off the dollar menu and eat anyway, since I'm already there -- no skin off my back.

Other people had their heart set on McRib and will just drive off somewhere else.

And then there's the old dude in his sticker-laden pickup who screams for 15 minutes into the drive thru intercom about how it's his right as an American to get the McRib and he's suing them for fraud. Meanwhile everyone else is stuck behind him in line wincing and wishing he would disappear, because they just want to eat a burger in peace.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I don't think I said that, BoB. I likely got attributed responding to somebody who said it. 

My take on the matter is that there should be a few threads on here to discuss/bitch/complain/whatever people want to call it and those who don't want the negativity can stick to other threads. On the other hand, people wanting to start the umpteenth thread (likely with a title like "GUNS A BUNCH OF LIARS" in all caps) should stick to preexisting threads to complain. 

A bit of moderation on both sides and everybody gets what they want, more or less. 

My bad. I heard the term for the first term, or it clicked it with me for the first time, recently. I'd heard "hot garbage" before though.

26 minutes ago, JyusannichiKibou said:

It's like if you went to McDonalds because they said McRib was back, burned 10 miles of gas money in your old 10mpg pickup truck, and it turns out they don't have it. In my case, I'll just order something off the dollar menu and eat anyway, since I'm already there -- no skin off my back.

Other people had their heart set on McRib and will just drive off somewhere else.

And then there's the old dude in his sticker-laden pickup who screams for 15 minutes into the drive thru intercom about how it's his right as an American to get the McRib and he's suing them for fraud. Meanwhile everyone else is stuck behind him in line wincing and wishing he would disappear, because they just want to eat a burger in peace.

This about sums it up with all things. :)

So what you're saying is that the devs can do whatever they want....change their story...lie to us and were supposed to say NO PROBLEM THANKS FOR MAKING THE GAME.  

Nah. They've pulled some BS and a lot of us are past the point of acting like its OK. 

I was talking to a steam friend I made when I gave him a beta code. Hes one of the guys that was part of our group trying to kill Jason. Hes not buying it now because he saw it done and because he saw that the devs lied about it being possible during beta. Hes never even been to this forum. This was a dick move not just to us but overall. 

• Like 1

I'm just saying that it's such a minor thing there's no need to be loudly upset about it. It happens all the time. You ask for your burger with extra mustard and they say sure, and then they screw up and you get a burger with no mustard instead. You bite into the burger and think it's great, though from the taste you suspect that there's no mustard in it. You can:

1) Eat the burger anyway.

2) Say "Hey you said you'd give extra mustard, but you didn't." and they say "Oh, well we'll add the mustard now." (And look, you can kill Jason now!) and then you eat the burger.
3) Decide to never come back because mustard is that important to you, and you will never trust them again because they didn't put on mustard at first even though they said they did.

4) Whine and flail and scream about what a horrible injustice it is that you were given a mustardless burger when they said they'd put extra mustard on it. They will put mustard on it now, but you are upset because you feel your experience was *ruined* and it can never be fixed even when they put mustard on it now, because they can never go back in time and undo your horrific mustardless burger experience.

Seriously. Someone at Gun said something that was not true. I'm not even sure they realized it wasn't true at the time. If it was about something like your boss telling you your badly-needed paycheck is in the mail, or your sexual partner saying they'd tested clean when in fact they were HIV-positive, these are big deals.

This is a feature in a buggy beta that turned out to not be enabled, and it's still enabled in the final game, and it's silly that anyone is getting upset about it.

It's a video game. It's super silly to get mouthfrothy about it. Though to be fair this not as bad as Chris-chan pepper spraying the Gamestop employee over the color of Sonic the Hedgehog's arms.

2 hours ago, Tombstones said:

Seriously!
90% of all of the threads I read today, were nothing but negative BS! (bashing, whining, complaining, etc etc etc...)

I can understand Some negative feedback here & there with any choices they make.

But its gotten Way out of hand!

Honestly, those of you who are going bat turd crazy are ruining the hype for others.

Everyone already knows the specific reasons people are mad, so I wont go there.

Play the game!
If you enjoy it, Play it!
If you do not, then simply Dont play it!

Nothing wrong with constructive feedback though, just enough of the bonfire flaming negativity!

Its just a Game.

Stop & remember that.

Yes! Thank you for posting- I was going to say the same thing. IT'S JUST A GAME PEOPLE!

So many of the backers (and I realize it's not ALL backers, but...) have this crazy sense of entitlement, and the complaining is getting way out of control. Just accept the fact that Gun Media probably did everything in its power to deliver the best game possible and meet the expectations of their fans, but with any launch of a product there are going to be unexpected bumps along the road.  They can't be everything to everyone. I am personally grateful to them, and I don't care what goes wrong (even if I do have the impossible hope that the Savini Jason comes back for sale down the line, ha ha – won't that cause the complainers to lose their panties! ?)

In all seriousness, remember that a few months down the line no one is going to care about these silly lunch issues! There will be corrective patches, more DLC, and  we are all going to be too busy enjoying the game to care about what happened in the past. We are all huge fans and this is a dream come true!

So let's all try to be positive and happy that the day is finally here! The game we thought would never happen has happened and we are all about to play it! Together!  ?

Ki ki ki ma ma ma.... ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

So what you're saying is that the devs can do whatever they want....change their story...lie to us and were supposed to say NO PROBLEM THANKS FOR MAKING THE GAME.  

Nah. They've pulled some BS and a lot of us are past the point of acting like its OK. 

I was talking to a steam friend I made when I gave him a beta code. Hes one of the guys that was part of our group trying to kill Jason. Hes not buying it now because he saw it done and because he saw that the devs lied about it being possible during beta. Hes never even been to this forum. This was a dick move not just to us but overall. 

Blood, I'm sorry to be a dick because that's totally not my style, but you've been one of the most negative people here, and you're really bringing down my experience. You're completely overreacting. There's always going to be a difference between what someone says they can do (in a perfect situation) and what they can actually do in reality, and for you to go on and on like there are these lying villains just because everything didn't go according to the way you wanted it to is so over-the-top. I'm sure they tried their best to get everything right, but nobody's perfect. 

Seriously man, reassess.  There are much bigger things in the world to worry about. ?

16 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Yes! Thank you for posting- I was going to say the same thing. IT'S JUST A GAME PEOPLE!

So many of the backers (and I realize it's not ALL backers, but...) have this crazy sense of entitlement, and the complaining is getting way out of control. Just accept the fact that Gun Media probably did everything in its power to deliver the best game possible and meet the expectations of their fans, but with any launch of a product there are going to be unexpected bumps along the road.  They can't be everything to everyone. I am personally grateful to them, and I don't care what goes wrong (even if I do have the impossible hope that the Savini Jason comes back for sale down the line, ha ha – won't that cause the complainers to lose their panties! ?)

In all seriousness, remember that a few months down the line no one is going to care about these silly lunch issues! There will be corrective patches, more DLC, and  we are all going to be too busy enjoying the game to care about what happened in the past. We are all huge fans and this is a dream come true!

So let's all try to be positive and happy that the day is finally here! The game we thought would never happen has happened and we are all about to play it! Together!  ?

Ki ki ki ma ma ma.... ❤️

Zombie79 this is exactly right.  I've been following this game since it was Summer Camp, even before they got the license to call it Friday the 13th and I was thinking , wow what a great thing!  Finally someone who is putting out a game I really want to be in!  They they got the license to actually make it F13 and holy cow did I do snoopy dances for a week!  How cool is it to finally have (at least MY favorite) franchise in a game that will let me experience it all from both sides.  I held off backing in the initial kickstarter, but got in on the action once they opened the backer-kit.  I spent 120 bucks on the steelcase edition because I love the franchise and believed in the game that they were making.  I have not been active on these forums, but with that I had gotten to know more of you in the interim.  Now, just mere hours away from launch I have been reading through most of these forums and it's kind of a buzzkill. 

I have been watching Beta gameplay and enjoyed that, and now am watching some of the groups play through today and it all (except maybe the swallow your soul hair life that seems to happen) looks absolutely amazing!  I just can't wait to play this game.  I'm a backer and I am not upset at streamers getting first cracks, heck I have been watching them.  That's just the sate of business and media in our current time.  Gun and Illfonic have made a lifelong dream come true and they have done an amazing job from what I have seen.  They can only control what is in their VERY small sphere of influence (What they do IN HOUSE)  EVERYTHING else is up to the control of others, ie M$ and S0ny etc.  We cannot hold them liable for the business practices of other companies.

And, really this business about could you/could you not kill Jason in the beta and streamers getting to it first and all is just overblown whining.  If you need a youtube video with worlds first....something on it to make you feel special, then go do something special.  I mean, no one has carved an iceberg into the shape of Mike Patton's ass yet.  :)

I am not saying that some people do not have good points.  Sure there are constructive criticism lying around all over the place.  BUT we often forget that they are not working on a budget of $30m with an ad campaign of another $10m.  This is two guys who had a dream and shared it with some of their friends and basically started a garage band.  Now that band is opening for GnR and your trying to hold them to the same mold.  It doesn't fit.  But in time...who knows, maybe they BECOME the new GnR.

I'm just trying to say that I support the vision for this game and the company that has made it.  I will gladly buy 10 more copies of the game if that's what it takes to keep it alive, fruitful and full of new content for those of us who hold Crystal Lake as a place akin to a second home.  So, let's all play together and enjoy what has been given to us for as long as we have it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lordazen said:

Zombie79 this is exactly right.  I've been following this game since it was Summer Camp, even before they got the license to call it Friday the 13th and I was thinking , wow what a great thing!  Finally someone who is putting out a game I really want to be in!  They they got the license to actually make it F13 and holy cow did I do snoopy dances for a week!  How cool is it to finally have (at least MY favorite) franchise in a game that will let me experience it all from both sides.  I held off backing in the initial kickstarter, but got in on the action once they opened the backer-kit.  I spent 120 bucks on the steelcase edition because I love the franchise and believed in the game that they were making.  I have not been active on these forums, but with that I had gotten to know more of you in the interim.  Now, just mere hours away from launch I have been reading through most of these forums and it's kind of a buzzkill. 

I have been watching Beta gameplay and enjoyed that, and now am watching some of the groups play through today and it all (except maybe the swallow your soul hair life that seems to happen) looks absolutely amazing!  I just can't wait to play this game.  I'm a backer and I am not upset at streamers getting first cracks, heck I have been watching them.  That's just the sate of business and media in our current time.  Gun and Illfonic have made a lifelong dream come true and they have done an amazing job from what I have seen.  They can only control what is in their VERY small sphere of influence (What they do IN HOUSE)  EVERYTHING else is up to the control of others, ie M$ and S0ny etc.  We cannot hold them liable for the business practices of other companies.

And, really this business about could you/could you not kill Jason in the beta and streamers getting to it first and all is just overblown whining.  If you need a youtube video with worlds first....something on it to make you feel special, then go do something special.  I mean, no one has carved an iceberg into the shape of Mike Patton's ass yet.  :)

I am not saying that some people do not have good points.  Sure there are constructive criticism lying around all over the place.  BUT we often forget that they are not working on a budget of $30m with an ad campaign of another $10m.  This is two guys who had a dream and shared it with some of their friends and basically started a garage band.  Now that band is opening for GnR and your trying to hold them to the same mold.  It doesn't fit.  But in time...who knows, maybe they BECOME the new GnR.

I'm just trying to say that I support the vision for this game and the company that has made it.  I will gladly buy 10 more copies of the game if that's what it takes to keep it alive, fruitful and full of new content for those of us who hold Crystal Lake as a place akin to a second home.  So, let's all play together and enjoy what has been given to us for as long as we have it.

This is awesome. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for posting it!

And the image of an ice sculpture of Mike Patton's butt… ??? someone needs to get on that, stat!

1 minute ago, Zombie79 said:

This is awesome. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for posting it!

And the image of an ice sculpture of Mike Patton's butt… ??? someone needs to get on that, stat!

Hat's Off to you for even knowing who Mike is!  Unlike some of these streamers who don't know who Tommy Jarvis is and why he is important, ugh, so cringe worthy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zombie79 said:

Blood, I'm sorry to be a dick because that's totally not my style, but you've been one of the most negative people here, and you're really bringing down my experience. You're completely overreacting. There's always going to be a difference between what someone says they can do (in a perfect situation) and what they can actually do in reality, and for you to go on and on like there are these lying villains just because everything didn't go according to the way you wanted it to is so over-the-top. I'm sure they tried their best to get everything right, but nobody's perfect. 

Seriously man, reassess.  There are much bigger things in the world to worry about. ?

You arent being a dick. Your opinion is fine. And while I have voiced concerns Ive pretty much sung the games praises since beta. 

Letting streamers get the Jason kill before we even had a chance to try and figure it out was a total dick move. Period. If feeling that way makes me negative then so be it. Ill accept that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I feel like the first half of this video is very relevant to this forum.

• Like 1

Positive post! First hour impression. Love it! Steep learning curve for me, especially as Jason. Controls are floaty...again, especially with Jason. No hair dynamics on PS4 at the moment. That is all I will say since It is a lot different watching someone play it and playing it yourself.

Edit- Overall, it is an extremely fun experience so far.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

You arent being a dick. Your opinion is fine. And while I have voiced concerns Ive pretty much sung the games praises since beta. 

Letting streamers get the Jason kill before we even had a chance to try and figure it out was a total dick move. Period. If feeling that way makes me negative then so be it. Ill accept that. 

You can let it make you upset all you want, but it is called business. They need streamers to spread the word to gamers who aren't familiar with the game. All games do this - surely you know that. We want the game to be as successful as possible, and mass exposure before release helps that. How are they going to see the big numbers they need to give us more awesome content if they don't reach maximum exposure and sales? I'm just asking you to be realistic.

Thanks though, for being reasonable about my comments. Respect.

12 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

I feel like the first half of this video is very relevant to this forum.

Great post- thanks for sharing this. He makes a really good point and strong argument. I agree with his view. Though he trails off halfway through (thanks for the heads up) into conspiracy theory and at that point it's a bit of a Chicken Little/slippery slope argument and I don't have a mind for conspiracies. Still- very interesting, I wonder if anyone's done any research on what he's talking about.

10 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Positive post! First hour impression. Love it! Steep learning curve for me, especially as Jason. Controls are floaty...again, especially with Jason. No hair dynamics on PS4 at the moment. That is all I will say since It is a lot different watching someone play it and playing it yourself.

Woot!