wes

Early Access to Press/Streamers

3 minutes ago, wes said:

That is strange because we DO have facial animations on every kill. They do have a "oh shit, my arms are getting ripped off" expression. Hmm..I know the kill you're talking about. I'll look into that now. Perhaps it's not triggering it properly...

And sometimes they even do it without their arms getting ripped off. :lol:

NQd4AdJ.jpg

So to @tosclive

These are all of your messages to us. Could swear that reading this....not a single thing you quoted was ever stated by an employee of Gun. 

Message 1 on Dec. 20th

JNDcCIf.jpg

Message 2 on Dec. 28th

hwhHnaF.jpg

Message 3 Today. 

ALqVZ6r.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wes said:

That is strange because we DO have facial animations on every kill. They do have a "oh shit, my arms are getting ripped off" expression. Hmm..I know the kill you're talking about. I'll look into that now. Perhaps it's not triggering it properly...

While you're looking at bugs, might want to take a listen at Adam and Eric's voice lines. I think they both are using Kenny's right now.

• Like 1

I will add some constructive criticism. If there is anything that could possibly rub people the wrong way in the future, address it before there is a day's worth of complaining. It is much easier and less time consuming for you to get in front of it and take control of the narrative before it becomes a dumpsterfire. If the original post was here yesterday, today would have gone smoother across social media platforms. 

17 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

To be fair, I plan to fuck up everybody I see in game. And Sense means I see everybody. 

I see it as more of a new fan being brought into the fold. 

Ali was the biker leader. He did get an assist for saving Chris' bacon. We'd have no final girl if not for his timely intervention.

Yeah, I remembered his name which is why I edited my post. An assist. Pfft. I laugh at him. I LAUGH! 

Edit- Thanks for merging my posts. I was blinded by nerd rage when Ali was brought up and read it as a modern name, like Allie. Just before that, a person had said "Jason came out of the water and killed the girl in the first one." Wasn't thinking clearly. Good call.

GunMedia_Ben, check your pm's.en

13 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

So to @tosclive

These are all of your messages to us. Could swear that reading this....not a single thing you quoted was ever stated by an employee of Gun. 

Message 1 on Dec. 20th

JNDcCIf.jpg

Message 2 on Dec. 28th

hwhHnaF.jpg

Message 3 Today. 

ALqVZ6r.jpg

@GunMedia_Ben check your pm's

5 minutes ago, Turtle said:

While you're looking at bugs, might want to take a listen at Adam and Eric's voice lines. I think they both are using Kenny's right now.

looking into this now. thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unibrow_mann said:

I mean I get your reasoning, need more fans. I'm just salty that I backed the game the MINUTE it was launched on kickstarter and followed the progress everyday and convinced all my friends to back it as well and now we have to wait and watch these streamers play it (who a majority only recently found out about the game). 

And yet, you have 1 post here...

• Like 1

@wes I read the original post but haven't read all of the replies so if this has been answered ignore it.

What's the point in giving streamers access a day and a half early? How many extra eyeballs or how much press are you actually going to get from a day and a half that you wouldn't get day-of? I imagine you have a Day 1 patch in the works so why send out an inferior copy for review when 36 hours later they could've been play a proper patched version? Also, why don't their levels reset? I recognize it's not a competitive game but you're basically sending in all Day 1 players as fodder for the folks who had early access.

I just think it's unfair to those of us who were hoping to stream the game when it comes out, since the biggest spike of viewers is already going to be over by then.

Just now, SHODANFreeman said:

I just think it's unfair to those of us who were hoping to stream the game when it comes out, since the biggest spike of viewers is already going to be over by then.

since some that were granted access have less than 2 dozen followers and 0 viewers, you are very right.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

@wes I read the original post but haven't read all of the replies so if this has been answered ignore it.

What's the point in giving streamers access a day and a half early? How many extra eyeballs or how much press are you actually going to get from a day and a half that you wouldn't get day-of? I imagine you have a Day 1 patch in the works so why send out an inferior copy for review when 36 hours later they could've been play a proper patched version? Also, why don't their levels reset? I recognize it's not a competitive game but you're basically sending in all Day 1 players as fodder for the folks who had early access.

Press usually get 1 week early access to put the game through its paces. But the pre-load borked how the keys get processed (two different packages as I explained earlier). Well, if the game is out (meaning currently for sale) most of the time the press simply won't cover it. They will if it's a massive AAA title, but not a smaller game, like ours. They might, but we're kinda in the "gray". We're not this tiny indie game, but we're not AAA. But most have a policy that they won't review a game that's already available.

Just now, wes said:

Press usually get 1 week early access to put the game through its paces. But the pre-load borked how the keys get processed (two different packages as I explained earlier). Well, if the game is out (meaning currently for sale) most of the time the press simply won't cover it. They will if it's a massive AAA title, but not a smaller game, like ours. They might, but we're kinda in the "gray". We're not this tiny indie game, but we're not AAA. But most have a policy that they won't review a game that's already available.

I appreciate the reply and I expect you know more about it than I do. That said, I find it doubtful it would go uncovered considering these sites continually require new content to sustain themselves. Still, 36 hours of early access for streamers is completely different than what you're mentioning here with gaming sites. I understand you guys want to be number one on Twitch but that could've been accomplished Day 1.

4 minutes ago, tosclive said:

since some that were granted access have less than 2 dozen followers and 0 viewers, you are very right.

streamer channels? I'm curious. I mean, numbers do lie at times with twitch, a problem that has never been fixed since 2010.

1 minute ago, Johnny Luchador said:

streamer channels? I'm curious. I mean, numbers do lie at times with twitch, a problem that has never been fixed since 2010.

My numbers have been accurate since I started streaming in 2014

I only watched one video so far, from Gamespot, and although I loved seeing some of the new map, it pained me greatly that the person playing seemed to have no clue what to do. 

From some of what Ive heard has been happening on various streams, players bashing the game and spouting off terrible attempts at being funny, to other people not having a clue about F13 as a series and referring to characters and mechanics incorrectly, I dont think I will be viewing any of the streams, save for possibly Chamin and Laphin.

I can only imagine that this sort of feels like a double-edged sword for you guys, in that yeah there is exposure but its not coming from....shall we call them, the most enlightened crowd of people. 

The cringe is real. I will get over the stat reset issue by consoling myself with the fact that some of these people will probably never play the game again, or if they do, they are apparently so clueless that even with whatever advantage they have received, they are still subpar players. 

Unacceptable. I demand that you warp the space time continuum and make it the 26th!

P.S Someone clicked the Credits... Awesome theme @wes ;) 

• Like 2

So many cry babies - I feel horrible for the guys at Gun Media having to reply to so many cringeworthy messages.

Have some respect, these guys are working hard for us and you know that the game is going to be #%}^|>{**%# amazing!

Patience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babalonkie said:

Unacceptable. I demand that you warp the space time continuum and make it the 26th!

DONE!

• Like 1

tosclive has been banned for lying about his practices for personal gain. 

We do not care if you insult us. We do not care about you hating us for anything we do. We have reasons for what we do and we want to get you as much information as we can because at the end of the day the health of the game is our main concern. 

However, if you lie as a direct way to curry favor or use lies to try to get access to content or use lies as a means of personal attack towards our team, I will absolutely bring the ban hammer down on you in every channel we know. 

We will never, ever lie to you and hope that you give us the same courtesy. We all care about this game, there's nothing to be gained by that kind of behavior. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We do not care if you insult us. We do not care about you hating us for anything we do. We have reasons for what we do and we want to get you as much information as we can because at the end of the day the health of the game is our main concern. 

However, if you lie as a direct way to curry favor or use lies to try to get access to content or use lies as a means of personal attack towards our team, I will absolutely bring the ban hammer down on you in every channel we know. 

We will never, ever lie to you and hope that you give us the same courtesy. We all care about this game, there's nothing to be gained by that kind of behavior. 

Did he lie though? Seems to me from the e-mails posted that he just can't read / didn't realize you gave him BETA access, and not early access today. I know he said to check PMs too...

I think this was handled extremely poorly. Like someone mentioned earlier, there should have been some sort of announcement or email sent out to backers explaining that this was going to happen and why. I imagine a lot of people were angry and it should not be taken as "complaining" like many commenters here are saying. Personally, I woke up today to see F13 was the top game on Twitch (which is amazing, no doubt) but I was confused as to why as it's not supposed to be out for two days and as a backer I hadn't gotten my key. I had to learn what the situation was by Googling and seeing the Twitter account. I can understand the reasoning and I'm still annoyed but again it's more so the way that it was handled. Or in this case, how it wasn't handled until people started speaking their mind on the topic. Bottom line is, they asked people to fund this game and make it happen. Absolutely every single person's money contributed to making the final product what it is (re: stretch goals) so we have every right to be upset. Gun Media has their reasons for why they did it, they explained themselves. There's nothing more to be done. So while I agree this issue should be put to bed (the game comes out in less than two days anyway), no one should be shamed for letting the company they handed their money to know how they feel about their business decisions. If nothing else, it will hopefully better Gun Media's communications skills for future crowd funded titles.

• Like 1

damn you @GunMedia_Ben and @wes come in waltzing in here stealing all the potential likes I could have netted. Lol j/k trying to add some levity to this thread. 

• Like 3

Just now, GunMedia_Ben said:

My numbers don't lie made me laugh, I'm sorry, but it seemed so fishy and if it was a true issue, shouldn't have been handled here. It took me a lot and held back from saying

"back in my day, we had 64k followers, and 3-4K viewers per show with 100 million views (note: the first channel on twitch to ever hit that number). Sorry, but seeing someone complain because they had 1500 followers and 20 +views a show about streaming the game early really doesn't give the FULL potential of grass roots marketing a product. You're phishing basically and you probably should just leave before you cause any rep damage to yourself "

Good on you guys, just remember Party Positivity. Salt is Salt, but what you guys have is hard work that shouldn't be passed around like a 2 bit whore.

3 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

"Early 2017"

Just messing with you. ;) 

• Like 2