wes

Early Access to Press/Streamers

222 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JPops said:

damn you @GunMedia_Ben and @wes come in waltzing in here stealing all the potential likes I could have netted. Lol j/k trying to add some levity to this thread. 

You will always be my Rosebud, JPops.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man some  people need to get hobbies

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its safe to say Jason got him...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

"Early 2017"

Just messing with you. ;) 

Had to know that was coming down the line. :lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, the game's not even out yet and people are already feeling the sting of the Banhammer™.

I think I'm gonna like it here... B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of you are cool though, even if you complain a bunch. Just keeps us honest. 

You scamps, you. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

You will always be my Rosebud, JPops.

Lol thanks for that Ban all music! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShankerOne said:

Had to know that was coming down the line. :lol:

Low-hanging fruit, right? Who could resist...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Most of you are cool though, even if you complain a bunch. Just keeps us honest. 

You scamps, you. 

I'm still salty that Randy never streamed Road Avenger on yall's twitch. I mean, it has the best intro to a game ever.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Most of you are cool though, even if you complain a bunch. Just keeps us honest. 

You scamps, you. 

I don't complain. I express my discontent about something with inflammatory words aimed at invoking a strong reaction (often negative) all while planting words that claw around at the back of your mind throughout the day. But never complain. ;) 

I keed. We're all good peeps...mostly.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Luchador said:

I'm still salty that Randy never streamed Road Avenger on yall's twitch. I mean, it has the best intro to a game ever.

Could be worse. You could have asked him to do Ride to Hell: Retribution. ~cringe~

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

 

We will never, ever lie to you and hope that you give us the same courtesy. We all care about this game, there's nothing to be gained by that kind of behavior. 

Gonna hold you to those words ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wes said:

Take a screenshot, send it to me, we'll all sign it and send back. Consider this a contract to take her out in game. LOL ;)

How about you guys go after the dudes who "got her there because of her assets" rather than punishing her for doing her job. There are other streamers (male) who are also clueless about this franchise so, come on, it's hard enough being a woman in this industry. Don't shame or blame a clueless female because a bunch of guys focused on her tits. I'm a big FT13 fan and I'm not offended by their confusion. Again, they are the "new press" and they are doing their job so they aren't required to be experts on the movies anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, J4family said:

How about you guys go after the dudes who "got her there because of her assets" rather than punishing her for doing her job. There are other streamers (male) who are also clueless about this franchise so, come on, it's hard enough being a woman in this industry. Don't shame or blame a clueless female because a bunch of guys focused on her tits. I'm a big FT13 fan and I'm not offended by their confusion. Again, they are the "new press" and they are doing their job so they aren't required to be experts on the movies anyway. 

I am not touching the first half of this post, haha. That is a loaded minefield and I am a clumsy person. (I've also already forgot the exact wording of their posts and not sure if there was any misogyny or if gender was mentioned the same way you would say "some dude", but I imagine it is the latter or else I would have said something)

The new and old press suck at research. Gamespot's review in progress said that Chad is a trope from the films. Which film? The closest he comes to a character in the F13th series would be the "Your tits are stupendous" guy in the remake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, J4family said:

How about you guys go after the dudes who "got her there because of her assets" rather than punishing her for doing her job. There are other streamers (male) who are also clueless about this franchise so, come on, it's hard enough being a woman in this industry. Don't shame or blame a clueless female because a bunch of guys focused on her tits. I'm a big FT13 fan and I'm not offended by their confusion. Again, they are the "new press" and they are doing their job so they aren't required to be experts on the movies anyway. 

Thats the problem though, I know media are supposed to bring attention to and share information, because thats the job. However, some of these streamers are lumped in the same category as media, but they dont do the due diligence that media is supposed to do. If a media outlet were to be given this early access, they would be expected to at least crack open wikipedia and do a little homework on the series. They should figure out the general premise, and general information about a subject, so that when they present the information they can do so with some background tidbits.

IE: This entry is the first foray into gaming for the slasher series in nearly 30 years, for a series that is nearly 40 years old and spans a dozen films, about an unstoppable killing machine named Jason Voorhees that has a penchant for hockey masks and slaughtering teenagers. 

Im not ragging on this one female streamer in particular, but all streamers in general, because although given many of the same perks as the press, they hardly do anything to earn that distinction. I know a lot of press itself doesnt do that nowadays anyways, because so many 'content creators' simply steal, borrow, copy or rephrase things already done elsewhere, just with a little spin on it. 

Sigh, this is just going to turn into a rant about how I hate most streamers; suffice to say, that I wish people that were more in tune with the game were given the opportunity some of these other folks were given. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've waited 28 years for another Friday the 13th video game. I can wait a little longer for my turn. And I say that as a tier 11 backer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kombatologist said:

I've waited 28 years for another Friday the 13th video game. I can wait a little longer for my turn. And I say that as a tier 11 backer.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kombatologist said:

I've waited 28 years for another Friday the 13th video game. I can wait a little longer for my turn. And I say that as a tier 11 backer.

 

2 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

giphy.gif

Well...it has been a while.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

tosclive has been banned for lying about his practices for personal gain. 

We do not care if you insult us. We do not care about you hating us for anything we do. We have reasons for what we do and we want to get you as much information as we can because at the end of the day the health of the game is our main concern. 

However, if you lie as a direct way to curry favor or use lies to try to get access to content or use lies as a means of personal attack towards our team, I will absolutely bring the ban hammer down on you in every channel we know. 

We will never, ever lie to you and hope that you give us the same courtesy. We all care about this game, there's nothing to be gained by that kind of behavior. 

I got a justice boner ^_^

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

 

Thats

 the problem though, I know media are supposed to bring attention to and share information, because thats the job. However, some of these streamers are lumped in the same category as media, but they dont do the due diligence that media is supposed to do. If a media outlet were to be given this early access, they would be expected to at least crack open wikipedia and do a little homework on the series. They should figure out the general premise, and general information about a subject, so that when they present the information they can do so with some background tidbits.

IE: This entry is the first foray into gaming for the slasher series in nearly 30 years, for a series that is nearly 40 years old and spans a dozen films, about an unstoppable killing machine named Jason Voorhees that has a penchant for hockey masks and slaughtering teenagers. 

Im not ragging on this one female streamer in particular, but all streamers in general, because although given many of the same perks as the press, they hardly do anything to earn that distinction. I know a lot of press itself doesnt do that nowadays anyways, because so many 'content creators' simply steal, borrow, copy or rephrase things already done elsewhere, just with a little spin on it. 

Sigh, this is just going to turn into a rant about how I hate most streamers; suffice to say, that I wish people that were more in tune with the game were given the opportunity some of these other folks were given. 

Well, my original reply got messed up so here goes again!

I 100% agree with them not doing their research or necessarily doing their job to the fullest. I take issue with her assets even being a focus in that comment or conversation. It isn't her fault or her problem if a bunch of guys chose to subscribe to objectify her. The complaint could have been "I can't stand streamers who don't know what they are talking about!" After all, a bunch of male streamers don't know what they are talking about and no one is commenting on their figures while complaining. It's crap that her accomplishments are getting minimized to 1) men getting her where she is and then 2) torn down because men got her where she is. Frankly, like all male gamers, female gamers are just here to game! That's all I'm saying. Leave her body out of it and go after every clueless streamer and then tell all your male buddies to unsubscribe to women unless they care about their content and not their boobs. No crazy argument wanted here, just need to say my piece and hope to bring awareness to the backwards commentary being used exclusively towards female gamers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted this in another thread, but it feels even more relevant here: 

Some of us may not have codes...all of us may not have multiple intros...heck, a lot of us will probably not even be able to play due to issues at launch...but at least we have each other.  

NOW KISS JPOPS, YOU FOOL!

(Jpops getting a kiss was added for dramatic effect)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the transparency, as many should. I didn't personally contribute to the kickstarter in all honesty, so I have no sense of self entitlement. But I am someone who likes to find the good in a decision if there's any to be found. And if longevity of the game is a factor, I'm all for it. Like its been stated, everyone wants this game to succeed. Thank you again for being open and honest. To me, this is what creates trust and loyalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, J4family said:

Again, they are the "new press" and they are doing their job so they aren't required to be experts on the movies anyway. 

Let me just clarify , Streamers / Content creators are not the "press" , they are entertainers, in the entertainment industry, they aren't exactly educated journalists working for a paper or online magazine like IGN , Gamereactor , stuff like that.

In the main post he even clarified that, he divided them up in the press and content creators / streamers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I am not touching the first half of this post, haha. That is a loaded minefield and I am a clumsy person. (I've also already forgot the exact wording of their posts and not sure if there was any misogyny or if gender was mentioned the same way you would say "some dude", but I imagine it is the latter or else I would have said something)

The new and old press suck at research. Gamespot's review in progress said that Chad is a trope from the films. Which film? The closest he comes to a character in the F13th series would be the "Your tits are stupendous" guy in the remake. 

I don't disagree, please check out my response to Creeping Death. I'm also not saying there was concious misogyny, but there is some there that should be addressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree with others.  The only frustrating thing I see is that most of the reviews I've seen are people that have near to zero knowledge of Friday the 13th aside they know his name is Jason.  So the only thing they can talk about is the technical side and gameplay.  Which in itself is fine, but that means they can't appreciate the finer details that went in the game.  Most of the review don't even know who Tommy Jarvis is, or don't know Kane Hodder.  It's like watching a review of Guardians of the Galaxy when the only Marvel thing the critic has seen is The Incredible Hulk TV series.

Then again, I'm fine with the early stuff going to press/streamers.  Other games have certainly done it, so this shouldn't be different.  Most people are going to ignore the commentary anyway.

I've waited 19 months for this game.  Two more days (and 8 hours since I'm on PS4...frakkin Sony) is not going to hurt me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Callum said:

Let me just clarify , Streamers / Content creators are not the "press" , they are entertainers, in the entertainment industry, they aren't exactly educated journalists working for a paper or online magazine like IGN , Gamereactor , stuff like that.

In the main post he even clarified that, he divided them up in the press and content creators / streamers.

Yes, but he specifically called them the new press at the end. Their lack of true "press-ness" gives them even more leeway to do a poor job, unfortunately. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now