BloodOnTheRocks

Can we agree the Savini Jason is a line in the sand?

I just decided to go ahead and use mine. Till this xp issue is fixed I cant unlock anything else anyway so I get to watch early access streamers play high level characters while Im stuck with the defaults. 

Gun will cave. Mark my words. Ill enjoy having the exclusive while it lasts. 

they said toms jason is only for backers/kickstarters who ordered. everyone had long enough to order if they didnt get it in those 2 years that just to bad for them it was only 6$ and every gas station in town sell prepaid credit cards so theirs no excuses

3 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

they said toms jason is only for backers/kickstarters who ordered. everyone had long enough to order if they didnt get it in those 2 years that just to bad for them it was only 6$ and every gas station in town sell prepaid credit cards so theirs no excuses

Maybe money wasn't the problem? Maybe like me they had no idea this thing existed. I didn't hear about it til sales were closed. If it stays exclusive then it stays exclusive, just realize that not everyone interested in this game followed every update. Especially since there is NO advertising for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

I just decided to go ahead and use mine. Till this xp issue is fixed I cant unlock anything else anyway so I get to watch early access streamers play high level characters while Im stuck with the defaults. 

Gun will cave. Mark my words. Ill enjoy having the exclusive while it lasts. 

Nope. Not going to happen. But I used mine as well. I like the skin more than the money. The game is fun. What makes it great compared to a lot of other games is that you can log in without feeling like you have an agenda that you must pursue. It's immediate action. You can even troll others for your benefit if the urge strikes you. Or you can play selflessly willing to sacrifice to help others. The perk system is sick and enhances even further the long term replayability. It's a niche that in my library I had yet to fill. Knowing that, I have no doubts in the games long term success. The game isn't going to need to scalp its exclusive content for wealth when any future projects would already have a loyal fan base to back them anyway. Actually, what company do you know that has scalped backer/founder exclusive content? Marvel Heroes right now is in its death throes with less than 950 average users dropping monthly and they haven't sold their founders exclusive black Spider-Man outfit (the Venom symbiote). The fact is the money generated from sales would not outweigh the damage to reputation the company would suffer. One of the 48 laws of power, your reputation, guard it with your life because once it's gone you can never get it back and it's one of the few things you truly own.

• Like 1

all gaming sites, horror sites and it was all over place social media for the last 3 years. its really just a gift got offered to the backers and kick starters. they said they will add more jasons and maps to everyone. so toms/guns jason just something special for the backers like i said before.

28 minutes ago, JasonVoorhees13 said:

all gaming sites, horror sites and it was all over place social media for the last 3 years. its really just a gift got offered to the backers and kick starters. they said they will add more jasons and maps to everyone. so toms/guns jason just something special for the backers like i said before.

1) I understand this was something special for the backers. Like I said, if it stays exclusive then it stays exclusive. I'm not sweating it.

2) I don't really follow horror sites, but this game was nowhere near my social media til a few weeks ago. And I've seen this on gaming sites 4 times, initial announcement, alpha footage, longer alpha footage & the beta. Didn't know Savini Jason was a thing til after the release date trailer.

I wasn't able to get in on backing the game, due to financial issues, but was able to get it on release day. I would like for them to release Savini Jason sometime down the line, cause that is one thing they kept saying about being in the game. I didn't hear about it being an exclusive to backers/kickstarters only, till after the small window they had it up for.

But if they don't, no big deal, I'm sure they will release other Jasons as DLC (Jason X, or Jason 2009) Just would be nice to have, cause it is a very wicked looking skin for Jason.

Just a quick edit...I would love to see them release it as DLC just to slap all the people trying to Ebay the code in the face. I would say $10 for it, that way the backers/kickstarters did get it cheaper.

• Like 1

I don't know if the devs read this post, but I truly hope that they do not make this skin just available for anyone...and this is as a player who is extremely jealous of those who have it. I wasn't able to get in on the offer because I had just lost my mom, and when I came back home I looked for any kind of way to try and get the Savini Jason DLC.

I only bring that up to say that there are always going to be people who will miss out on something...that shouldn't be a reason to not respect your base and not honor something that was intended to be something rare and special for those who have supported the project from the beginning. Games, and communities, die when devs go back and basically ruin a moment or and object that was intended for those who were loyal to them from the beginning.

Hopefully, and I am optimistic about this, the devs will continue to produce awesome DLC and, from time to time, make things available for those who have since joined the community and continue to support Gun Media.

Samurai45

• Like 1

I agree with you on that, Samurai, like I said, if they don't offer it, its no big thing, it would be nice, but I can still play the game.

Just don't like seeing all these people trying to Ebay it for like $100-$500, just because it is 'exclusive'

• Like 1

I saw a posting on Ebay for over 900 dollars. It made me sick. People were warned not to buy multiple copies to sell, but of course, people don't care.

I would love to see an announcement for a re-release date for a year from now. As long as I knew it was coming somewhere down the line, I'd pay. Hell, I'd pay well over the pre-release cost, like twenty bucks, just to piss off the scalpers out there. I wonder what they'd do with their shitty auction lots when news gets out it will be available for ten times less? It would be a great punishment to anyone that pulled that shit after being warned, to profit on people that heard about the game late.

The only reason I knew about this game was word of mouth, and that was right before the beta. If I'd known this was going to happen, I'd have bought twenty of those damned dlc packs and given them out just to be a thorn in their side. I also wasn't crazy about how the skin looked, flat on the page. It was really unimpressive. If I'd have seen it in action, I'd have definitely plunked down the cash for it. Huge difference between the preview and in game, night and day.

Other games have done this with dlc, and it hasn't affected game sales. L4D2 gave out baseball bats to those who preordered. Now anyone can find one in game. Look at Gat out of Hell. They had exclusive content to preorders, no extra charge. Gorgeous wings and really cool weapons. People were selling those preorder codes on gaming sites, and then Steam began selling the DLC on its own :D If anything, it raised even more interest. 

I don't think I'd be as pissy if the ebay guys were reasonable. I could see them wanting to charge thirty or fifty bucks. Not nice, but hey, they want make a profit. A thousand dollars? Screw those guys. Now I'd love to have a re-release announcement just to ruin their dreams of pulling this crap on real fans.

People are so stupid as I have seen codes for the game that are for sale that have bids over 100.00  Just go to the digital store of choice and buy it !  Duh..It's a lot cheaper. Plus it will eventually be on sale at retail locations. 

34 minutes ago, TWarner said:

People are so stupid as I have seen codes for the game that are for sale that have bids over 100.00  Just go to the digital store of choice and buy it !  Duh..It's a lot cheaper. Plus it will eventually be on sale at retail locations. 

Savini codes will not be offered again or at retail which is why the price hike. However it is risky as the seller could be full of it or and already redeemd the code ect. Also selling codes is a violation of the EULA and will result in bans so it's kind of an all around lose scenario. 

• Like 2

Just now, JPops said:

Savini codes will not be offered again or at retail which is why the price hike. However it is risky as the seller could be full of it or and already redeemd the code ect. Also selling codes is a violation of the EULA and will result in bans so it's kind of an all around loose scenario. 

I just think it is a bunch of crap that these fools can get away with this when all of that extra money could have been used to back the game in the first place. Also answer me this why did people that bought from the digital store get the theme and us long time backers didn't get it bundled with our backer code.  I want that theme and that just seems unfair to me.

Just now, TWarner said:

I just think it is a bunch of crap that these fools can get away with this when all of that extra money could have been used to back the game in the first place. Also answer me this why did people that bought from the digital store get the theme and us long time backers didn't get it bundled with our backer code.  I want that theme and that just seems unfair to me.

Sony required it to be sold as a bundle to my understanding. 

Just now, JPops said:

Sony required it to be sold as a bundle to my understanding. 

So in short us backers who have supported the game from the start are up shit creek without a paddle. Really stupid. Man I'm not complaining about the game and understood the issues from day one. Me myself had to wait 2 days to play because of the issues but I'm an IT Guy and I understand the whole server issue and all but I really think that the Devs need to speak to Sony and make this right for us original Kickstarter Backers. Who creates the theme ?  Sony ?  I thought it belonged to Gun. Sorry it just pisses me off!

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:15 PM, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Gun, if you ever plan to do this, if it's ever even a possibility, please just give me my money back for the game and for the skin.

You can keep it for the cabin since I've used it, fair is fair.

If they sell the skin a few months from now, or even a few weeks, then you'll have used the game and skin as well, so you kinda defeat your own argument with the very next sentence.... I doubt they plan on selling it though. Maybe they will at some point if the player base dwindles low enough, but by then it wouldn't really matter cause the novelty of the character will have long since faded. 

2 minutes ago, TWarner said:

So in short us backers who have supported the game from the start are up shit creek without a paddle. Really stupid. Man I'm not complaining about the game and understood the issues from day one. Me myself had to wait 2 days to play because of the issues but I'm an IT Guy and I understand the whole server issue and all but I really think that the Devs need to speak to Sony and make this right for us original Kickstarter Backers. Who creates the theme ?  Sony ?  I thought it belonged to Gun. Sorry it just pisses me off!

I don't know specifics but it's Sony's platform. I would need to get more info to elaborate on it.

It wouldn't bother me either way. I think the Savini Jason is the lamest one of them all. Even if I had it, I can say for certain it's the one I would use the absolute least, if at all. It's just super, super lame. 

Wait. What's the problem here? People are asking for the skin for free?

2 minutes ago, The80s said:

It wouldn't bother me either way. I think the Savini Jason is the lamest one of them all. Even if I had it, I can say for certain it's the one I would use the absolute least, if at all. It's just super, super lame. 

I do have to admit, I'm surprised how little I've enjoyed playing as Savini Jason. My favorite so far has been part 6. His attack range with the spear and starting with 3 knives makes him really effective at dwindling the player count early in the match. 

I'll throw my two cents in.

• Skin was available for purchase for anyone for two years.
  • Skin was quote "Exclusive" for backers (important word there).

If gun does eventually sell the skin again, they'll be slapping the backers and kickstarters in the face yet again. And it would just be insulting quite frankly. We (us backers) are the reason the game is here. We should have something exclusive to show thanks (even though we paid for the skin too).

If gun is really hurting on sales, make a new Jason and sell it. Don't take something you made specifically for us and turn around and sell it again for profit.

This is the main concern here. If you got the Savini jason, good for you. I hope you enjoy playing it and scaring people like I do. If you missed it, that sucks. It really does. But there will be more Jasons, im sure of it.

But Savini? Thats ours. Thats to show that we have been here, and continue to be.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Guy said:

Wait. What's the problem here? People are asking for the skin for free?

Not asking for it for free. Some of us that wasn't able to get the Savini skin when it was offered was basically asking that maybe it could come as DLC later, while some of the others that was able to get it are basically saying it should stay exclusive to backer/kickstarter.

Personally I wouldn't mind a re-color of it as a DLC, or one without the particle effects, I just love the music that it plays as he is chasing you down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VSlash said:

Personally I wouldn't mind a re-color of it as a DLC, or one without the particle effects, I just love the music that it plays as he is chasing you down.

What platform are you on? It plays part 3 music when Savini is in game.

On xbox btw.

@lHeartBreakerl I'm on PC. When he is after you, the violins and other music is just pure demonic sounding, much more intense than normal Jasons chasing after you.