rushsc

watching Friday the 13th with my gf tonight!

she's younger than me and hasn't seen any of the movies.. it's been several years since i've seen one. i'm very excited for tonight! (friday the 8th... close enough)

i'm thinking i might skip the first one and start with part 2 as much of my love for the series surrounds jason himself. is that acceptable for someone who likes to consider himself a fan of the series?

If you were watching the original Star Trek movies, I'd say absolutley skip the first one! But remember, if you skip F-13 part 1, she won't get introduced to Ms. Voorhees.

she's younger than me and hasn't seen any of the movies.. it's been several years since i've seen one. i'm very excited for tonight! (friday the 8th... close enough)

i'm thinking i might skip the first one and start with part 2 as much of my love for the series surrounds jason himself. is that acceptable for someone who likes to consider himself a fan of the series?

I would strongly recommend having her watch the first movie, while it doesn't prominently feature Jason the events do directly lead to Part 2. Plus its a great movie.

• Like 1

Although the first one doesnt include Jason as the killer i don't think it should be skipped if u have never seen the F13 movies u need to know the origin story.

• Like 1

Way too late, but start with 2, 4 or 6.  Or the most recent one, if you like it.

They all include pretty reasonable catch-ups, and are more indicative of the series as a whole than the original.