wes

Early Access to Press/Streamers

7 minutes ago, J4family said:

Yes, but he specifically called them the new press at the end. Their lack of true "press-ness" gives them even more leeway to do a poor job, unfortunately. 

That is however correct , the streamers i do watch and i watch quite a few , don't review a game at all , they play it for their fun and to make the viewers laugh, sub to them , give them money, so to call them the new press i think is far fetching.

10 minutes ago, J4family said:

Well, my original reply got messed up so here goes again!

I 100% agree with them not doing their research or necessarily doing their job to the fullest. I take issue with her assets even being a focus in that comment or conversation. It isn't her fault or her problem if a bunch of guys chose to subscribe to objectify her. The complaint could have been "I can't stand streamers who don't know what they are talking about!" After all, a bunch of male streamers don't know what they are talking about and no one is commenting on their figures while complaining. It's crap that her accomplishments are getting minimized to 1) men getting her where she is and then 2) torn down because men got her where she is. Frankly, like all male gamers, female gamers are just here to game! That's all I'm saying. Leave her body out of it and go after every clueless streamer and then tell all your male buddies to unsubscribe to women unless they care about their content and not their boobs. No crazy argument wanted here, just need to say my piece and hope to bring awareness to the backwards commentary being used exclusively towards female gamers. 

Well, just to clarify, at no point did I make any claims to the validity of her channel based on her being a female or having 'assets'. I frankly couldnt care less if its a woman, man, dog, robot or fried green tomatoes. My general issue with all streamers, is that that most of them are annoying, uninformed, unfunny or just plain unlikable people. 

I dont want to stretch too far down this rabbit hole, and I will say this honestly not even knowing who exactly we are referring to, what she looks like, or the content she puts out. 

If she has taken advantage of her looks to gain attention and followers, say by dressing in skimpy clothing, or being overly flirty or provocative, I think its completely legitimate for a claim to be made that she only got somewhere because of her assets.

If she puts out quality content (quality being subjective here based on each individuals opinions) and she happens to be a female, then I think any criticism of her looks or body is misplaced, and the product of moronic males or females that are simply looking to be insulting or instigate a problem.

Like I said, I dont even know who were talking about, and I dont plan on looking her, or most any other streamers videos up because I treat most of them as whiny brats to be avoided. The only two people I might check out are Charmin and Laphin because I have seen their videos before, and found them to have quality content, and be in the know.

I dont want to start a fight or anything here, but I will not generally accept any person as a legitimate *whatever they happen to be* if they got there under merits that have little to do with the thing they are supposed to be legitimate about.

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

I don't complain. I express my discontent about something with inflammatory words aimed at invoking a strong reaction (often negative) all while planting words that claw around at the back of your mind throughout the day. But never complain. ;) 

I keed. We're all good peeps...mostly.

Could be worse. You could have asked him to do Ride to Hell: Retribution. ~cringe~

Ride to Hell has the greatest sex scenes of all time.

So many posts in here only skimmed over most of it. But i dont really care that streamers got early access its only another 24 hours and i will be playing the game myself

28 minutes ago, J4family said:

I don't disagree, please check out my response to Creeping Death. I'm also not saying there was concious misogyny, but there is some there that should be addressed. 

I cannot say I fully understand, but I can understand to the point of being insulted because I am gay. When people use gay jokes in a relatively harmless fashion, not knowing that they are using them as an insult as if there is something wrong with it. Since I am very masculine, it isn't apparent when someone talks to/meets me. As a female, it is immediate, which is the obvious clear difference between us and why I say that I cannot fully understand, but can to a certain point. 

I think this could be an interesting and worthy discussion, as long as people can behave themselves...just not in this particular thread. This discussion could tie into the game since I am very interested in how the report system and banning will work, especially when it comes to consoles. With Overwatch being the first multiplayer game I have immersed myself in, I have experienced my share of very not cool things said and there is no report option on the console, not that it matters since Blizzard tends to only ban hackers. As I have said...very interested in how the system will work and underlying prejudices of any sort would fit in well with it in another topic. 

• Like 1

Wes, 

I believe you have good intentions. However, you guys would have no interest in your game to give to 'content creators' without the backers. This is a common mistake alot of indie developers are making. And we are simply letting you know we notice. It doesnt feel good to pay 40 dollars (or more) for a game and then see someone who didnt even support it in the first place play it before "us". When the hype train dies, its the 'backers' who will decide if your game stays alive or not, the content creators will move on to the next hype train as it benefits them just like you benefited yourself by doing this. Dont act like your actions werent selfish because they were , even if soaked in good intentions. Places like kickstarter/fundme need to stop existing if you just use our money to be sellouts. 

-bilbo. 

• Like 1

Just now, justbilbo said:

Wes, 

I believe you have good intentions. However, you guys would have no interest in your game to give to 'content creators' without the backers. This is a common mistake alot of indie developers are making. And we are simply letting you know we notice. It doesnt feel good to pay 40 dollars (or more) for a game and then see someone who didnt even support it in the first place play it before "us". When the hype train dies, its the 'backers' who will decide if your game stays alive or not, the content creators will move on to the next hype train as it benefits them just like you benefited yourself by doing this. Dont act like your actions werent selfish because they were , even if soaked in good intentions. Places like kickstarter/fundme need to stop existing if you just use our money to be sellouts. 

-bilbo. 

Rough but accurate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Yeah, I remembered his name which is why I edited my post. An assist. Pfft. I laugh at him. I LAUGH! 

I had assumed you brainfarted. And Ali's dying distracted Jason. That's taking one for the team if I ever saw it. 

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I had assumed you brainfarted. And Ali's dying distracted Jason. That's taking one for the team if I ever saw it. 

It was kind of disappointing, he comes out just in time to save Chris and gets his arm lopped off for it. It would have been nice for a few more seconds of struggle. 

Chris definitely owes him a big one. Not that he can collect of course. 

15 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Well, just to clarify, at no point did I make any claims to the validity of her channel based on her being a female or having 'assets'. I frankly couldnt care less if its a woman, man, dog, robot or fried green tomatoes. My general issue with all streamers, is that that most of them are annoying, uninformed, unfunny or just plain unlikable people. 

I dont want to stretch too far down this rabbit hole, and I will say this honestly not even knowing who exactly we are referring to, what she looks like, or the content she puts out. 

If she has taken advantage of her looks to gain attention and followers, say by dressing in skimpy clothing, or being overly flirty or provocative, I think its completely legitimate for a claim to be made that she only got somewhere because of her assets.

If she puts out quality content (quality being subjective here based on each individuals opinions) and she happens to be a female, then I think any criticism of her looks or body is misplaced, and the product of moronic males or females that are simply looking to be insulting or instigate a problem.

Like I said, I dont even know who were talking about, and I dont plan on looking her, or most any other streamers videos up because I treat most of them as whiny brats to be avoided. The only two people I might check out are Charmin and Laphin because I have seen their videos before, and found them to have quality content, and be in the know.

I dont want to start a fight or anything here, but I will not generally accept any person as a legitimate *whatever they happen to be* if they got there under merits that have little to do with the thing they are supposed to be legitimate about.

Okay, I'm going going on be honest - I have A LOT to say in reply to that but I've never seen much of a point for extended message/comment debates. In the long run I think it's safe to say that we agree to disagree. If you are open to furthering this convo then I'm sure there is some sort of messaging system on here. 

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Pfft. I LAUGH! He was the equivalent of a person in stealth yelling, "SNEAK ATTACK!" 

Chris was at a safe distance from Jason screaming her beautiful head off, she would have figured something out. She was always crazy like that. 

1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

It was kind of disappointing, he comes out just in time to save Chris and gets his arm lopped off for it. It would have been nice for a few more seconds of struggle. 

Chris definitely owes him a big one. Not that he can collect of course. 

Dude definitely got punked. And that last bit :lol: That's cold. 

1 minute ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Pfft. I LAUGH! He was the equivalent of a person in stealth yelling, "SNEAK ATTACK!" C

Chris was at a safe distance from Jason screaming her beautiful head off, she would have figured something out. She was always crazy like that. 

Leroy Jenkins!

And having just reviewed 3 last night, Chris was done for. Ali did her a solid by having Jason slice him into many solids.

3 minutes ago, J4family said:
28 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Okay, I'm going going on be honest - I have A LOT to say in reply to that but I've never seen much of a point for extended message/comment debates. In the long run I think it's safe to say that we agree to disagree. If you are open to furthering this convo then I'm sure there is some sort of messaging system on here. 

Sorry this ended up in your message, update! 

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Dude definitely got punked. And that last bit :lol: That's cold. 

Leroy Jenkins!

And having just reviewed 3 last night, Chris was done for. Ali did her a solid by having Jason slice him into many solids.

Risinggrave, you are so wrong that are now known as Risingchad. She had her flashlight turned on and her fear meter went down. Sometimes you just gotta scream, ya know? Chris screamed it out and then as Jason did the first hack, she was was ready to put an axe in his head. 

Edit- We are so off-topic. But hey, maybe the devs can be relieved that some people playing the game have seen the films. 

3 minutes ago, J4family said:

Sorry this ended up in your message, update! 

Feel free to message me anytime :)

Just now, Ban_All_Music said:

Risinggrave, you are so wrong that are now known as Risingchad. 

Rising Chad seems like a weird title for a boner. Ah well, I've been called worse things. 

2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

She had her flashlight turned on and her fear meter went down.

Is that what that was?

2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Sometimes you just gotta scream, ya know?

My wife does.

3 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Chris screamed it out and then as Jason did the first hack, she was was ready to put an axe in his head. 

So it's a warcry before she clobbered him. Got it. 

• Like 1

I have absolutely no issues and problems with this at all.

It's just one more day left, so I think I can wait one more day. =)

Great job.

19 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Pfft. I LAUGH! He was the equivalent of a person in stealth yelling, "SNEAK ATTACK!" 

I believe that I have witnessed this tactic on a number of occasions. I've seldom ever actually seen it work though.

4 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I believe that I have witnessed this tactic on a number of occasions. I've never actually seen it work though.

It worked for her one year before Ghostbusters. Look at the resolve when she screams it out after Ali's foolish "Hey!" when he could have actually snuck up on Jason and did some damage. 

@Risinggrave My brother's name is Chad and I was looking forward to getting my vengeance...now I just feel uncomfortable. 

4 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

It worked for her one year before Ghostbusters. Look at the resolve when she screams it out after Ali's foolish "Hey!" when he could have actually snuck up on Jason and did some damage. 

Bad wording. That should have read "seldom works." ;) I'm tired so we'll blame it on that.

Wording corrected.

3 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

It wasn't Ali's yell that did it. He should have attacked from behind instead of spinning Jason around to go mano a monstro. 

6 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

@Risinggrave My brother's name is Chad and I was looking forward to getting my vengeance...now I just feel uncomfortable. 

Hahahahah.  I would tell you I'm sorry, but I'm not. I'm too busy laughing my ass off.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Gonna hold you to those words ;-)

I am entirely okay with that. 

• Like 1

The questions wasn't so much "Why do Streamers get it?" as it was "Why don't Backers get it?". They're not mutually exclusive groups, you could still have the Streamers making their content while Backers are there too. I know at this point it's too late anyway i'd just like to know the thought process. Did you just never consider giving Backers early access?Was it a quality control issue? (Didn't help anyway). An issue with this whole Campaign was the lack of timely communication, Excuses and reasons were given for everything yeah, but not when they should have.

To be entirely honest the worst thing about this whole situation are the people complaining about the people complaining about Backers not getting early access too. Because one side actually has some reason (However much people dislike it) while the other is being just outright hostile despite having no reasonable investment in what they're complaining about. (Likely biased due to the extremely personal attacks against me just for saying "Wow, that's some bs" by certain people in certain forums)

Hope Launch goes well, because you guys put in a lot of effort game wise and it certainly deserves success.

1 hour ago, justbilbo said:

Wes, 

-bilbo. 

This sums up the general sentiment well. Not only that but wes indirectly blames the backers themselves for "overwhelming request to allow for backers to pre-load the game" - apparently their lack of organisation is everyone else's fault (the backers for wanting pre-load, Steam for the system not being the perfect system, 'the industry' for requiring 'content-creators' to have special access.

Just a total unorganized mess that everyone sees right through. Kudos, though at the lowest level, for at least entertaining the discussion at all. Though it's a little late now to take 'responsibility'.