bewareofbears

Starting Jasons & Counselors and Levels to Unlock

This is all I really wanted to know today. I made a list of the Jasons and counselors and at which level they unlock:

Jason

• Part 3 - Starts Unlocked
  • Part 6 - Level 3
  • Part 7 - Level 7
  • Part 2 - Level 13
  • Part 8 - Level 20
  • Part 9 - Level 31

Counselors

• Vanessa - Starts Unlocked
  • Chad - Starts Unlocked
  • Jenny - Starts Unlocked
  • Kenny - Starts Unlocked
  • AJ - Level 4
  • Deborah - Level 6
  • Brandon - Level 8
  • Eric - Level 10
  • Adam - Level 14
  • Tiffany - Level 18
  • Like 14

Great info to have, thanks bears!

Damn.. Looks like my main Jason is gonna take a while to get... (Part 9) Thanks for the info!

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Wishing that everyone got one free unlock....That late Jason grind...Ugh.

Yea. I'm wondering how long it will be before I see Level 20. I think we should have been able to pick our starting Jason also.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update BewareofBears.   Very much appreciated.  I do have a (dumb) question though.  Does the DLC Jason start off free to chose or will we have to unlock him.  I haven't bothered watching any streams as I prefer to go in blind on Friday.  Thank you! :)

I REALLY hope getting to 14 is feesible by this weekend because i'd hate to need to spend a few weeks playing endlessly just to play as Adam.

Looks like I'll be Kenny'ing it up in the meantime i guess.

12 minutes ago, SCREWNUT said:

Thank you for the update BewareofBears.   Very much appreciated.  I do have a (dumb) question though.  Does the DLC Jason start off free to chose or will we have to unlock him.  I haven't bothered watching any streams as I prefer to go in blind on Friday.  Thank you! :)

I don't know 100% but from what I've read, the DLC Jason is supposed to be available from the get-go. Makes sense, putting paid DLC behind an unlock wall would be asking for trouble.

Cool good to know!  They really must have tweaked things to have Vanessa already unlocked.  Going to be interesting to see.  First game is gonna be Kenny, used him first in the beta so why not lol.  

Just now, FlameRiderSD said:

are these levels confirmed or are they your guesses?

100% confirmed.

48 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

I REALLY hope getting to 14 is feesible by this weekend because i'd hate to need to spend a few weeks playing endlessly just to play as Adam.

Looks like I'll be Kenny'ing it up in the meantime i guess.

There's a perk called « Grinder » that augments your xp gain per match, so I'll be praying that you roll it early

• Like 2

Didn't want to make a separate post so I hope this is ok to ask in here but any opinions on the best or easiest to use Jason and counsler in the beginning? Also when a stat says something like - morph does that mean that Jason cant morph or it just charges slower? Just a little confused because some say cant run so I would think it would say cant morph if that was the case but just want to be clear.

I would say part 3 and Vanessa. Part 3 Jason because they can run it leaves you a little more room for success since you will not need to primarily rely on shift to close the gap between you and counselors. I also say Vanessa because she can run for a bit. Once you get familiar with the mechanics of the game it may be best to venture out and try other counselors and Jason's. That's just my opinion. 

Here is info explaining Jason's strengths and weakness and an explanation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Yea. I'm wondering how long it will be before I see Level 20. I think we should have been able to pick our starting Jason also.

Savini Jason is also open from the jump if you bought it.

I dunno why, but the damn idea of unlocking this stuff has me excited. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Carrot on a stick. Game development 101.

11 minutes ago, JPops said:

I would say part 3 and Vanessa. Part 3 Jason because they can run it leaves you a little more room for success since you will not need to primarily rely on shift to close the gap between you and counselors. I also say Vanessa because she can run for a bit. Once you get familiar with the mechanics of the game it may be best to venture out and try other counselors and Jason's. That's just my opinion. 

Here is info explaining Jason's strengths and weakness and an explanation. 

Thanks for the link, exactly what I needed.

6 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I grew up on RPGs in the 90's and 00's, so I love the grind as long there is a clear goal. Them being locked is a giant shrug for me. Seeing people who have already been playing have Tiffany and others seems like it shouldn't take long anyway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Carrot on a stick. Game development 101.

While it's always great to push forward ( I get much more mileage out of Fallout now that the level cap is gone) I'd sorta lost a bit of the fervor I've had. This thread reignited it. 

47 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I grew up on RPGs in the 90's and 00's, so I love the grind as long there is a clear goal. Them being locked is a giant shrug for me. Seeing people who have already been playing have Tiffany and others seems like it shouldn't take long anyway. 

They've been playing for an undisclosed amoun of time. For all we know it could have taken them a month to unlock Tiff. So it's not a great indicator of how long it takes to get to level 18 that streamers already have her unlocked on stream day.

Just now, ikarikh said:

They've been playing for an undisclosed amoun of time. For all we know it could have taken them a month to unlock Tiff. So it's not a great indicator of how long it takes to get to level 18 that streamers already have her unlocked on stream day.

Bikeman started today, he is level 8 at this moment. 

• Like 1