BloodOnTheRocks

Can we agree the Savini Jason is a line in the sand?

No secret I'm pissed about the whole Jason being killed thing. WAY pissed.

So let's be real, Gun. Given how you've handled it so far, I would not be surprised if you offer the Savini Jason as DLC to cater to those who are yelling about not being able to get it. Can you assure us that that's safe? In no uncertain terms, I want to know that it's exclusive. PERIOD. Too bad, so sad, had your chance, never available again kinda deal?

Can we all agree that this would be an INCREDIBLY huge dick move if they ever did offer it again? I mean, so they know, IN ADVANCE, that it's going to piss everyone off if they do it?

Gun, if you ever plan to do this, if it's ever even a possibility, please just give me my money back for the game and for the skin.

You can keep it for the cabin since I've used it, fair is fair.

• Like 3

wess giving a half heartened response wont make it all right, well...now your just asking for the fan boys to attack.

Hmm i can understand you very well and got the Tom Savini Jason too but i feel sorry for the guys who cant play him^^

He is just so damn cool (AWESOME!) that everyone thinks it is a must to play as Savini Jason!...  I dont wanna see him as DLC in the next 3-4 months, but it is ok for me if the nonbackers are able to get him after a longer periode.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Arakos said:

Hmm i can understand you very well and got the Tom Savini Jason too but i feel sorry for the guys who cant play him^^

He is just so damn cool (AWESOME!) that everyone thinks it is a must to play as Savini Jason!...  I dont wanna see him as DLC in the next 3-4 months, but it is ok for me if the nonbackers are able to get him after a longer periode.

Exactly, this is my take on it too. In fact, I 100% think they should release it for free in a "Final Friday" update as the game is dying, so at least it's there for everyone for posterity so they can use it in single player or some sort of open server dealie. This would be like 2+ years down the road, whenever the game starts to die (which it will, someday).

• Like 2

The Savini Skin should be unkillable as goodwill to the community for having it spoiled for the loyal Backerkit and Kickstarter fans.

I would think that the Savini Jason should stay exclusive forever. If it does ever make a re-appearance, Id expect that this is wayyy down the line...read: more than a year from now. Preferably as a reskin...IE the flames are blue or green, as in some sort of demonic Jason with green smoke/fire, clearly indicated red flame = OG kickstarter skin. 

• Like 3

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

I would think that the Savini Jason should stay exclusive forever. If it does ever make a re-appearance, Id expect that this is wayyy down the line...read: more than a year from now. Preferably as a reskin...IE the flames are blue or green, as in some sort of demonic Jason with green smoke/fire, clearly indicated red flame = OG kickstarter skin. 

I wouldn't doubt that a reskin will become available but it will probably just be standard Jason with a normal pitchfork once people complain enough.

Not like the devs dont have enough to worry about but Id like a final answer on this. 

Gun .... you going to cave to demand in this one and slap us in the face again? Really like to hear an answer before I bother to use my code. 

12 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Not like the devs dont have enough to worry about but Id like a final answer on this. 

Gun .... you going to cave to demand in this one and slap us in the face again? Really like to hear an answer before I bother to use my code. 

You should sell it, have you seen the ridiculous prices it's going for on eBAY?

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfriday+the+13th+tom+savini+skin.TRS0&_nkw=friday+the+13th+tom+savini+skin&_sacat=0

T

Just now, 102G said:

This is unbelievable.  The people who buy these are gonna be mad when they can't equip kills. Lol

Yes the Savini skin should only be for those that qualify. However, for the future development of the game it would be wise for them to offer a variant available for DLC. They should be similar in some ways but have distinct differences to distinguish the two. If you are truly a fan of the game then you will want it to succeed. The game can only succeed if it makes money. I could care less what other players have as long as it does not give them in game advantages over me "pay to win". All I care about is that the game continues to have the backing that allows it to succeed "both player base and financial". 

The savini Jason is a skin that will not be offered again. It was an exclusive item. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

The savini Jason is a skin that will not be offered again. It was an exclusive item. 

No offense Jpops but theyve said a lot of stuff that wasnt true. So forgive me if I am hesitant to take your word here. Especially now that Ive seen the outcry for it. 

• Like 2

I am still waiting on 2 codes for the Savini skins I ordered and payed for through backerkit.. But for someodd reason when I go to backerkit it will not let me log in keeps saying it will send me a email to verify...

12 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

No offense Jpops but theyve said a lot of stuff that wasnt true. So forgive me if I am hesitant to take your word here. Especially now that Ive seen the outcry for it. 

You are right to have your opinion. I take no offense in it. 

• Like 1

Is the DLC Codes working for PSN and XBOX yet ?

1 hour ago, 102G said:

Jeez, was actually thinking bout picking a code up on eBay but not for those prices lol

As someone who chose to get the Counselor Clothing Pack, as opposed to the Savini Jason I completely agree with you. It is an exclusive item and it should not be and never should be a bargaining chip. That being said, I chose wrong. I knew I wanted to give them some "extra" money I chose the C.C.P because I figured 80% of the time I was going to be a counselor anyway, I figured the pack would contain new clothing, oh well. I'm still happy I gave them extra money.

I own the skin, but I wouldn't be opposed to someone getting it later down the line. They locked a weapon (pitchfork) and its executions behind it after all.

Due to outcry and current issues I wouldn't be surprised to see it offered as compensation to those affected by the database login failure problem who have been unable to play for the better part of 3 days.

i also hope people are given the option to get it as a DLC. We helped back the game. it is now here. No reason other people should NEVER have access to something. We are not elitest gamer jerks.

• Like 5

for everyone crying to give it away thats the only reason it makes it special is that only preorders have it. now add in that if pre ording means nothing then why do it if you can get it later, slippery slope. i have a topic open about compensating people for lost time and progression but giving away the savini skin is for me a red line to not cross.

how about they give away the clothing pack as that clothing pack is a waste of money.

• Like 1

How about no? If you are unhappy with the game do to first release kinks then ask for a refund. But they aren't giving away the backer rewards any more. The ship has sailed on that. It was a reward for being willing to spend 50-60 bucks on a game that might not be released. No one else has a right or entitlement to those rewards. And short of Ebay, no one else will receive them. Or perhaps giveaways from those who ordered more than one. But at the prices that those codes are fetching I don't believe many streamers are rushing giveaways to generate money when they could just sell them.

I hate to sound harsh but frankly I let Gun hold money for the better part of a year with no reason to do so except for the rewards. We are lucky the game released in May. It could have easily been the end of the year or next and our money would have been still tied up while others who didn't back the game would be better off. The backers didn't have the luxury of peace of mind and those rewards are for that.

Having them given away or sold as dlc to the guys who bought the game on Steam after release, yeah, no thank you. Why would anyone ever back a game early when they could just wait for the game to release and buy dlc? People who buy the game after release are not the reason the game is here. They are purchasing the labor and the end product. The backers are why the game is here.

If that makes me an elitist jerk so be it. I'll just have to live with that as I perforate counselor's with Lucifer's pitchfork and flames popping out my eyes.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Caliph said:

How about no? If you are unhappy with the game do to first release kinks then ask for a refund. But they aren't giving away the backer rewards any more. The ship has sailed on that. It was a reward for being willing to spend 50-60 bucks on a game that might not be released. No one else has a right or entitlement to those rewards. And short of Ebay, no one else will receive them. Or perhaps giveaways from those who ordered more than one. But at the prices that those codes are fetching I don't believe many streamers are rushing giveaways to generate money when they could just sell them.

I hate to sound harsh but frankly I let Gun hold money for the better part of a year with no reason to do so except for the rewards. We are lucky the game released in May. It could have easily been the end of the year or next and our money would have been still tied up while others who didn't back the game would be better off. The backers didn't have the luxury of peace of mind and those rewards are for that.

Having them given away or sold as dlc to the guys who bought the game on Steam after release, yeah, no thank you. Why would anyone ever back a game early when they could just wait for the game to release and buy dlc?

If that makes me an elitist jerk so be it, i'll just have to live with that as I perforate counselor's with Lucifer's pitchfork and flames popping out my eyes.

Agreed, Elitest Jerk here, I dropped 300 dollars in 2015 for a game that could have been horrible or might now have happened (remember this is way before the beta which made the fanbase start growing) while others just preordered.  Backers should have something to show for having faith.

• Like 2