BloodOnTheRocks

Can we agree the Savini Jason is a line in the sand?

4 minutes ago, VSlash said:

Not asking for it for free. Some of us that wasn't able to get the Savini skin when it was offered was basically asking that maybe it could come as DLC later, while some of the others that was able to get it are basically saying it should stay exclusive to backer/kickstarter.

Personally I wouldn't mind a re-color of it as a DLC, or one without the particle effects, I just love the music that it plays as he is chasing you down.

Right.

Yeah I have the Savini Jason, and in all honesty couldn't give much of a shit if they re-sold it in the future.

The more the merrier. As a completionist I've always hated the idea of 'exclusives' as a concept anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VSlash said:

@lHeartBreakerl I'm on PC. When he is after you, the violins and other music is just pure demonic sounding, much more intense than normal Jasons chasing after you.

Alright hopefully that comes to xbox soon in a patch. We're all still playing a beta build and the music is one thing missing from him.

Part 3 music just sounds weird with him :/

30 minutes ago, JPops said:

Savini codes will not be offered again or at retail which is why the price hike. However it is risky as the seller could be full of it or and already redeemd the code ect. Also selling codes is a violation of the EULA and will result in bans so it's kind of an all around loose scenario. 

I for one hope it stays exclusive. I am a backer and this was one of the reasons why I backed at the tier that I did. It's not like they only had this available for a week, there was ample time to at least buy the Savini Jason.

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'll throw my two cents in.

• Skin was available for purchase for anyone for two years.
  • Skin was quote "Exclusive" for backers (important word there).

If gun does eventually sell the skin again, they'll be slapping the backers and kickstarters in the face yet again. And it would just be insulting quite frankly. We (us backers) are the reason the game is here. We should have something exclusive to show thanks (even though we paid for the skin too).

If gun is really hurting on sales, make a new Jason and sell it. Don't take something you made specifically for us and turn around and sell it again for profit.

This is the main concern here. If you got the Savini jason, good for you. I hope you enjoy playing it and scaring people like I do. If you missed it, that sucks. It really does. But there will be more Jasons, im sure of it.

But Savini? Thats ours. Thats to show that we have been here, and continue to be.

THIS.

is that skin sometime in the Future gets sold again, i will RIOT. and demand my money back.

having that said... i am still to receive my TWO codes... yep... one for me.... one for some lucky person.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Alright hopefully that comes to xbox soon in a patch. We're all still playing a beta build and the music is one thing missing from him.

Part 3 music just sounds weird with him :/

There's a lot that the xbox should be receiving as a patch. It's the only format without the "How to play" menu option as well, which makes it really tough for new players. I've probably given at least 7 tutorial lessons in the game lobby to noobs that don't know about the little nuisances of the game like how running makes noise for Jason, clicking the right stick turns on combat mode and make self-defense so much easier, or that bear traps can be picked up and placed rather than just being primed where they spawn... 

4 minutes ago, SydeSwype said:

I for one hope it stays exclusive. I am a backer and this was one of the reasons why I backed at the tier that I did. It's not like they only had this available for a week, there was ample time to at least buy the Savini Jason.

How much was the skin? $9?

I can't remember.

5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'll throw my two cents in.

• Skin was available for purchase for anyone for two years.
  • Skin was quote "Exclusive" for backers (important word there).

If gun does eventually sell the skin again, they'll be slapping the backers and kickstarters in the face yet again. And it would just be insulting quite frankly. We (us backers) are the reason the game is here. We should have something exclusive to show thanks (even though we paid for the skin too).

If gun is really hurting on sales, make a new Jason and sell it. Don't take something you made specifically for us and turn around and sell it again for profit.

This is the main concern here. If you got the Savini jason, good for you. I hope you enjoy playing it and scaring people like I do. If you missed it, that sucks. It really does. But there will be more Jasons, im sure of it.

But Savini? Thats ours. Thats to show that we have been here, and continue to be.

Many people only heard of this game by word of mouth, or during the beta.

I think you're missing potential motive by gun. It is not kicking backers in the face. It is to discourage scalpers who don't support the game.

This is not about Gun promoting sales. There is no evidence to support the idea that the game needs it. You are accusing Gun of wanting to make a profit, when in reality this would be to stop the bastards on Ebay from making a profit.

Savini skin is yours? Unfortunately the 'thousand dollars a skin' sellers don't agree.  If this did go into effect, it would NOT be to make some quick cheap profit, or abuse faithful backers. It is to discourage people who prey on faithful gamers like damned hyenas.

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

There's a lot that the xbox should be receiving as a patch. It's the only format without the "How to play" menu option as well, which makes it really tough for new players. I've probably given at least 7 tutorial lessons in the game lobby to noobs that don't know about the little nuisances of the game like how running makes noise for Jason, clicking the right stick turns on combat mode and make self-defense so much easier, or that bear traps can be picked up and placed rather than just being primed where they spawn... 

Yeah the struggle is real. I've been doing pretty much exactly that. I've also been teaching jasons how to kill properly instead of just swinging like a mad man.

I think thats better for everyone.

I just really want dynamic hair and savini music.

I know they said a patch was coming Wednesday for xbox one. But i doubt it includes the stuff i mentioned. I believe its a hot fix for quickplay and such. Which i prefer they fix that first than have my hair bounce.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Shhh don't help them Ralph. I am trying to play on easy mode here! :P

• Like 2

Yeah, I hope that they get the consoles patched up for the players there, I know they are still working on the server issues too that a to popular launch game has.

I am also excited to see what is coming in the future for the game, new Jasons, new counselors, new maps, etc.

3 minutes ago, Undead Ramen said:

Many people only heard of this game by word of mouth, or during the beta.

I think you're missing potential motive by gun. It is not kicking backers in the face. It is to discourage scalpers who don't support the game.

This is not about Gun promoting sales. There is no evidence to support the idea that the game needs it. You are accusing Gun of wanting to make a profit, when in reality this would be to stop the bastards on Ebay from making a profit.

Savini skin is yours? Unfortunately the 'thousand dollars a skin' sellers don't agree.  If this did go into effect, it would NOT be to make some quick cheap profit, or abuse faithful backers. It is to discourage people who prey on faithful gamers like damned hyenas.

Google NES classic and you'll have the exact same story.

Shit happens. Welcome to the world of short supply and exclusives. Again, available for two years. If you missed the boat, than oh well.

• Like 1

I recently learned about the combat mode yesterday lol. Was doing well before but now its whole other ballgame. I still need to practice but it gives more of a chance in Jason encounters.

Just now, SydeSwype said:

I recently learned about the combat mode yesterday lol. Was doing well before but now its whole other ballgame. I still need to practice but it gives more of a chance in Jason encounters.

Time your swings well. Jason can grab you mid swing and it will negate your hit.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Time your swings well. Jason can grab you mid swing and it will negate your hit.

Thats the part I have to practice lol. I get a bit trigger happy when trying to escape. I've even been killed when I was standing behind him and swinging at him but thats another story.

21 minutes ago, Guy said:

How much was the skin? $9?

I can't remember.

The skin itself I think was only $6 when they were selling it separately. All I'm waiting on now is to let me know more info on the physical copies as I got the signed special machete edition package. But good things come to those who wait so I'll be killing countless counselors or running for my life at Camp Crystal Lake until then. 

Practice using the dodge and block buttons in combat mode (left bumper, right bumper). Patience is key to survival cause playing offensively usually causes Jason to get a hit or grab in. Also, you can't hurt him for 5-10 seconds after he revives from a stun or trap. I see tons of people try this as if they're gonna pummel him to death, but it doesn't work. He gets this weird vision thing, hears his mom talking and he's unable to use any skills. It's like a temporary window to allow counselors to get some distance. 

6 minutes ago, SydeSwype said:

The skin itself I think was only $6 when they were selling it separately. All I'm waiting on now is to let me know more info on the physical copies as I got the signed special machete edition package. But good things come to those who wait so I'll be killing countless counselors or running for my life at Camp Crystal Lake until then. 

So people are getting pissed off over $6?

Just now, Guy said:

No. Its about how its exclusive to the original backers. It was one of the tiers they had in place. There were a lot including me that were upset when they had it for sale on their backerkit page but it was only for a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Guy said:

What?

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Practice using the dodge and block buttons in combat mode (left bumper, right bumper). Patience is key to survival cause playing offensively usually causes Jason to get a hit or grab in. 

Theres a dodge? :o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydeSwype said:

No. Its about how its exclusive to the original backers. It was one of the tiers they had in place. There were a lot including me that were upset when they had it for sale on their backerkit page but it was only for a few weeks. 

How much more was the tier with Savini's Jason than the regular tier?

started at $65 for the digital game plus the skin. I was quite a few tiers above that for mine but I get this:

Rev.2 SIGNED PHYSICAL 'MACHETE' STEEL COLLECTOR PACK

* SIGNED (but not hand-numbered) Physical game with Kickstarter Exclusive collectible Steel Case and altered variation of the original slipcover on either PC, Xbox One, or PS4 (Signed by Sean Cunningham, Tom Savini, Kane Hodder, Harry Mandefrini, Gun Media & Illfonic) 
* Kickstarter Exclusive in-game playable Jason character designed by Tom Savini, with unique weapon 
* Kickstarter Exclusive in-game Counselor Clothing Packs 
* Digital Art Book featuring concept art from the game's creators 
* Exclusive Beta Access on PC 
* Digital Soundtrack 
* In-Game credit under "Special Thanks" 
* Digital Wallpaper Pack 1 & 2 
* Our eternal gratitude & a heartfelt "Thank You..."

25 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

What?

Theres a dodge? :o

Mind blown right? Here's another tidbit of info. You recover stamina while you're in combat mode, but the dodge and attack moves drain a decent chunk of it, so it's better to make one or two confident movements than to just go around swinging at air like a minor league baseball player. Also, stamina recharges waaaaay faster if you're still rather than crawling, so if Jason is on you, you're better off taking short 3 second breaks of movement rather than crawling for a few seconds. Even better, find a cabin to go into and just stand there for 10-15 seconds to fully recover. A well fortified cabin can often take Jason 20-30 seconds to fully damage all the windows and break down the door. I've done that a couple of times and had Jason bail on me midway through cause some other counselor ends up finishing a vehicle repair or the police phone. Really exciting when that happens. :lol: 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Guy said:

No, they are pissed about fucking vultures who have no interest in the game and bought a million copies of dlc and are selling it for a thousand bucks on ebay. This would not be an issue if there weren't assholes being assholes and profiting like crazy on someone else's hard work, and the eagerness of those that could not afford sixty bucks ormore (like myself) when the preorders were going on.

• Like 1